#COVID19 | Page 2 | Vital Football

#COVID19

You know deep, deep down, just what is going to happen.

For the first time in our history we get to a Play Off Final to be played at Wembley.

All of the Snowflakes who have erased our glorious past because it did not happen in their lifetimes are in raptures; at long, long last they get to go to a Final in that there London.

Then, out of nowhere, the government, a government made up entirely from the boomer generation, decide it has to be played behind closed doors.

And then this happens:

You lot blame many things on the boomer generation. This government is not one of them. Johnson is on the cusp but the likes of Cameron, Patel (47) Sunak (39) and others are not. They probably are far closer to your generation. The generation that gave you the NHS, mainly peace and prosperity, the welfare state and huge advances in medicine, that you all benefit from and all you can wish them is an early grave. You do not have to be quite so vindictive, we will go peacefully in our own time.

Schools are being told something different every day.

Yesterday it was that both staff and pupils might end up transferred to other schools for a while if lots of schools are closed.

On government safeguarding rules alone that one will be dead on arrival.

My guess is absolutely nothing happens and this ends up being the millennium bug of the 2020's. That on two weeks time Harry and Megan will be on the front of the papers again.

But maybe I'm only saying that because it is so unprecedented.

It could also be possible that schools close for a couple of weeks on the back of the Easter Holidays

Yesterday it was that both staff and pupils might end up transferred to other schools for a while if lots of schools are closed.

My guess is absolutely nothing happens and this ends up being the millennium bug of the 2020's. That on two weeks time Harry and Megan will be on the front of the papers again.

It could also be possible that schools close for a couple of weeks on the back of the Easter Holidays

Agree.

You lot blame many things on the boomer generation. This government is not one of them. Johnson is on the cusp but the likes of Cameron, Patel (47) Sunak (39) and others are not. They probably are far closer to your generation. The generation that gave you the NHS, mainly peace and prosperity, the welfare state and huge advances in medicine, that you all benefit from and all you can wish them is an early grave. You do not have to be quite so vindictive, we will go peacefully in our own time.

"You lot"!!!!

And what lot is that then?

Greece has just closed all their schools and universities...

First death in the UK they had underlying health issues but this will most likely ramp up the fear factor, best get another 72 bog rolls and 25 tins of beans.

No fans allowed
All games on Sky
No players allowed within 12 feet of each other
Problem sorted
Might need to change my forecast to 45 -45 for the next game!

First death in the UK they had underlying health issues but this will most likely ramp up the fear factor, best get another 72 bog rolls and 25 tins of beans.

Please let me know if you find any correlation between bean consumption and bog roll consumption outside of a normal diet to bog roll consumption correlation of course.

One 16 year old boy diagnosed in a school near us yesterday, school closed down today. This is how it starts to get serious. The virus will have to run its course regardless.

A lot of people worked for a long time to ensure the millennium bug was a non event.

It was not a non problem.

All hail the technical people who made it meaningless for the vast majority of citizens!
That isn't my memory of it at all.

Perhaps you have more technical experience of it than I do.

But my understanding is that no machines actually were affected by it. it was about the old two digit internal clocks resetting. Is that wrong?

Even my step dad's 15 year old video recorder was still going strong.

No Russian missiles fired themselves, and I don't think Yeltsin spent much on dealing with it

But my understanding is that no machines actually were affected by it. it was about the old two digit internal clocks resetting. Is that wrong?

No Russian missiles fired themselves, and I don't think Yeltsin spent much on dealing with it

Only very old equipment would have been affected; anything built later than 95 should have worked fine, and many things built before then would have worked fine as well.

I was contracting for IBM between 96 and 99 on a contract for the Nat West Bank; their complete network had to be swapped out or they would have had serious problems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-45083650
For starters.