Boxing thread | Page 43 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

Forgot to post on this fight yesterday but I made a good bit of money last night betting on Bivol to beat Canelo. There was no doubt in my mind that Bivol had the superior tactics and skills to beat Canelo but since we know that most Canelo fights are rigged in one way or another I was certainly worried.

Bivol took Canelo to school and exposed Canelo's static feet and low activity. Bivol outlands Canelo through out and Canelo offered little. Bivol isn't really a puncher and someone who likes to use his jab and feet and this is the worst sort of style for Canelo.

I scored it 117-111 to Bivol, the judges somehow all scored it 115-113 to Bivol which shows they tried their best to get the W for the drug cheat.

That’s a shock result, I didn’t even think about the fight as Canelo’s are so frequent and the same outcome. Fair play on the bet, what odds did you get?

That’s a shock result, I didn’t even think about the fight as Canelo’s are so frequent and the same outcome. Fair play on the bet, what odds did you get?
I had Bivol at +400 (4/1).

It really wasn't a shock in pure boxing terms. The only worry I had were the judges. I felt it could have been a Felix Sturm vs De La Hoya sort of robbery.

Great fight tonight on 5 live boxing
Udofia vs Bentley great first 6 rounds pretty tight round wise

That was a cracking fight , both using there styles to the best , Bentley for me that one but let's wait and see .....
Bentley gets it , title holder for the second time .
Well done fella

Fresh from starting on a bunch of Loughbrough Uni students, Anthony Joshroid has gone and appointed Robert Garcia as his trainer. Garcia is known for doing great work with the likes of Mikey Garcia (overrated though) and Marcos Maidana. He has also trained Nonito Donaire, Brandon Rios and Victor Oritz (among many others).

If you're paying attention you will notice that all of his notable fighters are welterweights or below. Zero heavyweight experience which is generally a completely different kettle of fish.

I think Usyk will be even more inspired in the rematch and I think could even stop Joshua this time around.

Fresh from starting on a bunch of Loughbrough Uni students, Anthony Joshroid has gone and appointed Robert Garcia as his trainer. Garcia is known for doing great work with the likes of Mikey Garcia (overrated though) and Marcos Maidana. He has also trained Nonito Donaire, Brandon Rios and Victor Oritz (among many others).

If you're paying attention you will notice that all of his notable fighters are welterweights or below. Zero heavyweight experience which is generally a completely different kettle of fish.

I think Usyk will be even more inspired in the rematch and I think could even stop Joshua this time around.

Saw AJ was there as one of junior 1’s friends is at Uni there and had obviously met him as I saw a picture of them. All looked very jovial in that picture.:lol:.

Didn’t know there was an issue. Just googled it . Seems like some pissed up students were throwing - quoting the source- profanity and abusive language out their flat window at him. Very big of the them. Video shows AJ being quite calm and telling them strongly to wind their, no doubt, snow flaky necks in. Not acceptable whoever the target is to scream and shout vile abuse.

Threatening to beat up members of the public is not really demonstrating calmness and composure. He's a weird guy and his veil has slipped over the past couple of years, showing his more 'hood' side. There's been a few erratic interviews he has given as well. I'd speculate he has some sort of post concussion syndrome from all the beatings he has taken and it has caused the change in his behaviour.

Last edited:
If he can't ignore immature pissed up uni students he has deep lying issues. Since when do boxers go around being law and order? Ridiculous to be honest.

His new trainer is an expert with the lighter fighters, fast, good foot movement, train not to get hit. In and out. Lots of head movement etc etc.

Is this AJs attempt to outbox the boxer again. You can't learn this overnight AJ. Takes years and years and years.

If he can't ignore immature pissed up uni students he has deep lying issues. Since when do boxers go around being law and order? Ridiculous to be honest.

His new trainer is an expert with the lighter fighters, fast, good foot movement, train not to get hit. In and out. Lots of head movement etc etc.

Is this AJs attempt to outbox the boxer again. You can't learn this overnight AJ. Takes years and years and years.
Yes I think heavyweight training is it's own beast. Garcia has done very well over his career although I can't really think of a top fighter he actually has right now. Mikey Garcia hasn't been up to much for years and is on his way out.

It's entirely possible he could become a very good heavyweight trainer but currently the acumen really isn't there. Mexican's don't really do heavyweight boxing either. I'd say this is a recipe for disaster.

Predictably of course those that don't like/rate AJ are the first to be Peter Perfects and judge. Much like the reaction to the Liverpool game on Saturday. Type first , consider, well never ...

Yeah. Not a good look really is it. But we don't know the wider context . And I would certainly challenge anyone, pissed up , immature or otherwise that was abusing me as I walked about minding my own business. And these young persons are supposedly the more intelligent in our society. The future. He probably regrets the approach and i look forward to the complaints and allegations from the snow flakes who were wronged and the uni authorities presumably will take action against AJ.

Won't hold my breath on the last bit.

Predictably of course those that don't like/rate AJ are the first to be Peter Perfects and judge. Much like the reaction to the Liverpool game on Saturday. Type first , consider, well never ...

Yeah. Not a good look really is it. But we don't know the wider context . And I would certainly challenge anyone, pissed up , immature or otherwise that was abusing me as I walked about minding my own business. And these young persons are supposedly the more intelligent in our society. The future. He probably regrets the approach and i look forward to the complaints and allegations from the snow flakes who were wronged and the uni authorities presumably will take action against AJ.

Mmmmm. So multi millionaire AJ gets mad at some uni skintless bum and runs to teach him a lesson.

Why isn't he doing the same to Fury? Fury has given him enough mouth. Don't see him running up to Tyson.

I wonder why?

youre-hard-david-brent.gif

Mmmmm. So multi millionaire AJ gets mad at some uni skintless bum and runs to teach him a lesson.

Why isn't he doing the same to Fury? Fury has given him enough mouth. Don't see him running up to Tyson.

I wonder why?
I think Dillian Whyte approach him on the street and he did nothing either. But this is a guy who got knocked out by the Taco Bell chihuahua and a beaten up by a cruiserweight.

Not really mate. I can't see the link myself. Sorry. But glad to have been an assistance in your head.

The link? Instead of both talking about the uni incident which I was , you haters gotta hate and you both reverted to nicknames and what would happen to AJ if he met Fury on the street and what happens when he met Whyte. What next my dad is bigger than your dad? Hilarious. Meanwhile back at the nursery .

The link? Instead of both talking about the uni incident which I was , you haters gotta hate and you both reverted to nicknames and what would happen to AJ if he met Fury on the street and what happens when he met Whyte. What next my dad is bigger than your dad? Hilarious. Meanwhile back at the nursery .
Talking about the uni incident whilst throwing out passive aggressive comments about other posters, yet we’re the ones being childish, LOL ok.

The boxing thread? Not the university thread? Fury, Whyte and AJ all boxers. Meanwhile back at the boxing thread.....

I take it you rate AJ? What do you like about him as a boxer?