Corona Virus - What happens to football? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Corona Virus - What happens to football?

Perfectly encapsulates my feelings about being a Norwich City supporter. Wouldn't it be ironic if there were no more games played this season and we return in September rock bottom but still playing premier league football?

Would any team be allowed to move players I n or out?

Perfectly encapsulates my feelings about being a Norwich City supporter. Wouldn't it be ironic if there were no more games played this season and we return in September rock bottom but still playing premier league football?

Would any team be allowed to move players I n or out?
I haven’t got a clue what’s going to happen and I doubt anyone else has at the moment...

I wonder what the top choices are from the people who will decide?

Will it be stop season now - Liverpool champions - bottom three relegated - top 3 of championship promoted? On SKY they were saying that lots of clubs would have the ability to sue if this happened and that would be a big mess.

Try to continue in April with no fans and stream games - but then what about the players? they could become sick and spread it around.

End season but no one relegated - I like this one of course. 22 teams next season and 5 relegated. Start season again when it normally should start - issue would be pre season and trying to buy players

A beautiful dream DG. However, out of all the possible scenarios, that seems the least likely:censored:

Aussie scientists got a cure using existing HIV drugs and they kill the virus but they want to test which one of 3 options is the best - NO - get them out there and get everyone well. But NO - there's a regime in place for testing on humans - even though they've given humans the test and it owrks very well and its a drug already tested on humans - what gives - come on world chase up the aussies for the info

Aussie scientists got a cure using existing HIV drugs and they kill the virus but they want to test which one of 3 options is the best - NO - get them out there and get everyone well. But NO - there's a regime in place for testing on humans - even though they've given humans the test and it owrks very well and its a drug already tested on humans - what gives - come on world chase up the aussies for the info

Under President Trump, they finally brought in a process where people who are terminally ill have the Right to try drugs etc under development rather than wait for the usual lengthy approval process.

In Seattle, USA., 45 have taken a trial vaccine for this virus

Bog Roll update - an explanation i have read but dont know if its true;

Australia - hard a shortage of bog rolls as they are produced in China for Australia.
Not so for us!

Tuckster.
It is a very complex issue with no ideal solution.
The more I think about Mrs DG working so hard at N and N, Miss DG Senior working at UEA and getting Miss DG Junior home from London with a large computer to carry on working and the company afloat, the more football becomes unimportant.
Add to that my self employed status with many of my clients not being able to commit to projects and renting out a house to students who may not want to be there anymore and having 2 large mortgages to pay with uncertain income,
my thoughts about football almost disappear sometimes.

However as I have paid my ST for the remaining games and next season's ST in full up to April 2021, I am also wondering about these outlays.
I bought 4 tickets for Arsenal away and 2 train tickets so that £ 200 is on a card which needs to be paid soon.
That's the best part of £ 1000 and finance will be tight very soon.

However football does need to be resolved this season and hopefully when we are back to normal ? again something has to be done.

I have to agree that Liverpool are champions although if title is handed over
to them it should be with condition that their fans are never allowed to mention it at all, ever !:grinning:
Remaining top 4 places I could not give a monkeys about as they are all bought.

Nobody can be relegated from premier without having played all games in fair circumstances so 20 teams remain.

I do not want to see Leeds promoted as they need to be given the chance of screwing it up during final run in as always.

As for the lower leagues, a solution needs to be found where clubs do not lose any more money and the rich fa and premier league should help out but they will not.

All very true, DG. Lots of people will lose their livelihoods and some will lose their lives, making sport unimportant. However, the headline of the article I wrote yesterday “Football is the most important of the least important things” does hold true, I think. It’s a release, an escape from every day life, something to focus on other than what are often the grim realities of the real world.
sadly, it will probably be decided by the money men as to what happens next.
Those lower league clubs without TV income are going to struggle and as focal points of communities, they deserve financial help.
I bet the government won’t get involved though. Perhaps the TV companies or the Premier League clubs could offer financial support to those who can’t pay their staff?

Totally agree Tuckster.
We will get through this and then we need to have best chance of supporting a premier league club and it is important to us.

The smaller clubs should be supported as the top clubs do benefit from signing players from lower leagues and promotion / relegation is key to the overall football community.
Like you I cannot see Government support.
I am currently listening to BEIS committee live and just from the discussions so far
they seem to be struggling to agree that Government will support workers pay when sick or isolating so football will be a long way down the priority groups.

Perhaps greedy Sky could chip in with a few quid ... they don’t mind fleecing fans for every penny while the going is good , so now they should support the industry that has made them rich