Conspiracy Thread - Theories Or Otherwise | Page 140 | Vital Football

Conspiracy Thread - Theories Or Otherwise

Has anyone here heard of Operation Highjump?

It's a bit of a weird one. Right after WW2, the Americans sent 4,700 men, 13 ships and 33 aircraft into the Antarctic. They left with their tails between their legs after a number of their vehicles were destroyed. Commenting on the mission afterwards:

Admiral Richard E. Byrd warned today that the United States should adopt measures of protection against the possibility of an invasion of the country by hostile planes coming from the polar regions.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about it online.

Sounds vaguely familiar, I remember something about UFOs which is probably why I heard of it, lol.

Sounds vaguely familiar, I remember something about UFOs which is probably why I heard of it, lol.

It's all very vague. There are theories about a Nazi base down there but no evidence to back it up. The same with the aliens. It's not really clear what the mission was or why it required so many men. They were supposed to be doing scientific research. Why do you need 4,000 soldiers to do research?

There don't seem to be any deathbed confessions from the soldiers or any of that stuff that comes with conspiracy theories. The only thing left over is that the commander of the mission seemed to think that the US needed to be prepared in case of an attack from the poles. Odd.

It's hard to avoid Conspiracy Theories when it comes to Covid. From it's origins, through everyday drugs curing it to the vaccines, they have been with us since day one.

It has to be said that science says it's not man made, Ivermectin doesn't cure it and vaccines work. Whatever Twitter or Facebook say, and lets face it, they aren't reliable sources at the best of times, nothing changes the science.

One wonders where this distrust in science comes from? I have traced much of it back to a 1992 PR campaign where US oil companies employed the man that convinced many that pesticides weren't dangerous and that smoking wasn't bad for your health. He successfully persuaded many to doubt science on a massive scale, and this legacy still persists today.

Could it be that he has killed more people than Hitler and Stalin combined?

Last edited:
Some sciences have a well documented reproducibility crisis which means influential research has been exposed to be utter garbage. This appears to more likely plague the medical and psychological sciences. Acts of demonstrable fraud also do not help https://www.science.org/content/art...mages-threatens-key-theory-alzheimers-disease.

Things like this can undermine public confidence. So the point here is that the institution of science doesn't always help itself.

Some sciences have a well documented reproducibility crisis which means influential research has been exposed to be utter garbage. This appears to more likely plague the medical and psychological sciences. Acts of demonstrable fraud also do not help https://www.science.org/content/art...mages-threatens-key-theory-alzheimers-disease.

Things like this can undermine public confidence. So the point here is that the institution of science doesn't always help itself.

Yes, deliberate fraud, particularly in the pharmaceutical industry, has occurred. You've got peer review, but that is only effective if you're given the right data to analyse.

There were about 60 studies about the effectiveness of Ivermectin on Covid, and a medical student in London managed to debunk all of them. Several took data that supported the viewpoint, and replicated it over and over again to suggest many patients saw a benefit. Many people are still quoting these studies as proof.

I don't really know how we fix this, but science always comes out right in the end, so we do need to trust it.

trust but verify as the Russian proverb goes.
I think some folk lack the critical thinking skills to look at the data (regardless of source) - guess that'll always be the case.
There's also no certainty as such which also seems a struggle.

trust but verify as the Russian proverb goes.
I think some folk lack the critical thinking skills to look at the data (regardless of source) - guess that'll always be the case.
There's also no certainty as such which also seems a struggle.

There is also a lot of observational bias. People see what they want to see. Often two very different views from the data can be justified.

For example, anti vaxers see the rising number of cases of Covid as proof it doesn't work, whereas Doctors see that deaths aren't spiking, so they do.

As requested by Lord Fear, I now place this nonsense where it belongs. Conspiracy theory nuts, please respond here.

haha what BS. China is and has form for being secretive and we know their culture is all about not losing face. You cannot rewrite history and the present.

They haven't been secretive with these researchers, though. They got full access.

This also ignores the second study, which did an analysis of the genome evolution. This didn't need any data from China, and it concluded:

"We show that the SARS-CoV-2 genomic diversity prior to February 2020 comprised only two distinct viral lineages—denoted A and B—with no transitional haplotypes. Novel phylodynamic rooting methods, coupled with epidemic simulations, indicate that these two lineages were the result of at least two separate cross-species transmission events into humans. "

I was going to post this in the movie thread, but I just watched 'Behind The Curve' a flat earth documentary on Netflix.

It's a bit too lazy to just say these people are batshit crazy. It's not that they are unintelligent or mentally ill, it's more like an indoctrination, or even something along the lines of narcissistic personality disorder. It really is like a new religion, and like any religion, when you believe hard enough in it, then you have all the answers and you can't be argued with.

It's just sad, it's not as if these people are evil or anything, just completely lost which is alluded to in the documentary by the various physicists and psychologists.

It hits home a bit because one of my oldest friends has lost his mind completely, we hung out last weekend in a mate's gaff and while flat earth didn't come up, he's basically a born again Christian, who believes we are in a spiritual war against the Satanists. He's highly intelligent and a great musician, but it's fascinating to see someone like him buy into literally every conspiracy, and even though I am interested in various topics he brings up, he gets aggressive when I point out something is complete bullshit and it's just impossible to argue with him.

It's gotten to the point where our other friends won't even show up if he's going to be there. Jews this, Freemasons that blah blah blah. I left in a huff because I couldn't listen to him anymore. I'm getting too old for this shit.

I was going to post this in the movie thread, but I just watched 'Behind The Curve' a flat earth documentary on Netflix.

It's a bit too lazy to just say these people are batshit crazy. It's not that they are unintelligent or mentally ill, it's more like an indoctrination, or even something along the lines of narcissistic personality disorder. It really is like a new religion, and like any religion, when you believe hard enough in it, then you have all the answers and you can't be argued with.

It's just sad, it's not as if these people are evil or anything, just completely lost which is alluded to in the documentary by the various physicists and psychologists.

It hits home a bit because one of my oldest friends has lost his mind completely, we hung out last weekend in a mate's gaff and while flat earth didn't come up, he's basically a born again Christian, who believes we are in a spiritual war against the Satanists. He's highly intelligent and a great musician, but it's fascinating to see someone like him buy into literally every conspiracy, and even though I am interested in various topics he brings up, he gets aggressive when I point out something is complete bullshit and it's just impossible to argue with him.

It's gotten to the point where our other friends won't even show up if he's going to be there. Jews this, Freemasons that blah blah blah. I left in a huff because I couldn't listen to him anymore. I'm getting too old for this shit.

I had the same in the noughties witha friend. He went completely mental, to the point that every conversation came back to his conspiracy theory talking points.

I still miss him sometimes. He ended up giving up his well paid job to go do some course in London related to all this.

It's not Science per se that I mistrust. It's the motive, message, and ultimately control of that and the output that worries me.

This new endemic disease amongst us. Other than the natural biology inherent in a Virus, there's too much noise around the rest of it for me to know what I need to.

All I want to know is where it came from, then I want to ensure it doesn't happen again. Also would like all the Biohazard labs to stop f*cking with these things, and only look at ways of killing them. Because then if there is a leak at least it's a Cure.

Note: deliberately not pointing fingers as there's a Certain Embassy not miles away and my tinfoil hat is in the kitchen.

This new endemic disease amongst us. Other than the natural biology inherent in a Virus, there's too much noise around the rest of it for me to know what I need to.

All I want to know is where it came from, then I want to ensure it doesn't happen again. Also would like all the Biohazard labs to stop f*cking with these things, and only look at ways of killing them. Because then if there is a leak at least it's a Cure.

I'll ignore your local neighbours lol For me, ignore the noise. Yes the experts aren't batting 100% but they never will. Those creating the noise provably don't understand science via their own words and claims and when you get physiotherapists getting airtime because they hunker up to irrelevant PHD's (whilst not explaining what they got them in) - again ignore the social media crowd and those cashing in.

I live on the basis of anyone who says they are right, I ignore. It can include myself after a Villa match.

As for SJH and Heath, yes, I think we all know someone personally who has gone down the rabbit hole. There is nothing wrong with questioning, but when you get to the point that you believe answers that are themselves total and utter conjecture - you're fucked.

The next step is being proven wrong and excusing the proof in favour of your belief - because obviously the proof is a conspiracy of itself.

It takes many forms, I know a bloke who was so in awe of the Russian military design that he was convinced a Russian tank would withstand a UK/USA tank bombardment for a significant period of time because they were built to 'take damage and keep going'. He thought the same about their jets and he was convinced that meant speed, agility etc was offset.

Ufologists and similar ilk have very cleverly created themselves a rewarding niche market that plays on insecurity - rather than worrying about aliens, we should be worrying about rich wankers who don't think £10m is enough.

Born again Christians are a nightmare usually but one into conspiracy theories too (I don't mean for the jokers Christianity is a conspiracy) Holy cr*p 🆘

I still come under the Christian umbrella however my core faith has changed alot over the years.

I would say I'm more an Omnist now - truth and truthes in everything. I have been led since since David passed on many paths in my spiritual life.

It's been an amazing journey which has and still does lead me to listening to many different spiritual paths.

At it's true core (not the bull man has added on) all faiths have the same core of seeking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll ignore your local neighbours lol For me, ignore the noise. Yes the experts aren't batting 100% but they never will. Those creating the noise provably don't understand science via their own words and claims and when you get physiotherapists getting airtime because they hunker up to irrelevant PHD's (whilst not explaining what they got them in) - again ignore the social media crowd and those cashing in.

I live on the basis of anyone who says they are right, I ignore. It can include myself after a Villa match.

Generally the louder someone shouts the less I hear. Though conversely the more a message is suppressed the more I wish to hear it. And in all cases if there are questions that cannot be answered satisfactorily for me then the information is suspect.

Can make decisions without all the facts, but not with open questions. With this endemic since I still do not know what happened in Oct-Dec '19, there's big questions unanswered. My freedom was taken from me, am a little sensitive to this and want to know why and who or what is responsible. There's further suspiscion aroused because when there was a chance to stop this spreading globally in Feb '20 (ish) the line I was being fed was "This is no worse than the Flu", and this was coming from people who were well entrenched with both the "Elite" and the "Establishment".

I don't mind people saying they're right calmly and without emotion, I expect them to answer my questions with facts pertaining to my question. If I am wrong I will be corrected, unfortunately my experience is that doesn't work both ways. It's been more my experience to be labelled something and in some cases very nastily if the question cannot be answered.

LOL, though. Yes when passionate or emotional about a subject (Villa being close to my heart, as some ladies have been) there are times when "ignore me" is the best option. Wish someone did when I said "you have the best bum in the world", we might still be talking.

Born again Christians are a nightmare usually but one into conspiracy theories too (I don't mean for the jokers Christianity is a conspiracy) Holy cr*p 🆘

I still come under the Christian umbrella however my core faith has changed alot over the years.

I would say I'm more an Omnist now - truth and truthes in everything. I have been led since since David passed on many paths in my spiritual life.

It's been an amazing journey which has and still does lead me to listening to many different spiritual paths.

At it's true core (not the bull man has added on) all faiths have the same core of seeking.

Yep, I have nothing against Christians (I was born into it), but yeah, seems to be a lot of these people out there who are hard into conspiracies and believers in God. I think 'truthers' is another name.

Its like the religious far right in America but I'm seeing a lot of it on Irish and UK Twitter, and I think that's the rabbit hole my friend has fallen down. He's always had an ego anyway (front man in a band type), and maybe a bit narcissistic, maybe these kind of people are easily targeted, just like the far left target intelligent young females.

According to some guy on YouTube, the Russians believed that Operation Highjump was an American military mission to destroy a German base in the Antarctic. Most of the juicy stuff like the diaries and that were fake though.

There are a lot of conspiracies going around saying the Covid vaccine causes heart issues.

A recent study found that the Covid virus, specifically the spike proteins, cause long term damage to the heart. Many long Covid cases are because of this.

The vaccine contains a tiny piece of this same spike protein. Doctors say that whilst this can still trigger the same issues with the heart as catching the virus, it is far safer overall.

The choice is between getting the virus and having serious, long term heart conditions, or take the vaccine, and tiny fraction will get heart problems less severe than the virus would have given them.