City Ground | Page 16 | Vital Football

City Ground

Just had my daily glance at the latest from the RBC planning portal. I see the boat club have sent in another long and you would perhaps think well reasoned objection. Well reasoned that is until you get to the bit where laughably in the same letter they say they are willing to compromise with the club. They are after money, and Forest have told them where to go.

Just had my daily glance at the latest from the RBC planning portal. I see the boat club have sent in another long and you would perhaps think well reasoned objection. Well reasoned that is until you get to the bit where laughably in the same letter they say they are willing to compromise with the club. They are after money, and Forest have told them where to go.

Much as I want the best ground for Forest, if someone flattened something I owned for their benefit, I would want them at least to provide me with an alternative building, plus I wouldn't be too happy if they built a block of flats next to my property either.

Much as I want the best ground for Forest, if someone flattened something I owned for their benefit, I would want them at least to provide me with an alternative building, plus I wouldn't be too happy if they built a block of flats next to my property either.
Nobody is flattening anything? They don't like the development but would like the development if they got a bung. Then everything is lovely. They have said as much in their letter of objection.

Its a boat club, they dont live in it!

Nobody is flattening anything? They don't like the development but would like the development if they got a bung. Then everything is lovely. They have said as much in their letter of objection.

Could be wrong, but aren't we planning to get rid of the Britannia Rowing Club building ? Arguably the Boat Clubs could also have a waterside Development to finance them moving, which would probably be scuppered if there is a massive block at the back of the remaining ones.

Interesting ground valuations on another thread. What were the stated build costs for our upgrade ive forgotten?

A figure of 100m was rumoured but that, if accurate, includes over 250 appartments.
Yes thats the figure that I vaguely remember. I thought it was a lot at the time but things have moved on since I was a builders estimator. So a fag packet calculation for your consideration. 250 apartments at sale price of say £60 million? Profit margin for the purpose of this exercise 10%?. £6 million pounds to spend on one new stand.

RBCs planning committee meet on Thursday. I cant find an agenda anywhere so I cant confirm that "our" application will be on it. The agreed extension to the period for consideration and decision runs out in 22 days.

If the EFL decide today that all matches be behind closed doors and RBC decide go ahead of proposed changes to CG, games could be played at Meadow Lane and developments at CG start early. I am aware in reality contractors do not have. Such plans in their diaries but in theory?

RBCs planning committee meet on Thursday. I cant find an agenda anywhere so I cant confirm that "our" application will be on it. The agreed extension to the period for consideration and decision runs out in 22 days.

Heres a link to the March planning board meeting agenda. The nffc application is not on there.

https://democracy.rushcliffe.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=140&MId=861&Ver=4

Due to the level of public interest, it wouldn't surprise me if an additional meeting were scheduled just to decide this one application.

Well, Nottingham City Councils planners think that Benoys plans for the "flats" is a load of crap. I thought that they had been involved at the early stages of this project? The original deadline for this development to be passed/ rejected expired on the 28th February. They have come up with this on the 9th March.

Is a nasty side effect of contracting Covid 19 that it blocks an individuals decision making ability? If so I think the whole of Rushcliffe Borough Councils planning committee already have it.

Is a nasty side effect of contracting Covid 19 that it blocks an individuals decision making ability? If so I think the whole of Rushcliffe Borough Councils planning committee already have it.

I know a few people who have had it for years.