Chairmans Chat... | Page 17 | Vital Football

Chairmans Chat...

Fleetwood were one of the top payers in this division for the last couple of seasons in a bid to get promoted.
I’m not surprised they are skint.
While individually they were as good as Cambridge as a team Cambridge were far better.

I hope Akinde starts against Cambridge and has a good game. The altercations with Gills fans at the end of the Oxford game cant have been for morale inside the camp.

And I hope BFSE call those fans out in the presser.

Normally the manager would defend his player .Not give fans the impression that he is pulling a sicky.
In the circumstances it was bound to create a problem. If Evans had decided he would likely to use him then keeping the comments about the injury in house would have made more sense. There would have still been a bit of stick from some no doubt but not nearly as vocal.

Normally the manager would defend his player .Not give fans the impression that he is pulling a sicky.
In the circumstances it was bound to create a problem. If Evans had decided he would likely to use him then keeping the comments about the injury in house would have made more sense. There would have still been a bit of stick from some no doubt but not nearly as vocal.

I did wonder whether Evans might have engineered it.

Whatever the ifs and buts about the matter, there is no justification for an altercation with one of your own team. I’d guess it’s the same rabble as the Scally Out crowd. Perhaps Herr can confirm? Gate13 are all grown up now and it’s pretty ugly.

Maybe not the best judgement call by the Southend boss, no winners there - literally !

At present the Shrimpers` predicament has a dour complexion - they are in a relegation place in the NL, and already too many points adrift of the top group for any realistic hope of a turnaround-driven promotion.

Credit to PS - in the current climate, it could easily happen to a similar sized club.....

Maybe not the best judgement call by the Southend boss, no winners there - literally !

At present the Shrimpers` predicament has a dour complexion - they are in a relegation place in the NL, and already too many points adrift of the top group for any realistic hope of a turnaround-driven promotion.

Credit to PS - in the current climate, it could easily happen to a similar sized club.....

Blimey, what on earth was he thinking?

This makes for grim reading for a club I've kept an eye on (not too far away, similar size, same challenges being so close to London)

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/1...nd-united-proud-club-now-toxic-embarrassment/

This makes for grim reading for a club I've kept an eye on (not too far away, similar size, same challenges being so close to London)

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/1...nd-united-proud-club-now-toxic-embarrassment/

I wouldn’t wish Southend's predicament on any club. That is a shocking fall. 59 league places in 2 years!! Incredible.

And it sounds like it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. I hope they can survive it all. Been one of our main rivals all through my Gills supporting years. And fairly local compared to most others.

Still got a soft spot for York City, after getting to know the owners really well when they were in League 2. Decent people, but no money for big investment. They're still trying to get back to the NL after it all went wrong. tbh, we should be grateful for what we still have.

Scary how quickly your (football) world can fall apart. As you say they were a very similar club to us in more ways than one. There must be something very wrong off the field that is driving the meltdown.

People rightly raise the risks with changing ownership. Sticking with one who can't drive progress doesn't make you immune from those risks either. Ron must have been at Southend for decades.

I hope Southend find a way back but as Notts County, Wrexham, York etc. have all discovered its not easy.

That's my big fear with being relegated to league 2. You are only one bad season away from dropping out the leagues and its not easy to come back

Still got a soft spot for York City, after getting to know the owners really well when they were in League 2. Decent people, but no money for big investment. They're still trying to get back to the NL after it all went wrong. tbh, we should be grateful for what we still have.

Noticed that Clayton Donaldson is currently playing for York, he scored a goal at the weekend - think it was in the FA Cup.

The timing of there destruction is not helped by West Ham's new ground and the availability of tickets there.Thus far they have only lost about two thousand off gates in recent years.Thus gates still above ours are high by national league standards. But clearly patients is fast running out of many of the most loyal supporters.

Scary how quickly your (football) world can fall apart. As you say they were a very similar club to us in more ways than one. There must be something very wrong off the field that is driving the meltdown.

People rightly raise the risks with changing ownership. Sticking with one who can't drive progress doesn't make you immune from those risks either. Ron must have been at Southend for decades.

I hope Southend find a way back but as Notts County, Wrexham, York etc. have all discovered its not easy.

That's my big fear with being relegated to league 2. You are only one bad season away from dropping out the leagues and its not easy to come back

Got to feel for them really, always seen them as a club like Gills where alot of the locals would rather go & watch West spam.

The timing of there destruction is not helped by West Ham's new ground and the availability of tickets there.Thus far they have only lost about two thousand off gates in recent years.Thus gates still above ours are high by national league standards. But clearly patients is fast running out of many of the most loyal supporters.

To be fair chris their gates were holding strong at about 5,500 this season. They may fall away if results don't improve but the size and loyalty of their support is the least of their problems

Not sure the West ham move has such an influence on them as it did on us. Kent to Stratford International is so quick on HS1 whereas I suspect their route has probably not changed much.

Places like Ashford can probably get to West Ham quicker than Gills by train.

I hope southend sort it out. It was a good local derby to have even if the seats at Roots Hall were knee breakers.