CEO Keith Wyness Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

CEO Keith Wyness Thread

So 3 companies effectively and 3 separate bank accounts
1 Dr Xia
2 Holding Company
3 avfc

Would love to see how the money has moved between 1,2,3 since Xia appeared

Legally he probably has a case but morally it makes him a ****** as his mis-management has contributed greatly towards this mess. Then knowing the financial situation at the club he does this. Hopefully Xia has a case against him and can drag it out and cripple Wyness financially. ****.

Don't think morals come into it, it's a job and 'just' as business to him. If he has been wronged, he's right to do this. Up to the tribunal to decide.

I would suspect it is as much about clearing his name as anything.

Were we well run? No. I've moaned a lot about the outsourcing (lazy. You outsource things you can't do, not everything) and the big talk as well. Was it all from Xia? All from Keith? A mix? As said. Up to the tribunal now.

I know The Telegraph are the ones who made the £6 mill compensation claim, but for constructive dismissal, as far as I am aware there is a total (two parts together) upper limit of around £100k that can be awarded.

Assuming that this statutory limit is still in place, it really isn't that big a deal at all for the club to deal with.

Save me trying to explain it; this site does it better:

http://www.landaulaw.co.uk/faqs/wha...ou-receive-in-a-constructive-dismissal-claim/

Last edited:
Apparently spursex

The limit is about 15k for the award against, 15k loss of earnings and 90k compensation. But, there is no limit if you are just fulfilling statutory obligations ie legal obligation as I director. Which is what they will argue.

A couple of years ago I was involved in a case where an employee claimed constructive dismissal on the grounds of whistle blowing. The resultant settlement was much higher than expected. Seems to me that Wynnes will claim that he was forced out because he blew the whistle on the financial dealings at the club and the parlous state of the finances. I think this may lead to a higher than stated award. I am NOT an HR qualified person or legal eagle, but whistle blowing seems to be the way to the loot!

As a whistleblower he can also claim injuries to feelings... and maybe reputation will come into that too. That will add a few £'s to any award IF he is successful. If you reread the Mirror article of a week or so ago I think you will find that it contained phrases like forcing him out as he warned against the financial situation. Seems to me that this is his route and the good Dr has just paved his path in gold. I hope the dr's HR wizz kid is good at her job. Oh and just for good measure the whole finances can be laid bare in court for everyone to pick over! I think an expensive out of court settlement is in the offing.

No money for an out of court settlement though gordonsleftboot (good to see you around mate)

And yes. Moxley in mirror. Echoed the exact information I had hence I warned of the mess coming.

Apparently spursex

The limit is about 15k for the award against, 15k loss of earnings and 90k compensation. But, there is no limit if you are just fulfilling statutory obligations ie legal obligation as I director. Which is what they will argue.

Ok, makes far more sense now, hadn't considered that angle, so it will come down to whether he believed that the situation was so grave that he needed to protect creditors....and you only do that as a director of an operating business if you think the owners/group funders can't meet the calls for cash..if that argument holds water, this will get settled pretty sharply I suspect.

Do we know what actually happened that lead to his suspension? Maybe I’ve missed it, but at the moment it’s all rumours(correct me if I am wrong)

The only word seems to be that they had a bust up last Tuesday, which ended in him being suspended.

Some word around that they hadn't been seeing eye to eye for some time. Wyness said something 2 or 3 months ago that Xia was becoming less of a fan and more of a chairman. My guess is that Xia was moving away from taking a back seat and letting Wyness run it all.

The beginning of a new week has passed, the sun is shining and the 2018/19 season gets that little bit closer for Aston Villa fans.

Well, ordinarily it would. It should. It’s how the off season is supposed to work, but the off season hasn’t factored in the cacophony of crap the club have unfortunately dealt the fans over the last few weeks owing to our ‘**** or bust’ attitude to promotion.

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...ghting-does-villas-mess-get-worse-by-the-day/

Steve round and luke organ are two positives for me in this car crash. Mr Xia said we had to review not just the the last 2 years but the last 10 as to how we run the show. We still do not know what has happened and who lays at the door of most of the blame. Is xia a fake, is Wyness useless, I don't know but without doubt this has to be the turning point of avfc, as of now we run things properly and develop a youth system that produces assets and no more investing in liabilities. I feel remarkabley upbeat as if a load has been lifted albeit at a hefty price.

10 yrs is Xia shifting blame. We've seen nothing from Round and Organ of note yet and we don't know their futures based on some reports, so can't make them the knights in shining armour yet even if we all want something positive to cling to.