Brexit Day! | Page 24 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would expect those to have served in the military to know something about the military. Likewise those working in the NHS to know something about NHS. Education, education and business, business but it is always the Murdoch press. Which has a dwindling readership/viewing. Still blame them. See Newscorp is up for sale.
True that you do see the NHS factors and nurses sounding the warnings of the imposed deterioration of the System in spite of the Tory press cover up. The military is a bit different as they will be needed to keep the population under control when it all kicks off. Veterans can be ignored as they are no longer useful.

Whether you believe Johnson or not he did state he was going to spend much of the Brexit windfall on the NHS. The NHS has suffered from underfunding for many decades made worse by austerity and the profligate spending of the EU and unaudited accounts. The press has reported on all these matters.

Now get this he's a Leave voting fanatic ( and also a full on Tory Boy ) like most of the military

Define most of the military?
I would argue it certainly isn’t all Tory, leave voting fanatics.
Again it’s not so much the strength of Toryism but the perceived weakness of a alleged terrorist sympathising, trident removing opposition leader.

don’t blame the Tories or leave voters, blame the rest of us for not winning the argument.

More than a grain of truth here imo. I think this is something mr starmer will start to rectify quite quickly.

Whether you believe Johnson or not he did state he was going to spend much of the Brexit windfall on the NHS. The NHS has suffered from underfunding for many decades made worse by austerity and the profligate spending of the EU and unaudited accounts. The press has reported on all these matters.

Is that going to be on top of the £350m a week

Are you really this gullible?

Clearly not a nothing story though as it (and the similar ones) seem to have created enough pressure to force the resignation?
Read the article that I said was the nothing story first and actually read my post.

Sabiesky is absolutely NOT a nothing story.

A downing Street press guy refusing to comment on whether Boris Johnson agrees with random selected bits of Sobiesky's ramblings is a non story

Read the article that I said was the nothing story first and actually read my post.

Sabiesky is absolutely NOT a nothing story.

A downing Street press guy refusing to comment on whether Boris Johnson agrees with random selected bits of Sobiesky's ramblings is a non story
The political pressure placed on Bojo's team is the story, it's the public highlighting of the issue by the press media which has shone a light on it and forced the issue. I know you like to negate the power of the press and it's ability to manipulate politicians, but...

Oh dear, this has dog's breakfast written all over it. Get picking the wurzels Polly!https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...to-non-english-speakers-and-unskilled-workers
Good god.

This is "what the electorate wanted"?

How do they know that? Immigration was never a specific question. If they are going on baby boomer Facebook memes then maybe that's the conclusion they would come to, but bloody hell. And yet, that same xenophobic part of the UK will be outraged anyway when they realise that Muslims arent being put on boats and the local Mosque isn't closing. That's what "taking back" really meant to them.

Prices are going to absolutely soar in absolutely everything. Doesn't affect Johnson and co, who can afford stuff no matter what price it is. But if cheap foreign labour is no longer an option, then this country has two choices

A) We need a collapse in the cost of living, with a house price collapse and landlords to begin significantly reducing rents so that ordinary Brits can afford to live off supermarket/ care home/ hospitality wages

or

b) the price of everything goes up significantly because you are going to have to pay a British living wage (basically around £10 an hour) to people you would not have before.

how much is your subway going to cost? My family are staying in a premier Inn next month for two nights to take my son to Thomas World. The whole trip cost around £170. How much will that cost next year when the foreign cleaners aren't available and neither are the hotel staff able/willing to work minimum wage?

Status
Not open for further replies.