Covid 19 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Covid 19

You say you don't have it but then say you've been to a shopping centre where there were no masks so how do you know you are clear? Do you have close relatives that you might give it to?
Your post sounds a little bit "me me me."
Do you wear a mask when you go shopping? I see 5% wearing them when I do, but this forum (at least on the internet) most seem to be pro mask??

I don't want to, that's the reason really. I haven't got coronavirus, i'm not scared of getting it, I have managed ok for the last 3 months, and I thought that we making progress to some sort of normality?

This kind of selfish attitude is just the type of thing that might elicit the kind of comment that Wayne was banned for making....

I know of five people who have died of the virus. One 32 , with no health problems. Two who belonged to my wife's lung group, and two who were old, and had covid as one of the causes of death, and not the main cause. I know a few who've had it, but most because of the lung group. One mate caught it, and it did make me smile... He kept saying that the virus was a load of old hooey, and carried on as normal. He then got the virus and spent five weeks in hospital. He said it was like some fat fecker sitting on his chest whilst he was swallowing glass. He's staying in now lol

This kind of selfish attitude is just the type of thing that might elicit the kind of comment that Wayne was banned for making....
Waaa waaa waaa. He's not coming back, let him go.

I'm surprised you are on the establishment side on this one. You didn't seem to be concerned about the lack of masks at BLM demos?

Almost any and every system for recording covid deaths will include some peripherals and miss some definites. Hancock clearly wants to put a question against one set of numbers and infer it is overcooked. It is just as easy to show that the numbers he is referring to are a poor measure and the real numbers are higher. It's a pointless exercise, a lot of people have died.

I know of a fair few people who think they might have had it but I set little store by that. Maybe but probably not is my gut feeling. I know of one person, who has had it with very mild symptoms and another with a moderately unpleasant experience, which has been more long lasting.

Good on Mrs shotshy, it's her shop and she should call the shots. I'm wearing a mask in shops now and would do so on public transport if I was using it. I find the strident non wearers a bit tiresome.

Waaa waaa waaa. He's not coming back, let him go.

I'm surprised you are on the establishment side on this one. You didn't seem to be concerned about the lack of masks at BLM demos?

You missed my point, it wasn't a complaint about Wayne's ban, it was aimed more at yourself.

It's not a case of siding with the establishment. I'm a free thinker. That means I think for myself. I don't simply do what I am told to do by the government but neither do I just simply go against what they tell me to do just for the sake of it. I think for myself.

But because morons like you are incapable of using common sense then it seems that the government must intervene and make mask wearing compulsory. They should have done it weeks ago.

As for the BLM protests, that was a tough one. I fully supported the protests but was very worried about the fact that they would help the virus spread. I didn't go. The reason I didn't go is because I didn't want to catch or spread the virus. To say that I wasn't concerned about a lack of masks or distancing is very wrong.

Last edited:
But because morons like you are incapable of using common sense then it seems that the government must intervene and make mask wearing compulsory. They should have done it weeks ago.

morons like me and the other 95% of the country!. It's only on this site where everyone is sensible enough to (they say) wear masks.

morons like me and the other 95% of the country!. It's only on this site where everyone is sensible enough to (they say) wear masks.

Who is to say it is 95% of the country?

I'd agree that only 5-10% of people seem to be wearing the masks whenever I go out. But I don't go out much because of the virus. And presumably other sensible people are not going out much either, and wearing a mask whenever they're in an indoor public space.

Then there are the morons who are going out as if there's nothing to worry about, not wearing masks because they 'don't want to', and generally carrying on with an 'I'm alright, fuck you', attitude.

Old age, underlying health conditions, sensible no, scared yes.

I'm not old age, I don't have underlying health conditions, and I'm not scared of catching the virus.

I realise though, that those who are old and/or who do have underlying health issues, are understandably scared. It's these people who we need to be thinking about and protecting.

I'm not really masking up for my own sake. This is about looking after the vulnerable in society.

So stop being so thick and selfish, 3x6!

From today's ONS Covid roundup:

• Between 8 and 12 July 2020, 61% of adults reported wearing a face covering when leaving their home in the past seven days, up from 52% the week before
  • People aged 70 and over and those with underlying health conditions were more likely to wear a mask

Good for you but not good for others if you spread the virus.

Ok, apologies if I am a moron for putting myself at risk of getting the virus and passing it on.

And sorry to hear about your mum and her husband getting the virus

From today's ONS Covid roundup:

• Between 8 and 12 July 2020, 61% of adults reported wearing a face covering when leaving their home in the past seven days, up from 52% the week before
  • People aged 70 and over and those with underlying health conditions were more likely to wear a mask
I'm calling bollocks with those figures. Anyone think 61% is true?

Do you wear a mask when you go shopping? I see 5% wearing them when I do, but this forum (at least on the internet) most seem to be pro mask??
Yes I do, and on the train every day since just before lockdown. My wife is 5 years older than me and has previously had a heart condition so just sneaks into "vulnerable". It wasnt considered "serious enough" to have to shield so I've stayed working throughout. I've worn a mask out of respect and caring for her (and others). I've lost a relative and very nearly lost two good friends so am taking this seriously.
I'm guessing you either don't care or have no one to care about?

Ok, apologies if I am a moron for putting myself at risk of getting the virus and passing it on.

And sorry to hear about your mum and her husband getting the virus

Kind words. They're appreciated but not necessary.

I'm not meaning to have a go at you, either. Do have a think about things though, and realise that this virus is a serious thing, that is very real, people are dying, and that it could go on for quite a lot longer yet. Just do your best to keep yourself and everybody else safe. That's all any of us can do.