Brewers droop.... | Page 8 | Vital Football

Brewers droop....

I hate it, but I'm slowly losing faith in Maloney with each passing game. We were fucking TERRIBLE today, bossed around the pitch for a good 60 straight minutes by a shite Burton side. Team selection was also atrocious. What is going on?
Being honest I think our club is fucked and will be fucked up by our egg chasing owner

Rubbish ... poppycock .. bollocks.

Take your pick.

It was a foul against Watts.

Full stop.
Watts has been a big disappointment. He’s lightweight, easily bullied and uncomfortable on the ball. No surprise he was out muscled and conceded the penalty.

One shot on target on Sat and a goal
One shot on target on Tues and a goal
Says it all really

Maloney is destroying any confidence this squad has by dropping players who are contributing; and starting players who are underperforming. It’s a recipe for losing the dressing room and he should know better.

Incredibly frustrating that he seems to be massively overthinking things at the moment. We signed 11 players and still don’t have an established centre midfielder, and no competition really in the full back positions yet.

It happens that quick that the only part the ref will have seen was Watts arm high in the air. Even if he was shoved in the back I’d still say it’s very naive of him to throw his arm up knowing he’s in his own penalty area. It’s frustrating as it seems some decisions aren’t going our way but the fact is we deserved to lose again tonight.

I feel the Bolton game was a turning point. The players seem to just expect the opposition to roll over and have lacked fight since then. Any confidence they had has completely gone now and I reckon a few teams from Wigan amateur leagues would beat us with the way we’re playing at the minute.

I wouldn't mind as much if we were at least playing some good football but were a soft touch because we were playing too many flair players, but we are so flimsy and still can't string 2 passes together and end up pumping it long.

We've seen the standard we are capable of in the first 4 games which makes the current downturn in every aspect of our performance even more alarming.

I've seen people calling for Maloney's head, but realistically there is no chance that is on the cards.

But at the same time he's got to do better with this squad and this can't go on indefinitely. The last 5 loses we've not been up for it and the other team out fought, out worked and out played us - you can accept losing but you can't accept not competing.

Looks like we dropped the wrong midfielder in the Arsenal Smith and not Adeeko. He could be injured but we are now playing little possession football and back to hoofball .

Looks like we dropped the wrong midfielder in the Arsenal Smith and not Adeeko. He could be injured but we are now playing little possession football and back to hoofball .

He is injured, apparently he was playing injured and that's why his form dropped so drastically.