Chairmans Chat... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Chairmans Chat...

You can see that apart from the abuse he gets, Scally enjoys the lifestyle of being a club owner. A Nice jolly with his friends and colleagues in Shrewsbury: a night in the team hotel, steak for dinner in a restaurant, a trip to see the local tourist sites like the gin museum in the morning, before setting off to watch the game in the afternoon. All charged to the club as expenses I would guess. But then it is Scally’s club so he can do as he pleases.

As the board of directors it's their job to guide the ship through the waters this includes providing working capital whether that be through attracting external investment or otherwise.

If not that, what is there job ?
I mean it is a valid point. In terms of the problem with him failing to bring in external investment do we actually know it's because of him? Or is it because we're not an attractive proposition as we have a small fan base who are increasingly apathetic? That's before you even get to the fact that most people know putting money into a football club is a terrible investment.

I think a far better strategy would be for us fans to take (metaphorical) control of the situation. Quick maths of 500 extra fans a game is almost £250k over a season - ie a couple of decent players.

500 fans is nothing and we can all help by either going more and by encouraging others to come and actually making it an enjoyable experience. It's a much better long term strategy than spending someone else's money.

If the Chairman and Manager feel the need to make a video together asking for abuse to stop and for more support then clearly we're not holding up our end of the bargain.

Its "our club" yet we don't take responsibility? We just moan and want others to pump money into it.

I regularly bring extra people with me. So I agree 100%.

Its just hard to make them come back again :-)
👍

I said the above as a 100% guilty party.

My Dad and I were just chatting about how we need to actively start finding Saturdays to go rather than waiting for ones we're both not busy.

Out of interest what do you reckon would bring casual fans back more - atmosphere or quality of football? Clearly it'd be a combo but intrigued to see what people think is most important.

If it's the atmosphere then that should give is hope. If its quality of football then that's more concerning cause do you just end up being compared to the PL?

👍

I said the above as a 100% guilty party.

My Dad and I were just chatting about how we need to actively start finding Saturdays to go rather than waiting for ones we're both not busy.

Out of interest what do you reckon would bring casual fans back more - atmosphere or quality of football? Clearly it'd be a combo but intrigued to see what people think is most important.

If it's the atmosphere then that should give is hope. If its quality of football then that's more concerning cause do you just end up being compared to the PL?

In no particular order

1. A good time I.e it was exciting and enjoyable
2. Ease of doing it (getting tickets, parking etc.)

I dont think there is anything to entice me back to Priestfield? Not been to a home game since March 2015!

Personally I dont agree with the abuse that PS gets on twitter or whatever other SM sites are out there but then again why read such shite or let it bother you.
The people that write some of that stuff are gutless and hav'nt got the balls to say that stuff to your face because if they did they probably realise they may risk being ironed out.
Other than come on here I dont do any of that twitter or facebook shite as they mostly attract intellectually damaged dickheads who are full of negative abuse.
However as for PS saying the fans that go to matches and chant abuse towards him are not real supporters I disagree. They travel all that distance would suggest to me they are true supporters although I dont agree with the insults and think its unnecessary.
As for what would it take for for some of our disappearing support to return?
Me personally, go back to letting people pay on the day and give people the option to pay by cash ie at least give people choice and understand not everyone has printers, smartphones etc. And keep divisive political gestures out of football.

Personally I dont agree with the abuse that PS gets on twitter or whatever other SM sites are out there but then again why read such shite or let it bother you.
The people that write some of that stuff are gutless and hav'nt got the balls to say that stuff to your face because if they did they probably realise they may risk being ironed out.
Other than come on here I dont do any of that twitter or facebook shite as they mostly attract intellectually damaged dickheads who are full of negative abuse.
However as for PS saying the fans that go to matches and chant abuse towards him are not real supporters I disagree. They travel all that distance would suggest to me they are true supporters although I dont agree with the insults and think its unnecessary.
As for what would it take for for some of our disappearing support to return?
Me personally, go back to letting people pay on the day and give people the option to pay by cash ie at least give people choice and understand not everyone has printers, smartphones etc. And keep divisive political gestures out of football.
The most damaging political gestures in football are the racism that continues to destroy players lives.
Players of all races are clearly that feed up with it that they are prepared to say enough is enough.Time for those who want a end to taking a knee to come out and attack those who have caused players to take such action.

Wins. Simple.

Quality football only brings in fans if it’s quality winning football. Good atmosphere usually happens when we’re winning.

Other than that, the only thing that brings in more support is a big name opposition or a “big game” (local game, big cup tie etc).

I’m pleased that PS put together a Chairman’s Chat - but I do wish he’d not used it as a platform to criticise the haters online. It just gives them more attention and makes the video sound like a rant.

Fully agree. Ignore all the online trollers and haters. The attention is what they want. If he wants to try to deal with them, do it privately and out of the public eye.

Should use this platform (which everyone wanted him to do) to talk about football club matters first, and then anything else he thinks might be worthwhile telling us about.

One thing he really needs to impart is a bit of background around the whole ticket and cashless stadium thing. Why we are doing it, what the cost benefits are, how the club can assist those struggling with it. Just show some empathy to those fans that can’t get access easily.

The more fans through the gates the better.

Fully agree. Ignore all the online trollers and haters. The attention is what they want. If he wants to try to deal with them, do it privately and out of the public eye.

Should use this platform (which everyone wanted him to do) to talk about football club matters first, and then anything else he thinks might be worthwhile telling us about.

One thing he really needs to impart is a bit of background around the whole ticket and cashless stadium thing. Why we are doing it, what the cost benefits are, how the club can assist those struggling with it. Just show some empathy to those fans that can’t get access easily.

The more fans through the gates the better.

Spot on. Every time he talks you think oh this is good or interesting but it then swings back to the winging about nasty people saying nasty things.

Concentrate on the positive thats the way you grow a business.

I mean it is a valid point. In terms of the problem with him failing to bring in external investment do we actually know it's because of him? Or is it because we're not an attractive proposition as we have a small fan base who are increasingly apathetic? That's before you even get to the fact that most people know putting money into a football club is a terrible investment.

I think a far better strategy would be for us fans to take (metaphorical) control of the situation. Quick maths of 500 extra fans a game is almost £250k over a season - ie a couple of decent players.

500 fans is nothing and we can all help by either going more and by encouraging others to come and actually making it an enjoyable experience. It's a much better long term strategy than spending someone else's money.

If the Chairman and Manager feel the need to make a video together asking for abuse to stop and for more support then clearly we're not holding up our end of the bargain.

Its "our club" yet we don't take responsibility? We just moan and want others to pump money into it.
The question no one seems to ask is why would any football club be in financial difficulties if it was as easy as they suggest to attract investment ? Surely every club would have a route to instant success. Just say the club is up for sale, sit back, and wait for all the offers to roll in. That’s how it works isn’t it ?

The best way to avoid abuse on social media is to not look at social media.
Problem solved

I suspect that Paul Scally might think that he’s the only person to be abused on social media. Perhaps if he used it himself he’d come to realise that everyone on Twitter gets unwarranted abuse.

I could post a picture of a cat on Twitter and someone would probably call me a cUn7 for exploiting a cat; or call me a racist against dogs.