#COVID19 | Page 593 | Vital Football

#COVID19

It’s been illegal for someone in Leicester to have a meal at somebody’s house for 255 days - absolutely disgusting.

Nottingham placed in tier 3 despite cases coming down massively and now below the national average, and yet where is the challenge to this parasite at the top?

It’s just accepted like everything else has been this year. For a country that prides itself on standing up to government, I’m baffled by how accepting people are of the decisions without rationale. Liberties taken away to this extent should be scrutinized to the nth degree, but it hasn’t been.. I honestly can’t believe it.

One things for sure, Woanz’s nickname for Boris is the most accurate thing I’ve ever heard - an absolute butcher.

Honestly I really, really don't care about this issue. However, producing an article that 'quotes' unnamed Corbyn supporters saying it, on a day when Starmer pulled Labour ahead, just as a way to pour water on that by mocking Tony Blair's words from 2017 really doesn't strengthen your case.
CP asked for a link So I gave him a link. Then you made a comment saying it was three years ago...

Have you seen the unemployment figures/projections?

The private sector, especially hospitality will take the biggest hit. A freeze in public sector pay shows the solidarity in society the left have long championed.
The pay freeze had been pretty much in place for ten years. This was after the pension had been attacked in a move started by new Labour.

Public sector has always been open house for government.

The pay freeze had been pretty much in place for ten years. This was after the pension had been attacked in a move started by new Labour.

Public sector needs trimming, when I say trimming I mean scything.

You think there aren’t job losses and department closures in the public sector??

Not saying that the private sector won’t be paying for some of it but the public sector has been the easy target for the government for at least a decade.

Despite austerity, public sector was still paid more than the private sector.
After 10 years of austerity, Public sector workers earned an average of £506 per week.
Private sector workers earn only £464 per week.
More public sector workers are enrolled in pension plans than private sector workers.
Those pensions are more generous in the public sector too.

Facts rock.

Last edited:
After 10 years of austerity, Public sector workers earned an average of £506 per week.
More public sector workers are enrolled in pension plans than private sector workers.

Facts rock.
Headline figures and 'averages' can be a bit misleading though. The lowest paid people in the public sector are paid more than in the private sector, but the highest paid are paid far less than their private sector counterparts. At some point those lines cross.

Absolutely correct I retired from the public sector 10 years ago, and governments (mostly labour governments) actions in the years leading up to then have cost me at least £1000 per year since then

Facts rock.
And yet the fact remains that there has been a ten year pay freeze which is set to continue another year as the Government tries to recoup as much as it can from the public sector.

Facts rock.
That is a very propagandist comparison.

The private sector includes the entire retail and labouring sectors, both of which pay large numbers the minimum wage. There is no equivalent in the public sector. In fact, the public sector must have a disproportionate % of positions for highly educated and skilled workers (plus university graduates) compared with the private sector.

The sheer average wage comparison is and always was nonsense; if is comparing apples and pears.

Much more relevant is to look at pay progression rates. If I remember correctly, private sector wages were rising for several years before the government condescended to allow a pay rise for the public sector.

I personally have no objection to a short term freeze on public wages; but it is only just that PS wages rise when the private sector start to as well.

You have quite a number of people in the private sector who may well end up getting paid by taxpayers to do fuck all for the best part of a year; i'm not sure if there is anyone in that position in the public sector. We deserve our share of the recovery as well as the pain, and we deserve to not have fingers pointed at us once again with purile "look how much they earn" shit to turn voters against us.

Our entire year and the economy of this country for a decade at least has been completely wrecked to save the lives of the elderly. Fine. So let them be first in the queue to pay their share. Let's drop that triple lock before we start dishing out the pain to the people who have worked throughout

Headline figures and 'averages' can be a bit misleading though. The lowest paid people in the public sector are paid more than in the private sector, but the highest paid are paid far less than their private sector counterparts. At some point those lines cross.

People are talking about the public and private sectors as though they are two distinct markets. The proof of the pudding is whether you can fill jobs, and anyone can always try to get a job in the other sector.