#COVID19 | Page 5 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Keep this so someone can re-use it at your funeral ;)

On a serious note though, it isn't the actual getting it that worries me at all.

It's the reactions of other people and the consequences of that which terrify me.

The idea that we might close schools. Seriously?

We are meant to go on a short break in the Easter holidays. Can we? I am taking my wife to see a show in London for her 40th in April. Will it be on?

The panic buying is already happening. The people buying 27 loads of hand sanitizer don't seem to realise that I need it as well for them to be protected.

The racism against Chinese people has already been underway for weeks. This is done by the stupidest, least educated (and least interested in being educated) in our country. Good luck getting them to listen to reason

After listening to two programmes on the Radio last week, I cannot help but think that this whole saga is being blown totally out of proportion.

The first programme came to the conclusion that banning mass gatherings and closing schools was just kicking the can down the road, and the second detailed the current situation in China, where they are now moving to what they call phase two which involves a wholesale return to work, phase 3 is more or less a return to normality.

A number of interesting stats to back up the view points of some of the experts:

In comparison to the number of people currently dying from Covid 19 on a monthly basis, here are the number of people dying from the following causes, also on a Monthly basis:

Influenza - 38000

HIV - 49000

Road Accidents (not sure how this is an ailment) - 90000

Heart disease - over 1m

Still some way to go before it becomes as lethal as the Flu.

This will have a catastrophic effect on some University's; I am a member of the gym at Warwick University; the University and Business School have a very high number of Chinese students; the place is deserted at the moment; it must be costing the University a fortune.

The racist aspect was inevitable, mainly because ignorance is far more contagious than the actual disease is.

In fact, most of the people I know who are racist, the ones who are overtly abusive in relation to this issue, tend to be on the elderly side.

The contrast in reactions from some of these people in my local has been priceless; If I complain about the racism, I am accused of being over sensitive, and yet when I ask if these clowns have their affairs in order or if they are insured or mention that it is only a matter of days before the grim reaper calls, I am a heartless bastard.

A friend of mine has some friends in Hubei and they are saying that it has ridiculous levels of people with it and being killed by it but it is not being reported

Wuhan has a population of about 60m
Hubei has a pop of about 100m

Think it is getting to squeezy bum time

A friend of mine has some friends in Hubei and they are saying that it has ridiculous levels of people with it and being killed by it but it is not being reported

Wuhan has a population of about 60m
Hubei has a pop of about 100m

Think it is getting to squeezy bum time
If I were your friends of friends I would not want to be saying that kind of thing to people over the internet.

Chinese government pay a lot of people to both watch internet communications as well as Influence them. And that's a fact, not a conspiracy theory.

Death rate overall is about 2% so I suspect this isn't even remotely true.

If I were your friends of friends I would not want to be saying that kind of thing to people over the internet.

Chinese government pay a lot of people to both watch internet communications as well as Influence them. And that's a fact, not a conspiracy theory.

Death rate overall is about 2% so I suspect this isn't even remotely true.

Pope if you get VPN or a proxy it vastly reduces what people can see

There are ways to be secure

Pope if you get VPN or a proxy it vastly reduces what people can see

There are ways to be secure
Like I say, they have people on these social networks pretending to be ordinary people whose specific job is to report on what people say and steer the conversations towards something positive for the government.

Your VPN doesn't help with that. Nor are they that reliable, as I have found myself over there.

I think the impact on the economy and businesses is the concern. People have demonstrated that they’re prepared to overreact through excessive purchases of sanitizer and bog roll, and that’s whilst UK numbers are very low - once it inevitably spreads quicker, what will happen to daily living for a period of time?

the hope is that the heat you’d expect to see as we enter spring can help kill the virus.

Last edited:
Like I say, they have people on these social networks pretending to be ordinary people whose specific job is to report on what people say and steer the conversations towards something positive for the government.

Your VPN doesn't help with that. Nor are they that reliable, as I have found myself over there.

Whoosh

No, you don't get to pretend that your post was something intellectual that mere mortals didn't get.

You didn't understand what I was talking about before. No shame in that if you accept it with grace.

Why don't you ask your made up friend in China

Racism is inexcusable. Have difficulty understanding why people are shunning home cooked Chinese meals and sales of Corona beer collapsing. Nothing as queer as folk.

After listening to two programmes on the Radio last week, I cannot help but think that this whole saga is being blown totally out of proportion.

The first programme came to the conclusion that banning mass gatherings and closing schools was just kicking the can down the road, and the second detailed the current situation in China, where they are now moving to what they call phase two which involves a wholesale return to work, phase 3 is more or less a return to normality.

A number of interesting stats to back up the view points of some of the experts:

In comparison to the number of people currently dying from Covid 19 on a monthly basis, here are the number of people dying from the following causes, also on a Monthly basis:

Influenza - 38000

HIV - 49000

Road Accidents (not sure how this is an ailment) - 90000

Heart disease - over 1m

Still some way to go before it becomes as lethal as the Flu.

This will have a catastrophic effect on some University's; I am a member of the gym at Warwick University; the University and Business School have a very high number of Chinese students; the place is deserted at the moment; it must be costing the University a fortune.

The racist aspect was inevitable, mainly because ignorance is far more contagious than the actual disease is.

In fact, most of the people I know who are racist, the ones who are overtly abusive in relation to this issue, tend to be on the elderly side.

The contrast in reactions from some of these people in my local has been priceless; If I complain about the racism, I am accused of being over sensitive, and yet when I ask if these clowns have their affairs in order or if they are insured or mention that it is only a matter of days before the grim reaper calls, I am a heartless bastard.[/QUOT

A close friend of mine got diagnosed with terminal Road Accident.
They gave him 15,000 miles to live.

Death rates are lower in Iran than some other places because they have a shorter life expectancy and the elderly are affected most.

The US will have an artificially very high mortality rate because of the undersampling. A couple of days ago they had only tested 450 people!
If they only test people who are at death's door, it will look like a more deadly virus.

Some knocking of China on this thread. Actually they have been boldly proactive in their response and also told the world at an early stage. We should be thanking them for the heads up. Makes sense to collaborate and share information internationally sometimes...

From the beeb. Lol. (Although there is nothing funny about a baby boom..)

"And staying inside for weeks on end will have other long-lasting effects, too: for weeks, people in China have been predicting a baby boom – the result of enforced one-on-one time, they suspect. That’s been coupled with the news that at least one government office that processes divorces was swamped when it reopened to the public on Friday."

The US will have an artificially very high mortality rate because of the undersampling. A couple of days ago they had only tested 450 people!
If they only test people who are at death's door, it will look like a more deadly virus.

Some knocking of China on this thread. Actually they have been boldly proactive in their response and also told the world at an early stage. We should be thanking them for the heads up. Makes sense to collaborate and share information internationally sometimes...

Whilst I admit I have knocked the Chinese government fairly heavily on this thread, I would say that their response has been the most organised, thorough and professional out of any other country so far from what I can gather.

Just seen a photo of a shopping trolley full of 10 packs of 36 toilet rolls. That is 360 rolls. That’s a roll of toilet paper a day for the next year. What are people planning for? Have I missed something?

Just seen a photo of a shopping trolley full of 10 packs of 36 toilet rolls. That is 360 rolls. That’s a roll of toilet paper a day for the next year. What are people planning for? Have I missed something?
That would have likely been Apollyon ...just a normal weekly shop for him in recent weeks since he sampled Bert's fiery parsnips chap.

Maybe they visited the same Kebab house as me last week ?