CEO Keith Wyness Thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

CEO Keith Wyness Thread

All the outsourcing he did concerned me.

Yes, me also, mentioned it before, it looked lazy. You would usually only outsource things that you, as a company, really aren't able to do. We had a lot of things set up fine that were then ripped up and outsourced.

Acting as a CEO, Wyness was there from the beginning, spouting how Xia had money outside of China, plans were in place for every eventuality etc.

He can't have been in the dark about Xia's background, he must have known where the investment was coming from. So I just don't care what he has to say really. He is suing his former employer for multiple times his annual salary (which he won't come close to receiving) and is therfore another snake in the grass.

Glad he's gone - no matter how broken the club was and how many things he sorted out on the periphery, he failed to restructure the club in a way that was sustainable.

He did, I was sceptical a few times in conversation. I guess he will see why now. He was assured there was enough money outside of China. I guess, as an employee, he had to take the owners word for that. He had also assured the EFL I think (not 100% on that)

They all seemed taken in by Xia and his smart city this, and Aston regeneration that.

the suing bit, it looked strange 20 years salary, I do wonder what sort of legal advice said do that. Up to retirement age maybe so 7 years (or 5 if he is in the bracket that can still retire at 65)

Read somewhere, think it was reported on here, that he wasn't suing for constructive dismissal. It was something else, can't remember the term, but it was due to being told to do something which was illegal re his financial responsibilities.

Mr K Wyness v Aston Villa Football Club Ltd: 1303946/2018
Employment Tribunal decision.
Published 2 April 2019
From:HM Courts & Tribunals Service and Employment Tribunal

Decision date:25 March 2019Country:England and WalesJurisdiction code:Public Interest Disclosure
Read the full decision in Mr K Wyness v Aston Villa Football Club Ltd: 1303946/2018 - Judgment with Reasons.

Link to see the Judgment https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribu...-v-aston-villa-football-club-ltd-1303946-2018

Wyness's Unfair Dismissal Claim itself will be heard separately but he failed this part big time.

Mr K Wyness v Aston Villa Football Club Ltd: 1303946/2018
Employment Tribunal decision.
Published 2 April 2019
From:HM Courts & Tribunals Service and Employment Tribunal

Decision date:25 March 2019Country:England and WalesJurisdiction code:Public Interest Disclosure
Read the full decision in Mr K Wyness v Aston Villa Football Club Ltd: 1303946/2018 - Judgment with Reasons.

Link to see the Judgment https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribu...-v-aston-villa-football-club-ltd-1303946-2018

Wyness's Unfair Dismissal Claim itself will be heard separately but he failed this part big time.

Had a bit of time on my hands so started reading this. I think this will get thrown out as it makes reference to the fact that Wyness had not been employed for two years. And that's the criteria for unfair dismissal - you have to have been with that employer for 2 or more years.

I got bored reading it!

One thing Keith did push and make sure was set up right was the Villa Foundation, so for that alone, he gets some thanks !

Not sure what he did that was so wrong to get all the hate from Villa fans. His dispute was with Xia wasn't it, and who rates him as stand up guy?

Not sure what he did that was so wrong to get all the hate from Villa fans. His dispute was with Xia wasn't it, and who rates him as stand up guy?

He just took an easy ride and outsourced everything. Didn't really justify his bloated salary.

I heard that Wyness & Zia had a dispute over allegedly winding up Aston Villa, & Zia was against this as he would look for further investment.
The way Wyness was apparently in a hurry to put us into admin was at the least suspicious, as allegedly he had parties lined up who maybe able to get a bargain once in admin. So yes I think both parties are to blame in some part but who is paying the bill he is suing us. Aston Villa I feel sorry for Wes Edens & Nassef Sawiris who were not at the club until Zia Sold them their controlling interest. Just hope the Tribunal realize that there were
a lot of things going on between the two which resulted in events, and give the correct settlement of earnings lost

Yes, agreed Xchurch, but so many rallied around the snake oil salesman because he talked crap with them on twitter. Says it all about the modern world really.