Chairmans Chat... | Page 15 | Vital Football

Chairmans Chat...

I'm sure Scally doesn't take taking legal action lightly and has judged the damage to the club's reputation to be sufficent to make the threats.

As what Eager said, it doesn't necessarily have to be expensive and purely on the basis of a lack of media followup post Patang57 then the threat might be sufficent. From my limited expertise of defamation cases, most defamation cases tend to end with a strongly worded demand letter and a "polite" request to retract the statements.

"he'd never get all his costs back off the type of person he is referring to"

Hmm, are you implying that the uneducated morons throwing around the mindless accusations must be the poor working class? ;) Joking aside, once the club has confirmed the identities of people, I am sure the club could do credit reports on everyone and initially target those who do have the assets depending on the judgement knowing that the poorer people would quickly fall into line.

As with the Patang57 situation, I recall Scally invited him in for a chat so he could show him how the club really works. Quite possibly Scally would look to go down that sort of mediation route again and depending on who made what accusation, get everyone to sit down in the boardroom with the accountant to explain how financial accounts work and why nothing dodgy is going on etc. And then Scally sues the balls off anyone who then doesn't learn anything from it.
I was not saying he should or shouldn't sue. Just that getting embroilled with these morons could be more trouble than it's worth. If on balance it is seriously injuring the club as a whole then yes, go ahead. I am well aware that pre-action correspondence could solve the matter. Just hope it doesn't get drawn out. We should not underestimate the stupidity of some people.

Ideally he should have ignored these muppets some time ago but we are where we are.

Agree that he will be damned for "suppressing free speech" (although I doubt they would know of the word "suppress").

This was years ago but from how he announced himself and from what he said we were all in agreement it was him. I have no idea of how to see if we can find the post if we don’t even know what previous board this was on.

So you and others believe it was him, it might have been him, you don`t know it was him.

Sorry that i`m being pedantic, Trev - i`m just trying to emphasize how much of an actual smoke screen and mirror set the internet can be when it comes to verification.

Even tracing an IP address doesn`t prove identification of an individual`s input/posting. Sorry, i am being pedantic, as I said, just trying to make a point (and speaking as someone who has had to investigate this type of thing) that the internet is a minefield and also a difficult environment to be sure that what you see, what you read is actually what you think it is...........

I think that you’ll agree that tracing the individual is extremely easy Lancs.
proving in law that this person actually posted is a whole different can of worms which is probably why a desist notice will suffice.

So you and others believe it was him, it might have been him, you don`t know it was him.

Sorry that i`m being pedantic, Trev - i`m just trying to emphasize how much of an actual smoke screen and mirror set the internet can be when it comes to verification.

Even tracing an IP address doesn`t prove identification of an individual`s input/posting. Sorry, i am being pedantic, as I said, just trying to make a point (and speaking as someone who has had to investigate this type of thing) that the internet is a minefield and also a difficult environment to be sure that what you see, what you read is actually what you think it is...........
I’m not going to argue as I can’t bring up the post. It was a long time ago, so I can’t bring up all the points why we agreed it was Scally. You and I have been on here long enough to take everything with a pinch of salt, pedantry and suspicion. But from my vague memory this was different, I just can’t remember how. It was something like a rambling unchecked post addressing current issues at the time, of which I think legal issues with supporters or others posting on forums was one.

Don’t take that as gospel or something to dispute, as I honestly can’t remember or prove anything.

In support of Trev I vaguely remember the thread and I would support the view that it was probably scally. Just a hunch in the style of language used.

You can now email questions for the chairmen chat.

Fair play scally if you answer the tough ones and not just the easy ones

PS. I have a list.

You can now email questions for the chairmen chat.

Fair play scally if you answer the tough ones and not just the easy ones

PS. I have a list.

I saw that there was one idiot on Twitter posting idiotic questions and implying tax irregularities. Already the exercise is helping distinguish the pricks.

I think this is a good move from Scally. It won’t take long to answer all the questions. No doubt the same questions will get asked time and time again by the same person even though the question would have been addressed.

I saw that there was one idiot on Twitter posting idiotic questions and implying tax irregularities. Already the exercise is helping distinguish the pricks.

I think this is a good move from Scally. It won’t take long to answer all the questions. No doubt the same questions will get asked time and time again by the same person even though the question would have been addressed.

I see there’s quite a few folk on Twitter digging big holes for themselves if PS does indeed go down the legal route. Lot more claims of “pocketing money”, “year on year payrises” etc.

And the ever special “Fred” is assisting by re-posting all those questions up on his Facebook forum. Good move that 👍

I reckon there’s a lot of screenshots being taken right now.

Indeed. I'd like to think my questions will be fair and legal :-)

Im interested if he will answer, ignore or do the politicians swerve.

To be fair I've asked many before at one of his meetings. He nodded, wrote them down and then did FA about it :-)

Yeah but that ship is almost ready to set sail.

I see that the club have confirmed that a club shop will be open in the corner between the GRS and Rainham End on matchdays. This is a step in the right direction and makes complete sense - maybe the club are listening and hopefully some of the other bones of contention like the ticketing issues and cash-free stadium will be next?

Now as you all know I don't like to moan about the club ;-)

This made me smile though. As a loyal season ticket holder who gifted his season ticket money I, like everyone got a free shirt.

Ordered on line very simple

Got an email it's ready to collect from gate L. Perfect I thought going to the game on Tuesday I'll get it then.

Collection point closes at 4 !!!!!

Can no one connect the dots and say let's open it between 6:30 and 7:30 on Tuesday as might be a few fans in the general area and it will be convenient for them to collect.

Now as you all know I don't like to moan about the club ;-)

This made me smile though. As a loyal season ticket holder who gifted his season ticket money I, like everyone got a free shirt.

Ordered on line very simple

Got an email it's ready to collect from gate L. Perfect I thought going to the game on Tuesday I'll get it then.

Collection point closes at 4 !!!!!

Can no one connect the dots and say let's open it between 6:30 and 7:30 on Tuesday as might be a few fans in the general area and it will be convenient for them to collect.

I’m joining different dots. Might be complete off the mark, but based on what PS and other posters have said, I suspect that staff shortages mean that those staff are probably redeployed to other tasks critical for match day operations.

I see that the club have confirmed that a club shop will be open in the corner between the GRS and Rainham End on matchdays. This is a step in the right direction and makes complete sense - maybe the club are listening and hopefully some of the other bones of contention like the ticketing issues and cash-free stadium will be next?

Was that not always the plan? I'm sure when they announced they were closing the main shop that they said they'd be opening smaller sales points around the ground?