Brexit Day! | Page 25 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article does refer to the Australian points method. It's probably fair to point out that while our Govt thinks it's great there's lots of folks over here that take the opposite view and think that the system as we have it is too extreme.
I share that view.
Stop talking heresy ORF.

The "Australian Style Points System©" is a Holy Grail.

Uncle Farage said so

Imo its yet another smoke and mirrors- every industry will be lobbying for an exemption- the rhetoric will be tough but the reality will be tougher.

Par for the new politics- promise people what you tell them they want and then tell them you are giving them what they asked for, even if it isnt. It is now quite acceptable to lie through your teeth on just about everything.

Its a recipe for price rises and chaos imo

All part of the Tory plan then. I can't remember, did they tell us this during the election? https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...8WpoDm2o2vAq5gSCISvnJZJ_1U#Echobox=1582041242
They have been building this up over the last 10 days or so.
Gove saying that there will be ‘significant’ changes to trade with the EU, with ‘inevitable’ border checks.
Boris insisting that we want a Canada style agreement which is totally unsuited to the U.K. needs.
This is a back door No Deal.

Despite businesses up and down the country pleading for a continuation of frictionless trade with the EU, we are getting the opposite.
Exporters to the EU will need to produce Customs Forms to ship to the EU from next year, that’s 4 duplicate documents for each shipment that will need to be checked both sides of the borders. Currently we gave none.
It’s a logistical nightmare for those industries that rely on JIT.
Can you imagine what that does to the car and aviation industries?
How does the border checks in Northern Ireland work? Is the border coming back? What about the GFA?
A return to the border in NI also kills a trade deal with the US, as the Democrats will never pass it through the house. It’s been stated many times, even Trump can’t overcome that.
It has also been announced in the last week that the U.K. is also having it’s own, yet to be decided ‘standards’ which appears to be 100% driven by the desire to be different to the EU standards.

We will still have to abide by EU rules to trade in that block, so as I feared we are now looking at having two sets of standards to trade in a market which currently has one.
What for? Does it improve the product? Doubtful, it certainly adds to the administration and cost.

Who absorbs these costs? Business can’t, prices can’t go up to cover because the products would not be competitive.
My fear with EU worker rights not guaranteed, is that we will see a drop in employment rights and a stagnation of wages.

Seems as though a political ‘pure’ divorce from the EU is more important than the damage done to the country.

And none of this covers the service and financial sectors which will be equally damaged.

It’s all a very worrying direction this government is taking....that’s what an 80+ majority does for you.

I see that Andrew Sabisky "resigning" has done fuck all

He's still in internal emails under his personal email address

Seriously the signs are there

History and I mean recent history tells us what is coming with this Govt

The right wing extremists are in charge

Eugenics now being talked about in the media as acceptable?

The windrush shit

Demonisation of all except white Brits?

I see that Andrew Sabisky "resigning" has done fuck all

He's still in internal emails under his personal email address

Seriously the signs are there

History and I mean recent history tells us what is coming with this Govt

The right wing extremists are in charge

Eugenics now being talked about in the media as acceptable?

The windrush shit

Demonisation of all except white Brits?
It's not about that.

It's about making us into Singapore.

Low regulation, low taxes, very low government spending.

Absolutely grating, hellish poverty

So that an upper middle class can live like kings, a wealthy American-like lifestyle.

And just as importantly, they can hard bake privilege into the system as a safety net for their own children and grandchildren.

Thing is, look at Singapore closely. They put amazing sums into their education system and plan it out for 20 years in the future. Their schools have whole streets of practice shops and even workshops for students to practice working in. If they figure that digital tech will be what they are short of in 20 years, they reconfigure schools to focus on that.

We are talking about a level of money and planning that no British Conservative government would ever countenance. Especially one that would much prefer to privatise education and sell it off to For Profit groups. Mark my words, before the masses realise what they are voting for, they will start being given education "vouchers" and their "good" local comp will be charging top up fees to keep their children out.

It's not about Eugenics. It's about neoliberalism. It's about a return to Victorian Laissez-Faire. The good old days when you could blame poverty on the behaviour and drinking habits of the poor. When you could assume that they were genetically inferior (there is your eugenics) and if people didn't believe you on that, cite God

And housewives (usually) who prefer not to work because their spouse's income is apply sufficient for them both / the family.
I suppose they might put their wellies on and pick brassicas in lincs but I won't hold my breath.

And housewives (usually) who prefer not to work because their spouse's income is apply sufficient for them both / the family.
I suppose they might put their wellies on and pick brassicas in lincs but I won't hold my breath.
Which is where the economic model clashes with "traditional" conservative family values.

And where is basic human happiness in all of this?

Why are we as a race so intent on creating and voting for policies that are deliberate designed to make us miserable?

Which is where the economic model clashes with "traditional" conservative family values.

And where is basic human happiness in all of this?

Why are we as a race so intent on creating and voting for policies that are deliberate designed to make us miserable?
Blind idiocy can’t be ruled out.

Lowest common denominator politics seems to be all the rage and worryingly it is actually becoming more successful.

It's not about that.

It's about making us into Singapore.

Low regulation, low taxes, very low government spending.

Absolutely grating, hellish poverty

So that an upper middle class can live like kings, a wealthy American-like lifestyle.

And just as importantly, they can hard bake privilege into the system as a safety net for their own children and grandchildren.

Thing is, look at Singapore closely. They put amazing sums into their education system and plan it out for 20 years in the future. Their schools have whole streets of practice shops and even workshops for students to practice working in. If they figure that digital tech will be what they are short of in 20 years, they reconfigure schools to focus on that.

We are talking about a level of money and planning that no British Conservative government would ever countenance. Especially one that would much prefer to privatise education and sell it off to For Profit groups. Mark my words, before the masses realise what they are voting for, they will start being given education "vouchers" and their "good" local comp will be charging top up fees to keep their children out.

It's not about Eugenics. It's about neoliberalism. It's about a return to Victorian Laissez-Faire. The good old days when you could blame poverty on the behaviour and drinking habits of the poor. When you could assume that they were genetically inferior (there is your eugenics) and if people didn't believe you on that, cite God

Pope I'm not disagreeing with you

However as someone who takes pride in knowing history as yourself

Can you not see the parallels to what is happening right now in the world, especially Europe, as prerequisites to what lead us into the the 1st world war and the 2nd?

We are seeing the rise of nationalism and far right nationalism

We are seeing the normalising of extreme right wing thought, especially in the media, and those same outlets are using the same methods to create havoc

Simple slogans
Distrust of the other
Dismissing facts and experts
Insular thinking
Etc
Etc

IMHO we are already past the tipping point

Last edited:
Zahawi having an interest in the company that supplied the counting machines - Crooked.

T5 I think you are getting him mixed up with Peter Lilley?

There has been some real dodgy shit going on

All you need to do is look into the postal voting and laura kuenssberg and Raab announcing that they had seen some numbers for postal votes before they were actually allowed to say or see them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.