CEO Keith Wyness Thread | Vital Football

CEO Keith Wyness Thread

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
As reported a few days ago, it seems former Everton Chief Executive Officer Keith Wyness is to be announced as Villa's CEO.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7520845">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Good, heard some very positive things about him this afternoon after speaking with a mutual contact.

This could be extremely positive and a clear sign that the new owner does want football people in right from the get go.

Excellent news.

Absolutely. Dr X might be the worlds greatest business man, but he knows nothing about running a football club. So getting in people who do, would imply he's not some egomaniac looking for a toy.

All this wonderful news is giving me a light head. I had forgotten this feeling with Villa

Well, as always, the guy inbetween the money and the actual club is of paramount importance and god only knows Lerner couldn't have made a bigger pig's ear of that aspect - fingers crossed Keith Wyness is more up to snuff than the previous clowns ...

The immediate wobble for me is the Moyes connection of course ......

Never heard of him, but if he apparently did a good job at Everton, or even an alright job at Everton, it's better than the jokers Lerners brought in who knew nothing about Football.

sirdennis - 18/5/2016 22:29

I wonder if Sir Brian will have a role in the new set up ?

For PR alone, it would make sense.
From what I hear though, Sir Brian wouldn't want to just make up the numbers.

The rumour about Keith Wyness is encouraging has experience at Everton as a CEO I believe and that is a million miles away from Faulkner and Fox neither of whom had the requisite experience.

I am hoping that the Everton Link might lead to Moyes as well...but maybe not

Just need to get the recruitment area (Eg Reilly) sorted and started again

I bet there won't even be an announcement about Reilly's departure. He'll just skulk off, never to be seen or heard of again. No talk of Comolli coming in yet?

Don't really want any preening, self obsessed tossers at VP anymore. Had enough of them recently and Comolli seems to fit into that category from where I stand. Just want good people, quietly going about their business, doing what is right for the good of Aston Villa Football Club.

I agree with that "Merd" When we were successful under Saunders, who even knew the names of the background staff and directors and who cared? It's the same with referees. Years ago the ref was a bloke in black kit you gave dog's abuse to during the match, now they're the star of the show and we know them all by name.

Getting somebody like Wyness in as CEO is critical. The reality is that we have swapped Randy for another absent chairman/owner, and I can't see him spending much time over here. It can work, but we need somebody on the ground who can make things happen.

The guy himself has said he is going to buy a house in the arrea and bring his young family over. Sounds good to me, wish him all the luck and hope this works out for the Villa.

McParlandTheGreat - 19/5/2016 12:49

The reality is that we have swapped Randy for another absent chairman/owner, and I can't see him spending much time over here.

Well maybe not so absent, according to this interview...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/19/tony-xia-revamp-aston-villa-top-three-world-owner

Let's hope he learns from Randy's mistakes....

The fit and proper tests have now confirmed the board members of Aston Villa...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7521085">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>