Christ on a bike. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Christ on a bike.

FAIL TO PREPARE OR PREPARE TO HAVE A SNAPPED HAMSTRING

That's true of players who lack fitness in general, such as those just coming back from long injury layoffs, but players who simply lack match fitness will just look a bit tired and ineffectual after an hour or so, hence the extra substitutes available. The players haven't been on holiday, they should all have been maintaining their general fitness levels to the standards expected of well-paid professional athletes. If teams can't get their players ready to go in a few weeks then there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes.

That's true of players who lack fitness in general, such as those just coming back from long injury layoffs, but players who simply lack match fitness will just look a bit tired and ineffectual after an hour or so, hence the extra substitutes available. The players haven't been on holiday, they should all have been maintaining their general fitness levels to the standards expected of well-paid professional athletes. If teams can't get their players ready to go in a few weeks then there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes.
not possible on ya back garden or a running machine. sorry but they,ll have to train at full tilt to play at full tilt. its as simple as that and training on the end of a phone just isnt the same .

7 hundred an odd tested both players and staff 6 positive. it could be 6 kit washers or tea makers. get training lads bosh lets have it

Are they sure its not Swine Flu..?
That's wor i thought Pops,:LOL: I see Watford skipper Troy Deeney has stated aint goin into trainin cos he dunt wanna risk the health of his family.Apparently he's got a baby that is havin breathin difficulties. Can you put his mind at ease Pops? UTMPB

That's wor i thought Pops,:LOL: I see Watford skipper Troy Deeney has stated aint goin into trainin cos he dunt wanna risk the health of his family.Apparently he's got a baby that is havin breathin difficulties. Can you put his mind at ease Pops? UTMPB

Yep. I say to Troy, if one of your family is vulnerable and in a high risk group, then don't go. I understand one of the Crystal Palace players isn't keen as his wife is having chemo. Thats fair enough. As much as I want to see football, I don't want people to come to harm. Between him and the club i'd say.

Yep. I say to Troy, if one of your family is vulnerable and in a high risk group, then don't go. I understand one of the Crystal Palace players isn't keen as his wife is having chemo. Thats fair enough. As much as I want to see football, I don't want people to come to harm. Between him and the club i'd say.
It will be interesting to see how clubs treat 'abstainers' in the longer term particularly as there seems little likelihood of normal service being resumed anytime soon.Could make for some interesting contract discussions especially for those nearing the end of their time.

I’m favouring the WW1 solution to the problem - shoot the feckers :guns:
we’ve all got vulnerable relatives at home I’ll bet I’ve already had to come into contact with a hell of a lot more people than he ever will while this lasts

For sure, you've been in this situation Bully, without much choice about what you might do, and fortunately both of you are here to tell the tale I still think if there is a person in the household being shielded, then that is a valid reason. 'Im scared and want to wait till September' isn't a valid reason in my book. Lots of people have had to get on with it to keep the country going.

There has to be a point where the risk of not just catching but dying from Covid is so much lower. Its probably a lot lower than people imagine. Do we play games in the rain, knowing that someone could get struck by lightening..?

I’d actually be quite happy for him to stay at home while his club tries to fend off relegation and any other players for that matter. Chris brought characters into our club and that’s reflected in the comments coming from them during this time I’m sure they will be ready to play when asked

I was listenin to BBC Breakfast and the sports news at abart 6.20 this mornin and it appears that little "trooper" Danny Rose has now claimed Premier League players are bein treated like Lab Rats.Someone should tell this fella he should be very thankful he's a premier league player and probably not in financial trouble and also if the players are bein treated like Lab Rats wor abart all the care worker/essential workers that have worked through this pandemic? Pillock of the highest order in my view,thank fork he aint a BLADE.UTMPB

He's just the 'go-to' naysayer, beloved of the BBC. He's got a skill and a talent that makes him a million a year, and he still feckin moans about everything. Lab rats, ffs. Its the same pathetic attitude that the teachers union have. 'Its not safe', well it is in France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and another 20 places. The problem is that poor kids who really need that education will miss-out, and never catch up.

Now being reported that the two clubs with positive tests are Burnley and Watford. Doesn't say who.

He's just the 'go-to' naysayer, beloved of the BBC. He's got a skill and a talent that makes him a million a year, and he still feckin moans about everything. Lab rats, ffs. Its the same pathetic attitude that the teachers union have. 'Its not safe', well it is in France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and another 20 places. The problem is that poor kids who really need that education will miss-out, and never catch up.

Now being reported that the two clubs with positive tests are Burnley and Watford. Doesn't say who.
Nowt much wrong wi the Beeb in my view,and i'm sure other media outlets will have heard from the whingein git Rose.Jeez you tenbobers have really gor it in for the Beeb just cos they had audacity not to doth their caps at Boris's mob at every opportunity,off wi their heads,dearie me.UTMPB