Brewers droop.... | Page 6 | Vital Football

Brewers droop....

It's a blatant foul and another ridiculous miss by the ref. Still, if he isn't giving the push then he has to give a handball. He's made a terrible call but it wouldnt have been one to make if his hand wasn't so needlessly high
I think his hand only went high cos he was barged in the back ... as a reaction

Absolutely awful team selection and tactics from Maloney and horrendous performance from the players. Teams walk through us as we don't press or put a tackle in.

Burton were so poor but were miles better than us.

Maloney was fucking stupid resting players when we were desperate for points, since the Bolton game we've been an absolute mess on the field, terrible at everything and getting worse by the game. Not sure what has happened but that was pathetic.

Absolutely awful team selection and tactics from Maloney and horrendous performance from the players.

Burton were so poor but were miles better than us.

Maloney was fucking stupid resting players when we were desperate for points, since the Bolton game we've been an absolute mess on the field, terrible at everything and getting worse by the game. Not sure what has happened but this that was pathetic.
Pathetic is putting it mildly. Worst performance from a Wigan team for years. I’m disgusted.

Na, you fall forwards not up. Semantics though because it was a fecking shove that Magennis or Wyke would have been punished for
Yep, but the laws of dynamics means that the body wants to balance itself, and so he threw the only weight he could (his arms) backwards.

Magennis missed a double chance in the opening minute and then did exactly NOTHING after that. He doesn't jump, falls over at the slightest nudge and then jogs around the pitch like it's a training session. Passing sideways across the back line gets us nowhere and the opposition know this. Very poor game management (again). Clare (?) gave the ball away in a ridiculous postion. We started to show some urgency in the 97th minute. Not good enough, must try harder.

I’ve tried to be positive up to this point but with this style of play we’re going to get relegated.

We’re weak all over the field, letting at least 2 goals in every game and offer virtually no attacking threat ourselves. I’d say right now the manager has to go as he looks completely out of his depth. If we leave it too long there’ll be no chance of us even staying in this league. It’s obvious Maloney loves the club but it just isn’t working with him as manager. I’m sure someone else with more experience could be getting a lot more from this group of players. There not without blame though, Lang was an embarrassment tonight with his antics and his performances this season have been woeful.

Why have we reverted from the good passing football from early this season to Richardson hoofball 2.0? I don’t think the people at the top will be happy as they have likely stamped a club playing philosophy. Changing from that philosophy and style that was getting results, to this slow hoofball that has 4 players chopped and changed each game is a recipe for disaster.

What on earth has gone on, can’t say MD will be happy, manager and players need to buckle up. No leadership on that pitch tonight.

Yep, but the laws of dynamics means that the body wants to balance itself, and so he threw the only weight he could (his arms) backwards.
Moonay….a definite penalty ….and a fully deserved defeat

Officials have done us over a couple of games this season but tonight was down to a display of staggering ineptitude for all but the first 10 minutes …I firmly believe we have been worked out by the opposition and we don't appear capable of responding.
The manager is also making 3 and 4 changes a game and seems to be threshing around not really sure of what to do….(dropping Godo to the bench was out of left field and completely mystifying to me.)

Only person to blame is the manager. It’s his team. Every one who as any idea of football knows you can’t play that style of football. In league one. Because teams will just bully you. Two game s on the trot one shot on target. He’s. Clearly losing the plot. Doest change one or two no wonder players don’t have clue best player on sat on the bench.

Laws of dynamics apply if you're falling from the second floor of a building, not if you're being shoved in the back with a thousandth of a second to react. Totally agree it was a foul first and foremost and shouldn't even be a debate, but having his arms in the air was unnecessary and naive