Charlton | Page 3 | Vital Football

Charlton

With Jack Charlton's recent death, made me wonder how many players share names with football clubs apart from Jack & Bobby.

Not sure on Abraham's playing career, but surely must have been some "Lincoln"s who played the game?

And any others?

I remember there was a Brazilian player simply called 'Lincoln' playing in some of the top European leagues a decade ago.

A quick look and it seems there is another Brazilian 'Lincoln', labelled as a wonderkid, at Flamengo who Real Madrid have the first option on!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...nderkid-Lincoln-sealing-25m-Reinier-deal.html

Start with Andrew Lincoln, who had two spells with the club ten years apart. Scored on both of his debuts.

The 1950s player Geoff Bradford comes to mind who only ever played for Bristol Rovers.

I remember a few years back Southern League side Cambridge City had a player called Ian Cambridge.

Off the top of my head in my lifetime, Conor Coventry and Ian Bolton both played for Lincoln. You could add Dave Barnett and Jason Barnett from 20 years ago, if you can't spell very well. Stuart Fleetwood usually scored against us.

On an international level, Mike England captained and managed Wales.

The 1950s player Geoff Bradford comes to mind who only ever played for Bristol Rovers.

I remember a few years back Southern League side Cambridge City had a player called Ian Cambridge.

They also had Adrian Cambridge at the same time.

A
Off the top of my head in my lifetime, Conor Coventry and Ian Bolton both played for Lincoln. You could add Dave Barnett and Jason Barnett from 20 years ago, if you can't spell very well. Stuart Fleetwood usually scored against us.

On an international level, Mike England captained and managed Wales.
Apart from dropping AFC, FC etc from the name (not City, Town etc) I suspect only a few club names are applicable. Eg. Everton

With Jack Charlton's recent death, made me wonder how many players share names with football clubs apart from Jack & Bobby.

Not sure on Abraham's playing career, but surely must have been some "Lincoln"s who played the game?

And any others?
There’s a Brazilian footballer called Lincoln I believe.

Alan York was a mainstay of City's reserve side in the 1967/68 season but never appeared in the first team.

Reece Oxford, West Ham youngster unimaginatively loaned to Reading and now playing in Germany.

Terry Branston probably doesn't count.

East London ??? . what an insult lol ...... its South East London ie South of the Thames. Used to be a great stadium to visit back in the 60s , superb atmosphere especially on a derby match , Millwall for example . Had a 75.000 capacity .

As for jellied Eels ?????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

'I don't do south of the river mate.'

Out of interest, I've tried to start a new thread (on Lincolnshire League).
Wasn't sure exactly how to but thought I'd done it alright. It has appeared but it looks to be showing no replies.
What should I have done to get it right?