Covid 19 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Covid 19

.............and yet last night I noticed in the supermarket not one of the staff had a mask on and they would have passed by hundreds of customers some with and some without masks on for hours on end
Sainsbury's are making it mandatory for their shop floor staff from the 24th unless they are behind a screen such as kiosk.

Masks are compulsory here now , we had increasing measures announced this afternoon.
Was just talking to the neighbour's son and daughter-in-law who are up for a visit. His brother-in-law lives in Ibiza and apparently they've had no cases there and are very strict. Apparently he was in the car, took a wrong turn and ended up outside the allowed distance from home. Got pulled and ended up with a €1000 fine. €100 on the spot fines are apparently dished out for other related misdemeanours too. Only repeating what I was told.

Apparently he was in the car, took a wrong turn and ended up outside the allowed distance from home. Got pulled and ended up with a €1000 fine.

Not sure about the Glen, there are no restrictions like that , and haven't been since the main lockdown. For example , I wasn't allowed to leave the Province of Valencia to visit Alicante province. That ended early June.
The other infractions leading to 100€ fines are certainly around now.

Somewhere bloody cold and in permanent darkness.
Fargo?

Reading this at the family cabin. High of 80 today. Finish my coffee, morning swim, then the grandkids motor boating. Clean up after they head home and then, any energy left, 9 holes. Of course we use red balls on account of the snow.

No doubt some will take it seriously (14 day quarantine) others will just carry on regardless knowing only a neighbour might be the one to shop them, or the police will have a one hell of a time keeping tabs on the returnees.
My department has taken quite a fair and common sense approach to this. As I booked my hols before lockdown (last October), they will allow me to work from home for 14 days if I have to quarantine. Those who booked after that will have to take leave as they knew it would be a risk.
I wonder how many other employers will be as fair?

My department has taken quite a fair and common sense approach to this. As I booked my hols before lockdown (last October), they will allow me to work from home for 14 days if I have to quarantine. Those who booked after that will have to take leave as they knew it would be a risk.

Are you still going on the holiday then Nobby? Official advice now is to avoid all non-essential travel to mainland Spain.

that seems very fair & I have to admit that I’m pleasantly surprised.

it’s frustrating that they’ve applied this to the Balearics too as they’ve had hardly any cases; and I was hoping to get away for a few days in September. Still time I suppose.

it’s frustrating that they’ve applied this to the Balearics too as they’ve had hardly any cases; and I was hoping to get away for a few days in September. Still time I suppose.
If you were planning on going to ibiza, arent all the clubs closed anyway?

The mum of one of the boys in my son's rugby team (who my wifes quite friendly with) actually works on the police logistics team thats responsible for collating the death data from hospitals and passing the figures/reports onto the govt.

She keeps quite quiet about it all even when asked, but ill ask her her thoughts on the matter next week.

She was quite clear last week that she doesn't feel lockdown should be over quite so quickly and felt we should have carried on in tight lockdown. But then again she did tell me this while she also was at a kids birthday party celebration in our local park, with about 15 kids and their parents, loosely social distancing.

...Almost reminded me of that video clip of the lady at the beach moaning that too many incinsiderate arseholes had gone to the beach.

We're due to go to Lanzerote on 14th September, I guess this will be lifted by then but who knows?

If it's the Canary and Balearic Islands, there's no official advice against travelling for now, but the quarantine still applies.

This is purely my opinion, not based on anything official in any way, but I've felt that here in Spain the idea has been to try and battle through regardless for the summer, and reassess in the autumn. The fact there are already these kind of restrictions being introduced at the end of July doesn't really bode well. As I say though, that's just my personal gut feeling, no more than that.

This is purely my opinion, not based on anything official in any way, but I've felt that here in Spain the idea has been to try and battle through regardless for the summer, and reassess in the autumn. The fact there are already these kind of restrictions being introduced at the end of July doesn't really bode well. As I say though, that's just my personal gut feeling, no more than that.

Here on the Costas , the summer means everything , many business's make their whole income within a certain window , specifically July and August
Our village for example , quadruples in population (mostly from Madrid , some French but very few Brits)
There is huge pressure on the Govt for this tourism to continue , or face ruin.

I love Seville but won’t consider booking anywhere abroad for the foreseeable future.
Insurance will be an issue.
If they start cancelling flights it could get very costly.

I love Seville but won’t consider booking anywhere abroad for the foreseeable future.
Insurance will be an issue.
If they start cancelling flights it could get very costly.
My insurance have said they will pay out if cancelled as I booked so long ago. Those who booked March or later won't be so lucky as far as I can tell.
Interesting to hear Madrid's thoughts about the islands, I just assumed it stood for all of Spain (including Canaries) but you never know.
Will have to do some digging 👌