Bollox about Ireland and Afghanistan | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bollox about Ireland and Afghanistan

A mate of mine , who was recovering from cancer, once told me that even after being given the all clear there's always a fear it can come back....looks like he was right.

There was IRA in that crowd that day. They've admitted to it.
What a load of bollocks. Your government even apologized for the Bloody Sunday massacre. A march in nationalist Derry, of course there would have been IRA members in the crowd. They were not on active duty.

So killing British soldiers is fine and singing songs about it is ok
The Republic of Ireland is our natural enemy yet we let them in our country like we do any other enemy countries
After reading this comment I'm off. What a sad individual you are. And what's your obsession with Donegal? It was never belonged to the 'treacherous English' to give away in the first. Thousands and thousands of Irish including my father were giving more than a welcome when living in England. I'm just glad English people like you are very much in the minority (well apart from that other bigot on here).

Aye, fuck off . I'm still upset at missing the Benidorm march on the glorious 12th. There's always next year. Up the Teddy Bears.
Fuck you two. It's airheads like you the terrorist organisations targeted for membership. If you were born in the Bogside or the Falls you would have been marching at Easter instead of the 12th.

Fuck you two. It's airheads like you the terrorist organisations targeted for membership. If you were born in the Bogside or the Falls you would have been marching at Easter instead of the 12th.

Do you ever visit the Auld country these days or is the pull of suburban England too great ?

What a load of bollocks. Your government even apologized for the Bloody Sunday massacre. A march in nationalist Derry, of course there would have been IRA members in the crowd. They were not on active duty.

Holly fuck....trying to defend the IRA who hid behind women & children, didn't have the balls to wear a uniform & who maimed, terrorised, extortorted, bullied & intimidated anyone who was not in their terrorist gang....they were never an army, merely thugs, thieves, killers & cowards who hid behind a religious belief to try & justify their horrible deeds. They're no different to the jihadist scumbags who kill innocent people in the name of religion.
All this bile from so many posters on here because we may / may not sign JM.....

I don't think the IRA ever set out to 'blow up children' in the same way the British Army never set out to kill year children with rubber bullets (Divis Flats) or priests attending the wounded (Ballymurphy).

I'd welcome McLean back and don't defend British Army conduct in the instances you mention (or some others that you don't)
That said, if you put 2 bombs in bins on a busy shopping street in Warrington with the only warning being a phone call to Samaritans in Liverpool saying there was a bomb outside a Boots (no location given) 30 minutes before the scheduled detonation time of the first bomb and have the second bomb scheduled to go off slightly later as people run from the first explosion, then I'd say that the IRA members who authorised it and those who carried it out knew that it was inevitable that children would be maimed and/or killed
Please don't try and justify the indefensible

The wild rantings of some bigoted people on here are the very reason that the peace in NI is so fragile at the moment. And that includes people who were on both sides in the conflict.
Move on and live peacefully instead of the "Never forget" crap, it's 2021 not 1921

The wild rantings of some bigoted people on here are the very reason that the peace in NI is so fragile at the moment. And that includes people who were on both sides in the conflict.
Move on and live peacefully instead of the "Never forget" crap, it's 2021 not 1921
The peace in Ulster and in the cities of Belfast and Londonderry is so fragile because the Real IRA and their supporters have never gone away.
But come on happy Latics family.. back to football and basically he is a player we don't need as we have cover on the wings just in case we ever use them and this fella cannot get in his parent clubs side. He was overated when here last but having pace made his occasional runs look good. He will have slowed down now so let's get Jordan Jones out on that wing. Thanks for the hazy memory James and thanks for your kind donation but really Leam save yourself the headaches and keep the Latics family together.

Last edited:
I'd welcome McLean back and don't defend British Army conduct in the instances you mention (or some others that you don't)
That said, if you put 2 bombs in bins on a busy shopping street in Warrington with the only warning being a phone call to Samaritans in Liverpool saying there was a bomb outside a Boots (no location given) 30 minutes before the scheduled detonation time of the first bomb and have the second bomb scheduled to go off slightly later as people run from the first explosion, then I'd say that the IRA members who authorised it and those who carried it out knew that it was inevitable that children would be maimed and/or killed
Please don't try and justify the indefensible
I wouldn't even try to defend or justify that horrible crime. My last word. As someone said back to football, even though I'm Irish and living here I was actually born in High Wycombe of all places!!!

Holly fuck....trying to defend the IRA who hid behind women & children, didn't have the balls to wear a uniform & who maimed, terrorised, extortorted, bullied & intimidated anyone who was not in their terrorist gang....they were never an army, merely thugs, thieves, killers & cowards who hid behind a religious belief to try & justify their horrible deeds. They're no different to the jihadist scumbags who kill innocent people in the name of religion.
All this bile from so many posters on here because we may / may not sign JM.....
Where in my post am I 'trying to defend the IRA?'

I don't think the IRA ever set out to 'blow up children' in the same way the British Army never set out to kill year children with rubber bullets (Divis Flats) or priests attending the wounded (Ballymurphy).
2 wrongs don't make a right.
"Tit for Tat" has always been the Irish Way, hence the reason why long term lasting peace can only ever be considered a pipe dream.