Covid 19 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Covid 19

My mum was very ill with it. Her husband even worse, he was admitted to hospital and then into ICU.

Mum said it was awful, felt like she was dying and wasn't at all sure she'd see her husband alive again after the ambulance took him away.

They're both fine now.

We have to take this seriously, it's no good people starting to think it's all a fuss about nothing. I just went to the supermarket and as usual (covid usual anyway!) I masked up. Shop was busy but only a handful of people wearing masks. It's disappointing that people can't think for themselves and do the most obviously sensible and responsible thing and put a mask on when around other people indoors.

Glad your family have recovered mate.

Touch wood I don't know anyone who has been tested and had it. There were a few bad cases of what people thought was flu that hospitalised a client of mind end of January but all you can do is join the dots.

One of my team messaged me earlier to say that her house mate has it, she felt ropey for a few days but it ok now. Hopefully my colleague doesn't have it!

Ok, apologies if I am a moron for putting myself at risk of getting the virus and passing it on.

And sorry to hear about your mum and her husband getting the virus

Kind words. They're appreciated but not necessary.

I'm not meaning to have a go at you, either. Do have a think about things though, and realise that this virus is a serious thing, that is very real, people are dying, and that it could go on for quite a lot longer yet. Just do your best to keep yourself and everybody else safe. That's all any of us can do.

Get a room you two.

But keep socially distant please 👍

I have moderate COPD and since lockdown have only been out 3 times, each time wearing a N95 mask with changeable 5 layer filters. When I return to work mid August I shall be wearing a mask at all times as I'm in a customer facing role, even if it scares the shit out of some of my customers.

Met up with an old mate for the first time since lockdown. His dad died of COVID. First person I have known who had a close relation die.

We have always been 2-3 weeks behind Europe. Watching the local flare ups in Spain is a reminder that we may have this to come. If this is still kicking around in the winter then the worst may yet be to come.

Met up with an old mate for the first time since lockdown. His dad died of COVID. First person I have known who had a close relation die.

We have always been 2-3 weeks behind Europe. Watching the local flare ups in Spain is a reminder that we may have this to come. If this is still kicking around in the winter then the worst may yet be to come.

It's a tough one isn't it. Our economy has been battered, jobs are being lost left right and centre and I fear for the generation that is leaving school/ uni and seeking a job. At the same time people are losing their lives.

How do you go about making that decision?

Ap
It's a tough one isn't it. Our economy has been battered, jobs are being lost left right and centre and I fear for the generation that is leaving school/ uni and seeking a job. At the same time people are losing their lives.

Didn't you know? It’s easy, it's just the bumbling idiot in charge that keeps f***ing it up 🙄
I was interested to read about the "re count" that's been ordered re Covid-19 deaths. Apparently, if you tested positive in March, recover, then get killed by a bus in July, you still get chalked up as a covid death. And our resident (but banned) expert called BS when I suggested there were non covid deaths marked up as such. 🤔

Ap

Didn't you know? It’s easy, it's just the bumbling idiot in charge that keeps f***ing it up 🙄
I was interested to read about the "re count" that's been ordered re Covid-19 deaths. Apparently, if you tested positive in March, recover, then get killed by a bus in July, you still get chalked up as a covid death. And our resident (but banned) expert called BS when I suggested there were non covid deaths marked up as such. 🤔

One of my pals sent me a link to that news, you literally couldn't make it up.

Cynical SE1 wonders if bozza is talking down the numbers so people go back to work and spending £5 on a cappuccino and a pastry every morning.

One of my pals sent me a link to that news, you literally couldn't make it up.

Cynical SE1 wonders if bozza is talking down the numbers so people go back to work and spending £5 on a cappuccino and a pastry every morning.
Yeah, some are shouting "fix" for reviewing the figures but with The Opposition asking for an inquiry into the pandemic response, its only right that these figures are accurate. I now have personal knowledge of three people who have died and been marked up as "with COVID-19" without ever being tested. They were labelled as such simply because they "displayed symptoms" before dying.
Apparently "with" covid19 is enough to get you on the count, whatever the actual cause of death.

Masks are compulsory here now , we had increasing measures announced this afternoon.

Think Madrid and the Canary Islands are now the only parts of Spain where it's not compulsory to wear a mask in public at all times (here, for now, it's still only in enclosed areas, and in open areas if you can't guarantee keeping a safe distance from others).

Think Madrid and the Canary Islands are now the only parts of Spain where it's not compulsory to wear a mask in public at all times (here, for now, it's still only in enclosed areas, and in open areas if you can't guarantee keeping a safe distance from others).
Same here in reality , exceptions are beach time and 'natural spaces' ?

We have to mask up in indoor public spaces. I'd say compliance is 90 percent in supermarkets. Lower elsewhere. Also higher in urban and lower in rural.

Yeah, some are shouting "fix" for reviewing the figures but with The Opposition asking for an inquiry into the pandemic response, its only right that these figures are accurate. I now have personal knowledge of three people who have died and been marked up as "with COVID-19" without ever being tested. They were labelled as such simply because they "displayed symptoms" before dying.
Apparently "with" covid19 is enough to get you on the count, whatever the actual cause of death.

I agree with your last sentence and it shouldn’t be the case. Dying “with” is obviously different to dying “of”. Although I do think the numbers will even out though. For all the inaccurately added cases there could well have been people that died with it, in the early days, who weren’t tested therefore never recorded as having it. But it does need investigating more thoroughly.

Going back to the OP, we’ve had people at work ‘self isolating’ from the beginning. I had one guy in my department isolate for 14 days at home. He was quite ill apparently, his wife less so a few days after he started recovering. Never got tested so doesn’t know if he had it or not.

I can’t think of anyone I know who has “officially”, 100% been tested and had it.

Both myself and my wife were convinced we had it Around xmas time. Early/mid December we travelled to Salzburg where there are a huge amount of Asian tourists due to the catholic history there. We mingled through the packed Christmas markets, restaurants, airport, krampus parades and festivals. On our return a few weeks later both of us were ill, I was coming home from work and going straight to bed. Felt like I’d been beaten up, both breathless after climbing the stairs. We also both had the cough. Yet my wife had the antibody test last week through work and it returned negative. So guess we didn’t have it after all.

On the subject of masks, it has been company policy for about 2 months now. On entering site our temperature is checked, we sanitise hands and don a mask. As I now wear one most of the day anyway, it doesn’t bother me wearing one out. In fact if I’m going to a shop I’m generally popping in on my way home after work so just keep it on anyway.

Its a fine balance to strike. The economy is always a priority for me as it drives all of the money to pay for other essential public services.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing but there were some obvious things we could have done quicker and better. We are an island - this could have been our greatest defence. We could shut the borders early on and stopped anymore external cases coming in. We could have said masks outside far earlier. Even if it was 1% effective that's 1% less.

Bottom line is we will need to accept that this virus will take a percentage of people every day.

Lets hope we are geared for any winter wave. Not more effing about with PPE. It all needs to be there ready for the NHS to use.

This possible over-counting was highlighted months ago.

But it is also possible that some people have died with (because of ?) Covid, but excluded from Covid total.

So we may never know .....
...which is why "excess deaths" seems worth monitoring.

I believe we have just had 2 weeks where total deaths were fewer than the recent 5 years average for those weeks.
i.e. Frail people may have died a couple of months earlier than expected.

Family responses may depend on how prepared they were for their relative slipping away.