Boxing thread | Page 44 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

Sorry but this guy is indeed a clown

Tyson Fury: WBC champion urges Derek Chisora to accept trilogy offer

Tyson Fury has urged Derek Chisora to accept his offer to fight him in a trilogy bout.

The WBC heavyweight champion, 33, said he was retiring after his last win over Dillian Whyte in April.
But speaking on Instagram, Fury revealed he had made an offer to veteran heavyweight Chisora, whom he has beaten twice.

"You're running, Derek, from the trilogy," Fury said. "You call yourself war, you should call yourself chicken."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/62450033

A trilogy that no one fucking wants nor cares about. When someone officially wins against someone twice, you don't have a third. The first two fights were utter dog shit too. I can't stand the state of boxing, it's the worst I've ever seen in it in my lifetime.

Interesting fight later then. Joshua with his new trainer vowing to do things differently but I'm not so sure I see it. Robert Garcia has no heavyweight acumen and Usyk is a grandmaster boxer, from the opening bell it could be more of a case of round 13 rather than round 1 of a rematch.

Joshua is the best puncher in the division, he has legit two handed power like no other heavyweight. He will always have the punchers chance. He would be increasing his chances of winning if he uses his size to lean all over Usyk. He needs to adopt a sort of jab, jab grab Wlad Klitschko approach to grind down Usyk. The late Manny Steward would have been the perfect trainer for Joshua.

I feel like Joshua will be a lot more aggressive, this is a risk to him as his gas tank empties quickly. Usyk has shown he can hurt Joshua so an aggressive strategy will leave him open to getting stopped, high risk but maybe high reward. If he fights in a very structured way behind the jab and using his height he might shut out Usyk but I'm not sure Joshua is capable of fighting like this against Usyk who has that great footwork and angles and the fast left hand. This isn't really in Joshua's makeup.

I favour Usyk in this but there's something about it being an Eddie Hearn promotion in Saudi Arabia with Joshua's career on the line that makes me doubt the integrity of the fight.

Interesting fight later then. Joshua with his new trainer vowing to do things differently but I'm not so sure I see it. Robert Garcia has no heavyweight acumen and Usyk is a grandmaster boxer, from the opening bell it could be more of a case of round 13 rather than round 1 of a rematch.

Joshua is the best puncher in the division, he has legit two handed power like no other heavyweight. He will always have the punchers chance. He would be increasing his chances of winning if he uses his size to lean all over Usyk. He needs to adopt a sort of jab, jab grab Wlad Klitschko approach to grind down Usyk. The late Manny Steward would have been the perfect trainer for Joshua.

I feel like Joshua will be a lot more aggressive, this is a risk to him as his gas tank empties quickly. Usyk has shown he can hurt Joshua so an aggressive strategy will leave him open to getting stopped, high risk but maybe high reward. If he fights in a very structured way behind the jab and using his height he might shut out Usyk but I'm not sure Joshua is capable of fighting like this against Usyk who has that great footwork and angles and the fast left hand. This isn't really in Joshua's makeup.

I favour Usyk in this but there's something about it being an Eddie Hearn promotion in Saudi Arabia with Joshua's career on the line that makes me doubt the integrity of the fight.
Usyk has been killing Russians for the last 6 months, one English bloke has got no chance.

Joshua has to throw caution to the wind, or actually probably more advisable, actually throw some punches in combinations. If he can't get a big shot off, Usyk is 100% the better boxer.

Unlike the Ruiz rematch where he came in was it two stone heavier, I believe Usyk is around the same weight so that’s one Hearn advantage out of the window.

I think Usyk will do him in a fair and fight, but similar to Klitchscko at Wembley, Usyk is 35 and might be about to retire whereas AJ still has a few more purses to go after. Perhaps Usyk has a nice share of this purse to make him go quietly off into the sunset but know what he has do? Nudge nudge wink wink.

I love the discipline that is boxing, but I don’t love the business side of the sport. I fully believe Klitchscko could’ve taken AJ at Wembley, as I saw it first hand.

Joshua has to throw caution to the wind, or actually probably more advisable, actually throw some punches in combinations. If he can't get a big shot off, Usyk is 100% the better boxer.

Straight jab…

Straight Jab…

Jab, right hand…

Straight jab…

Straight jab…

Jab, right hand…

Repeat

Unlike the Ruiz rematch where he came in was it two stone heavier, I believe Usyk is around the same weight so that’s one Hearn advantage out of the window.

I think Usyk will do him in a fair and fight, but similar to Klitchscko at Wembley, Usyk is 35 and might be about to retire whereas AJ still has a few more purses to go after. Perhaps Usyk has a nice share of this purse to make him go quietly off into the sunset but know what he has do? Nudge nudge wink wink.

I love the discipline that is boxing, but I don’t love the business side of the sport. I fully believe Klitchscko could’ve taken AJ at Wembley, as I saw it first hand.
Boxing is a quasi-sport these days, at its worst it’s like WWE with basically predetermined outcomes.

Absolutely crystal clear picture on the firestick for this fight. I like watching the big fights like this but absolutely wouldn’t pay £25-30 or whatever it is.

Joshua is stiff and static. Has no IQ. Doesn't throw punches or combinations to set up other combinations in later rounds. He just throws and hopes.
Wilder hits harder than Joshua though.
I get your point though pangloss. I smell a bit of corruption.
Corruption aside I see usyk via knock out round 9.

Greedy fuckers aren't they? Not only do they go to the land of no human rights, slaves, woeful human rights and the rich are unbelievably rich, but they allow the box office to charge £28

And they wonder why people use streams and iptv