Chairmans Chat... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chairmans Chat...

Sorry but I seem to miss Evan's saying he might walk, the last I saw was him saying he loved it at Gillingham?

Where did he say this?

Sorry but I seem to miss Evan's saying he might walk, the last I saw was him saying he loved it at Gillingham?

Where did he say this?

My interpretation of what this means

"“If Vadaine is out and we are told to go with no strikers (to Shrewsbury on Saturday) then that is no project for me.

If, and I am hoping it is not the case, if Vadaine was out we are that low on numbers, then why am I here? I care too much. I am too good at my job to be in this situation.

The chairman has six seasons fighting relegation battles, I don’t leave my family three or four nights a week to fight relegation battles. We have to have a chance of winning games in league 1."

An interesting new Chairman’s chat video recorded prior to the Shrewsbury match has been released…

I wonder why he changed his mind on doing the video?

I don't use twitter so have no idea what he's talking about.

I wonder why he changed his mind on doing the video?

I don't use twitter so have no idea what he's talking about.

Not sure he really changed his mind WX I think it was OSK who suggested it might be delayed rather than postponed. That seems to be the case.

I like the fact that he does the videos but he needs to address the football subject as a priority and not focus on the peripheral stuff.

He kind of did this time but I really want to hear about initiatives to increase the crowds rather than focus on the negativity on twitter.

If he wants positivity then he should talk about the positive things we have to look forward to and the positive things he is doing, not focus on the negative

Better than the last video but I want to come away from those videos with hope of better ahead. I didn't get that.

Christ, I was expecting SE to come out with "they are treating me well and I haven't been harmed"

That made me laugh. It did have the aura of someone who been told off for his behaviours and was now publicly backing the management.

Never change Steve your honesty is refreshing. I liked the reference to the "project". We have to have a plan to move forwards otherwise its hard to get excited about the club.

That made me laugh. It did have the aura of someone who been told off for his behaviours and was now publicly backing the management.

Never change Steve your honesty is refreshing. I liked the reference to the "project". We have to have a plan to move forwards otherwise its hard to get excited about the club.

What PS also forgot to mention is that sometimes when people get angry and frustrated (as SE clearly was the other night) they sometimes speak the truth that they wouldn't normally say. Twice in the last week SE has seemingly threatened to walk, not just after a heated game of football.

Personal abuse of PS is not necessary and out of order.

The player recruitment is not just about SE comments after tuesdays game, hes been saying for weeks we're short on numbers and everyone can see it, players playing who aren't fit and should be nowhere near a pitch, which leads to more injuries.

He didn't address why the Whitney night was cancelled either, if tickets were going so well, why cancel it?

Or address Wimbledon gate (might have had some legal advice on that).

One thing has always been the same, PS doesn't like criticism, so not sure what he'll make of the reaction of some of our support at the game yesterday who were quite vocal but obviously they're not true supporters who care about the club.

Well done to the chairman for working hard, though.

Last edited:
Clear that they’ve kissed and made up and SE will be staying around, which is ultimately good! SE has clearly backtracked and Scally has clearly made some promises regarding signings so it would appear a compromise has been reached. It’ll be interesting to see the Social Media reaction after the awful performance yesterday and Scally’s
response to that.

Clear that they’ve kissed and made up and SE will be staying around, which is ultimately good! SE has clearly backtracked and Scally has clearly made some promises regarding signings so it would appear a compromise has been reached. It’ll be interesting to see the Social Media reaction after the awful performance yesterday and Scally’s
response to that.

Yep, because it wasn't staged, they just happened to film the latest PS appreciation society meeting.

The social media reaction to the game yesterday and the Chairmans chat, I'm not sure PS is going to be happy.

Scally needs to stop reading social media as it clearly upsets him and his comments in this video have done nothing to unite certain aspects of our support. Personal abuse is wrong but there will have been fans there yesterday that would've spent a lot of money and time following the club, for them to be seen as not true supporters of the club is ridiculous.

It would help if at least some people went onto some of the forums, whether it’s Gillsinthebloodtv or Kentonline and put at least some positive things there. The overwhelming negativity doesn’t do anyone any good. Getting rid of Steve Evans and Paul Scally would satisfy the keyboard warriors for about 5 seconds. Only a fraction of them go to games any way I would bet. If the club were up for sale, believe me, that’s not seen as a positive thing in football and all the pundits would be putting us in the same category as Bury. The next club to go.

Let's make a start here Waldo. Let's list 10 positive things

1. We survived as a club and started the season
2. We have the best manager that we have had for a long time

I'm seriously struggling to find others. Things requiring improvement spring more readily to mind.

I agree with you though let's discuss the positives more. Let's see if this forum can list 10.

It would help if at least some people went onto some of the forums, whether it’s Gillsinthebloodtv or Kentonline and put at least some positive things there. The overwhelming negativity doesn’t do anyone any good. Getting rid of Steve Evans and Paul Scally would satisfy the keyboard warriors for about 5 seconds. Only a fraction of them go to games any way I would bet. If the club were up for sale, believe me, that’s not seen as a positive thing in football and all the pundits would be putting us in the same category as Bury. The next club to go.

Gillsintheblood tweeted that Evans and Raynor were more than happy to go on his channel but the club pulled the interview at the last minute.

response to that.

I certainly agree that it's positive that Evans is sticking around for the battle ahead this season

Sadly I cant see him renewing his contract though. "There is no project" is sadly the truth. I think the project was to turn gillingham into a league one promotion challenger. We look like we are no where near that and moving the wrong way. Why would he sign up to more of the same . To use his words he's better than that.

Next season will be another total rebuild I fear.