Chairmans Chat... | Page 18 | Vital Football

Chairmans Chat...

Agree with Chris. Everything he said was mocked and pulled apart by his detractors. Not just the negative bits.

Unfortunately he spent a good part of each chat firing away at those fans attacking him, and came across poorly because of that. So I’d imagine he has had some advice to either only say good things, or say nothing at all.

Pity. I liked the chats.

I like the chats too.

I think they only need to be monthly unless something exceptional happens.

Keep the updates brief and don’t dwell on any single topic.

Directly answer some of the stupid accusations on social media and maybe even use it to shame some of those who publicly drag the club’s name through the mud.

Where he can’t discuss, simply say: “I know many of you will be interested, but I’m not able to talk about XYZ at the moment”.

Agree with Chris. Everything he said was mocked and pulled apart by his detractors. Not just the negative bits.

Unfortunately he spent a good part of each chat firing away at those fans attacking him, and came across poorly because of that. So I’d imagine he has had some advice to either only say good things, or say nothing at all.

Pity. I liked the chats.

Fair comments OSK but he could at least have addressed the questions people took the time to send in. The media guy openly invited questions in the last chat.

He may still do another of course. They might just be sporadic.

Time will tell.

Fair comments OSK but he could at least have addressed the questions people took the time to send in. The media guy openly invited questions in the last chat.

He may still do another of course. They might just be sporadic.

Time will tell.

True. I forgot about the questions being invited. I sent one in myself. Maybe he will get around to answering some.

I wonder, is it possible the apparent demise of the infamous Facebook forum is connected with the silence? Maybe there were some libellous questions asked and posted on there? Just a thought.

True. I forgot about the questions being invited. I sent one in myself. Maybe he will get around to answering some.

I wonder, is it possible the apparent demise of the infamous Facebook forum is connected with the silence? Maybe there were some libellous questions asked and posted on there? Just a thought.
The Gills Fans Facebook Forum is still there Keefy.

"Maybe he will get around to answering some" thats definitely the way to treat your customers and show you value them.

Hey ho nothing changes and it'll be strange if it did 😉

Yep definitely there I read and post occasionally

Can you provide a link. It’s completely gone for me about a week ago 🤷‍♂️

Search of “Gillingham Discussion” on Facebook gives nothing.

I can see the GiTB one, and the “Gills Faithful” and “expats” forums. But not the other one. Weird.

If you have been banned, you are not alone, I am a member of that particular elite group 😉

Yeah, I think quite a few in here have been Nobby. Unless you hate PS with a passion, you won’t get far on there (other than constant arguments and being told you are a “Scally lover”).

But I doubt I’ve been banned. I don’t post 🤷‍♂️

And still can’t fathom why the forum doesn’t even appear anywhere in a Facebook search. Anyone else having this problem? It’s just not there for me for the past week. And it’s probably been quite fun on the back of 2 defeats and a draw 😁

It's called gills discussion forum but it's private so i guess you won't see it if not a member.

I can invite you. Send me a message with your Facebook name

Yeah it's still there OSK. I've never commented and rarely take a look.

Last time I did there was a debate along the lines of:
"fuck off"
"shut up you melt"
"*insert weird insult about profile picture*"
"you can talk you mug"
"what's your fucking problem"
"you started it"
"just having an opinion, don't cry about it"
"fuck off bellend"

Now I'm definitely paraphrasing, but you get the jist of it. The real exchange was 10x longer with equally little content.

It's called gills discussion forum but it's private so i guess you won't see it if not a member.

I can invite you. Send me a message with your Facebook name

Cheers mark.

I’ll carry on enjoying Gills life without it for the moment. But if I get the itch to sit back with popcorn again I’ll message you 👍

Edit - I could search it before I joined? So no reason why it can’t be seen now. Are you able to post a link?

Last edited:
Also under the list of forum name changes:

1633518426470.png

What happened around May 2018 that the name was changed to imply that Stuart Nelson and Josh Wright were additionally worthy of being added as a search term?