Corona Virus - What happens to football? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Corona Virus - What happens to football?

Of course they are the best. Furloughing non playing staff whilst they keep their money and leaving tax payers ( us fans ) to pay the bill, whilst sitting in their tacky conservatory making embarrassing videos.

Last edited:
Good article Tuckster and I entirely agree with you.

Only last night Sminky posted the news that her long standing friend and one time sister in law had sadly passed away due to the virus.
I know Sminky's brother who is a very good man and have had many conversations with him over our loves of music and football and am sure that he, like his daughter and Sminky do not have football on their minds at all.

Just imagine their feelings and times that by 21,000 and ask the general public how important football is, especially as it is all about the money and not the well being of fans and their morale.

I am a huge fan of football and cricket and miss them as part of my everyday life BUT I am mindful that millions of our population are not and imagine how they would feel if sport was allowed to start up. My guess is that everybody else would start to ignore the separation rules and we could go back for a second peak.

To put it into context for me, I despise musicals and if all the theatres opened to put them on disregarding public safety to make money I would be very angry and argue for football and cricket to start up too.

A superb article Tucks and DGs reply is the one I would have given.

We know it’s all about money and it will send out totally the wrong message just like the opening of B&Q has done . Mrs YB and myself have made a huge effort to help the NHS and the country . We have not been in a supermarket for over 5 weeks now and have managed with food box deliveries from Morrisons and shopping at our very quiet local shop when no-one else is around . We have had no contact with anyone for 5 weeks as well , and as has been stated , I will feel very annoyed if this stupid greedy idea of re-starting football wrecks all we have done and we suffer a second peak of Covid19

Football ramping up for a re-start. I’m really not comfortable with it happening so quickly. Surely money is the driver?!

https://norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk...aying-again-in-around-six-weeks-are-they-mad/
I agree with you. With The Scottish, Dutch and now French leagues all stopping this seasons campaign I just don't see why we can't do the same. I keep hearing pundits saying we must finish it and it can't be cancelled. Well, it can and if it still isn't safe to do so then we should. It is just a shame that the FA/FIFA always seem to be slow to react or act on things and it is the same here. Stop pissing about and make a decision. The virus is still about as the death toll today shows and I just can't see it is safe to start playing again. I miss football but safety comes first. Also, if it is to start again in late May it will be such a rush to get it all in. Start afresh next season - cancel now gives teams time to prepare. Maybe award Liverpool the title as they were miles ahead - I, of course, want no teams to be relegated as it means we stay up. Bring the top two up from championship - but that doesn't seem fair on the other clubs - this is what the top boys/girls in FA/FIFA need to decide on asap.

Considering we have about 21,000 season ticket holders , the Smiths must be pulling a tidy amount of money In each week without there even being games on

Hard up supporters shelling out for games not being played, paying players their obscene wages in full and furloughing non playing staff.
The Smiffs have such a ' family club ' mentality.

Last edited:
Good news today. Even the shocking Greater Anglia Trains have fully refunded me for the 2 returns to Liverpool Street for cancelled Arsenal away game.
Not any sign of a refund for the 4 match tickets from the club though.

Goes to show how sick these pampered footballers are . They would all serve us better by keeping their moronic mouths shut

Whoopy Do.

Phase one of Norwich City Football Club and Norwich City Community Sports Foundation’s Canaries COVID-19 Community Project is in full swing following its commencement last week.
As previously announced, Daniel Farke, the players, and senior staff at the Football Club have donated some of their salaries, while owners and directors have also contributed to the amount raised, which totals over £200k.
The sum is currently being used by the Foundation and volunteers from the Football Club’s staff to support some of the most vulnerable people and causes in Norfolk who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19.

A second phase of the project will come later whereby the Foundation’s work will support people with the potential longer term impacts of the COVID-19 crisis such as poor mental health, the side effects of inactivity, and loss of employment or housing. The Foundation is now accepting donations towards the project on a dedicated Canaries COVID-19 webpage.
During this initial period, more than 950 packages of food parcels and activity packs have been delivered across Norfolk in coordination with local authorities and charities, reaching some of the most in need in the county.

£ 200 k between say 30 overpaid and rich people is approx £ 6.5 k each.

I have been told this week they are on approx £ 30 k a week
so that is a fifth of one weeks wages before tax.

I think we could all donate that percentage for one week.

Random one. Because norwich players have been putting videos of their home up every day I noticed leitner has a massive pad, garden and own large pool and a gym. Compared to others he has a mansion. Cantwell still seems to be home with parents, buendia looks to be in a new build smallish one, klose seems to have a few nice cars but an apartment and the other I can't remember but it looks like a flat near the ground. So my question is is leitner one of our highest earners do you think? I expect he'll be gone in summer

I imagine Leitner is quite well paid, having previously played for BVB, Lazio and Augsburg and your shout of £30k pw isn’t far off the mark, DG.
Last summer‘s pay increases were as much to do with tying assets to the club long term as they were about paying players “the going rate” to keep them here.
From what my mate told me, whose company sponsor the club, £40k is now an average salary for a top first team player, such as Pukki.
The contracts all have relegation salary cut clauses too.
I‘m as frustrated as anyone at paying for football that isn’t happening but I’d not want it to return anytime soon - that would seem crazy, until we’ve got a handle on this Virus.
In the meantime, the club’s finances will be part based on season ticket income, so what to do?
Unless Delia and Michael are going to start paying out of their pockets but I can’t see that happening anytime soon...