Corona Virus - What happens to football? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Corona Virus - What happens to football?

My response on main page

April 19, 2020 at 10:55 pm

That is a thorough article Tuckster and makes interesting reading.
Of course as a long time Norwich fan I would be content with season being written
off and eventually having another go at staving off relegation from scratch.
If that were to happen there could be an argument for starting next season with same
squads in an attempt to make conditions the same as before.
However any restriction on players contracts is impossible so another window would have
to be opened and clubs would have an opportunity to improve their squad.
Bearing in mind the current situation I cannot see season being continued in time to complete
20 / 21 by May 21 and a decision will have to be made soon.
I would consider myself decent at maths but cannot see how working out average points per game
would help as it is not possible to change a league position ?
If bottom 3 were to be relegated Villa would have a huge argument for being unfair as a win in their game in hand would get them out of bottom 3.

Its a big problem and as usual the concern of premier league is money orientated.

I always think those sorts of comments and analysis are a bit rubbish. I’m a firm believer in “the table doesn’t lie“ and ultimately you end up where you deserve to after all the games have been played.

Exactly - which is why we have to play all the remaining games or, we just sack the season off. Might be better to just do that...😉😆

I'm not so sure. We have seen a few successful 'anti football' clubs and managers (Pulis' Stoke anyone?). Many of the games we lost were not because we played worse football; we were hacked and kicked out of the points. It shows our performance against technically skilled opposition is generally better than against those 'teams' that are allowed to get away with fouling.

We are not protected by the officials administering the rules in a fair and proper manner for most of the time.

If the PL aspire to be the best league in the world they should support football played in a skilful and fair way.

Just had call from the club offering help from a large number of volunteers
in case I was struggling with shopping etc.

Tempted to say I would like to help with purchases such as 2 or 3 premier league standard players to help us stay up :grinning: but as such a nice lady I thanked her a couple of times and wished her well with supporters who were struggling.

My immediate reaction is lower transfer fees are good BUT thinking about it, buy success clubs will get players from clubs like ours on the cheap and then pay them even bigger wages with the gap between top and bottom growing even wider.

My thoughts exactly. Norwich may be ok but clubs in the EFL with plAyers previously worth £15m May now be desperate for cash.
That player might have to be sold on the cheap to big clubs for say, only £5m...

Just read that France have extended a ban on all mass gatherings until at least July 15th - can anyone see us being more lenient here?
Surely not.

I just can't see the season starting again but the fa or whom ever needs to just make a bloody decision so we know and clubs too. I feel for the lower league clubs who are really struggling during this time too.

If we have to sign loan players then they better be an improvement on this season.

Typical the time (next season) we look to finally be okay financially, look to have players ready to sell for 30 million starting and have money to spend and now this. I read that we could have 35 million financial hole to sort

So i guess next season we will have no money again to spend.
Probably right but it’ll all be relative. Only the biggest clubs will be unaffected so the cost of a player will reduce everywhere and in every league, I would assume.

Typical the time (next season) we look to finally be okay financially, look to have players ready to sell for 30 million starting and have money to spend and now this. I read that we could have 35 million financial hole to sort

Time for selfish smiths to sell.