Brewers vs Suppers | Page 4 | Vital Football

Brewers vs Suppers

Very very poor performance and too late making changes again, Leam got moving Lang to wingback completely wrong. Some players on the bench eager to prove a point too but don’t get adequate minutes or minutes at all.

what a clearance though

With the Rotherham result tonight picking up a point isnt a bad thing, as long as no injuries etc.

To put the result into perspective, that's only the fourth time all season that we've dropped points against a non play-off chasing side (Lincoln H, Cambridge A, Cheltenham A, Burton A). Nine points in total out of god knows how many, which is why we are where we are, because we've been brilliant all season at beating these teams. So worth thinking about before completely panning them for that result.

Only thing that really disappoints me is that it's probably curtains for us in terms of getting 100 points. We now need four wins and one draw to do it, which is probably too much with Ipswich and Pompey away to come, plus Plymouth at home. Then again, you know things are going good when I'm complaining about that!

A point gained, Rotherham lose by three giving us a better GD, one less game to play and opens our lead to four over MK.

Not a bad night in those terms, but not our best performance. We struggled against a big physical side on a small, patchy pitch which didn't suit us. I think the game turned on 20 minutes when the pitch became very wet with the downpour and we lost our touch and passes started going astray. We never regained our composure after that and Burton gained in confidence with nothing to lose.

Onwards we go to Saturday and hopefully a decent crowd to get behind the lads at home to take all three points.

The last minute defending from Kerr and Watts was incredible. It just shows how much the players care and don’t give up.
We didn’t play well, I thought we’d have switched to a back 4 and perhaps took Keane off as there was no space for him. I’m not sure if Pearce is injured but I think he’d have given us a threat down the left. Also bringing Shinnie on could have balanced the midfield if he played alongside Naylor and Power. The only time they’ve played together against Oxford I thought they did well. Tonight it seemed like everything came down the right for us and as the game went on we didn’t pick up second balls.
A good point and puts us in a great position but it would’ve been great to win it in front of the away fans and pretty much guarantee promotion.

Any points are important at this stage and as they say it you can play bad and still pick points up then that is promotion form.

round of applause for the fans travelling down midweek to watch śuch a turgid game.

I cannot understand why Humphries gets 8 minutes a game to turn the match.

A poor game and a poor performance.

Second half didn’t change much and the tactics with the wing backs were very ineffective on a small pudding of a pitch. Clearly the outstanding moment of the match was in injury time. Excellent challenge from Kerr when that lad was through and a brilliant goal line clearance on the follow up from Watts. Every credit to keep switched on. Given that, the context of the game and our league position it’s definitely a point gained so I’ll take that.

But it’s not a cold is it you bellend. If you wanna be selfish and pass onto to someone vulnerable, who may well die, then that is more a reflection on who you are as a person than is on people trying to act responsible and limiting transmission.
No need for the name calling MiW
You carry on living in fear - note the current gvt advise please.
Have you seen the latest figures ? - it's now less deadly than seasonal influenza.
You going to hide under the table for that as well ? Or not go out in case a swarm of bees takes a fancy to you ?

Leam got that very very wrong tonight - formation wasn't working subs especially the first one bizarre - we got lucky with a decent point in the end.
Good job Watts isn't half and inch smaller !

Constant long ball on a narrow pitch in terrible conditions but hey let's not play to our strengths with a pass n move on the deck. Not many stand out players tonight & possibly Max's worst game for us, wrong decision after wrong decision, plenty of misplaced passes & indecision, a game he'll prob want to forget. Such a shame we couldn't capitalise on Rotherams defeat n go even more clear...

Constant long ball on a narrow pitch in terrible conditions but hey let's not play to our strengths with a pass n move on the deck. Not many stand out players tonight & possibly Max's worst game for us, wrong decision after wrong decision, plenty of misplaced passes & indecision, a game he'll prob want to forget. Such a shame we couldn't capitalise on Rotherams defeat n go even more clear...
To be fair Jock not much point trying to play on the deck in those conditions.
The amount of throw ins we messed up tonight both short and long was frustrating to say the least - do we have a throw in coach ?

No need for the name calling MiW
You carry on living in fear - note the current gvt advise please.
Have you seen the latest figures ? - it's now less deadly than seasonal influenza.
You going to hide under the table for that as well ? Or not go out in case a swarm of bees takes a fancy to you ?

Who’s living in fear? Staying indoors when I’ve got it doesn’t help me in the slightest, but it does help others. It’s about not acting like a selfish prick such as yourself and adhering to governmental advice to protect others.

We started brilliantly and Burton couldn't get near us but it seemed like we got to a certain point in the first half and lost our shape and composure and went back to hoofing it. The wing backs stopped getting foward, Keane and Lang were too high to link up the midfield and we left Naylor and Power out numbered in midfield and we started losing all the second balls. We started lumping it to an isolated Magennis up front on his own and we just started playing completely against our strengths and into Burton's. It was like the Accy game in reverse. I'm sure the bad pitch and weather played a big part in that but at times we played a couple of passes together we looked so much better but then we'd go back to the ineffective long balls on a tiny pitch and losing posession nearly every time. We were also making so many individual errors all over the park - we battled and worked hard as always but we just weren't at our usual levels tonight.

Tactically I think the issue was getting out numbered in midfield and it was disappointing we made no attempt to rectify it. I think we desperately needed Shinnie on in the second half to start winning second balls and giving us more link up. For me the subs didn't make any difference as they didn't do anything to help us win or keep the ball.

Bennett is a good full back and has good delivery but he generally doesn't get forward enough to be a wing back - not sure if it's his age and legs or fitness but he can't constantly get up and down the way a wing back needs to. We had zero threat down the left, I'd have liked to have seen Pearce come on to try and give us some energy and pace down the left.

Burton were very limited but I think they were probably more on top after our good opening 20 or so mins for the resr of the game and created more chances. We can complain about Magennis not scoring but at least the keeper had to save that - they had a few gilt edge chances that were a certain goal if they hit the target and they completely missed. The only one they didnt miss Watt's performed heroics. So we got some serious let offs tonight.

Overall it's obviously a disappointment as a win would've all but sealed the deal with Rotherham losing heavily. But it's still a valuable point when we could have easily lost that - and if we did I don't think we could really moan. We let Burton drag us into their game and struggled against a team far better suited to hoof ball.

Maybe a bit of complacency creeping in, a collective off night, bad conditions, tactical mistakes or maybe a bit of all of them but whatever it was I think the players will probably come away frustrated in the performance. But we're still in an excellent position, it's still another point on the board and we just have to ensure we bounce back on Saturday at home and get back to doing what we do well.

Leam got that very very wrong tonight - formation wasn't working subs especially the first one bizarre - we got lucky with a decent point in the end.
Good job Watts isn't half and inch smaller !

I think Leam is quite poor with the use of substitutions .