Brewers vs Suppers | Page 6 | Vital Football

Brewers vs Suppers

In the "olden days" a late night arrival home after a midweek away was a badge of honour- not a transit travail .....! 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: GSM
Think you are a bit disingenuous there Hampton not all "at risk" are fully protected or in my late Dad's case were fully protected as he passed away with covid despite 3 Jabs. So if anyone feels they want to isolate / don't isolate then that's surely down to them & not to be derided surely.
In the current situation don't believe I'm being disingenuous at all Jock - sorry to hear of your Dad's case of course and condolences - I also lost my nan - however current circumstances are way different than previous

Ditto with the journey back....we thot we'd dine well to avoid traffic going past ground by doing a left on the stadium roundabout.....going great till we got to our supposed M6 North junction, it was shut & we were sent a detour southbound to next junction...16 mile detour. Followed by loads of lane closures back up north, not great after a depressing nil nil draw.

I did the same Jock, but there is a works only exit about 3 or 4 miles south, I have used it in the past to get to a fishery I used to go to, so I used this time and it probably saved me 10 miles on your journey.

Barry was on a supporters club coach and they did the same.

What a bloody ordeal....road closures everywhere, diversions, lane closures, tour de bastard Staffordshire, on M6 South to junction 14 and back up again and the sodding match was shit. Parked on the Beech pub. Make no mistake we were extremely lucky not to lose that game...never have I seen as many scuffed backpasses. They played all the football and we didn't, simple.

In the current situation don't believe I'm being disingenuous at all Jock - sorry to hear of your Dad's case of course and condolences - I also lost my nan - however current circumstances are way different than previous

So why are all hospitals, doctors surgeries and clinics following the covid safety rules and still insisting on masks and hand sanitiser before entry ?

As for your assertion everything is pucker now, it isn't, covid has caused me to have pneumonia 3 times plus 4 stays in hospital in eighteen months, many many more are in the same boat.

I have had 4 vaccination jabs, including the latest for 'at risk' people and have been told by doctors and nurses to still try and observe the recommendations of government medical officers, I openly admit I am scared still and avoid contact where I can so your outburst to MIW shows what a selfish piece of work you really are, as if nobody didn't know already.

Oh, and there was nowt wrong with that pitch. I've seen much worse and if any bugger can't play on that, they can't play at all.

Ditto with the journey back....we thot we'd dine well to avoid traffic going past ground by doing a left on the stadium roundabout.....going great till we got to our supposed M6 North junction, it was shut & we were sent a detour southbound to next junction...16 mile detour. Followed by loads of lane closures back up north, not great after a depressing nil nil draw.

SNAP !…..fecking disgraceful…if they have to close the access …OK… but put up a sign on the approach stating “no Northbound access to M6” Highways Agency fuckwits …then you can turn round and A500 to J16 ….instead commit everyone to steam 10 miles South to Stafford before doing 10 back again 🤬🤬🤬🤯

Oh and we were poor tonight …relieved to get a point in the end …maybe Sat took a lot out of them and yes the pitch and Burton’s commitment did their bit as well …on to Sat and our last “really confident” win chance

Watts earned us a point last night. His headed clearance in the last minute, racing back to divert the ball over the bar was simply INCREDIBLE!! I had a fantastic view of it as I was sitting in the main stand with the home fans!

Anyway, getting back on track, it was a decent point in the end with Rotherham losing. I thought Burton were the better side - probably due to the fact they are more use to their pitch. For me, the main 2 highlights was the Magennis chance. I thought he would have been better passing back to Lang, unless he never saw him. And of course the amazing goal line clearance.

Not the best game & with hindsight I'm annoyed with myself for paying a tenner. Nevertheless it could prove a vital point come May - or rather, the end of April.

Absolute bollocks fella - it's done and you are hiding fm something which is no longer dangerous.
The "at risk" are fully protected the rest are not affected - stop your fear and live your life - you are continuing to peddle a fear that's no longer a thing - according to the latest official advice.
Your either Chris Whitty in disguise or a slacker dodging work - feckin man up

I ask you once again you fucking moron, how am I living in fear? Isolating when infected is not living in fear as it has no impact upon me - though it may on others.,You are too busy peddling shit you cannot recognise this distinction. As I previously said, continue to act like a selfish prick and do as you please, but don’t go around lecturing others to do the same or to not take vaccines. Despite what you and your fellow brainwashed half wit covid deniers have convinced yourselves, the virus is still prevalent in society.

What a bloody ordeal....road closures everywhere, diversions, lane closures, tour de bastard Staffordshire, on M6 South to junction 14 and back up again and the sodding match was shit. Parked on the Beech pub. Make no mistake we were extremely lucky not to lose that game...never have I seen as many scuffed backpasses. They played all the football and we didn't, simple.

Thought I was going mad at one point on way home. Closure after closure after closure then felt like I was going round in circles and to round off a perfect evening pretty sure I got flashed by speed camera to round it all off (can't blame anyone else). Match was shite. Atmosphere bang average. No goals. Chippy was highlight!

I did the same Jock, but there is a works only exit about 3 or 4 miles south, I have used it in the past to get to a fishery I used to go to, so I used this time and it probably saved me 10 miles on your journey.

Barry was on a supporters club coach and they did the same.

Fishery wasn't Cudmore by any chance ?

By an amazing coincidence, I was sat behind the young lad (Darikwa fan!) from Saturday who (with his mates) seemed to start most of the singing. He was with his girlfriend last night, but it seemed like our fans behind the goal were crying out for him and his leadership.

Apart from the occasional chant, we were very quiet last night. Wariness maybe? Holding our breath? Maybe it transferred to the team.

A point was a reasonable takeaway ... let's face it, we've been massively spoiled with our points haul in recent weeks.

But per gvt advice you can go to work on that basis so it's clearly OK to go !
So you consider the Tories your medical advisers. Next time you need a GP or Emergency dept drive yourself straight to your MP or Houses of Parliament.
FYI the NHS advice is to isolate until you have 2 clear negative tests.
Stop being so selfish. You could have infected someone who has a CEV family member. You could end up killing someone. Think about it.