Away v Arsenal | Page 5 | Vital Football

Away v Arsenal

Watching the game on HESGOAL... We soaked up the early pressure very well. It's been all us since. Krul has had a couple of poor passes which has put us in trouble and I'm not totally convinced on Hanley (would have kept Gibson myself) but overall a very good first 45 from them as a team. Williams has been immense and Tzolis looks good when hes on the ball. Happy with what I've seen !

Did look it to me, the tap from the player Williams tackled to the one who scored seemed offside, my mind isnt changed after the replay, would no doubt have been taken off us if it was other way around. In any case, Hanley losing his position was the start of that. Its the same story every time with him in the PL.

Once again, did not deserve to lose. I thought everyone was good today over all. Hanley the reason we've lost that one. Just as he was the opening game last time around v Liverpool. He is too slow for this level. He makes a few dodgy mistakes per game and at this level we're going to concede at least one of those. Krul wasn't too clever either, I counted 5 missplaced passes today which allowed Arsenal a chance on goal. He made up for the last one with a good save, but a save he shouldnt have had to make.

I'd take Hanley out next week for Kabak, Omobamidel has earned his right to stay. I'm confident for this season still but we really really need to be more clinical. Rupp should not be starting... McLean was good.

Well we can all argue about the injustice of the goal , but as a knowledgeable fan said on the RN phone-in , we should not be putting officials in the situation where a decision has to be made . Also what is of great concern is allowing Arsenal 30 shots at goal with 6 on target while we had only 10 shots with a paltry 1 on target . Continue with stats like that (especially against the bottom side with rock bottom confidence) and it’s only all going to end in tears

My take on today.
Arsenal were poor and were there for the taking if we had more attacking intent. I thought to be fair mclean & rupp did well in the middle, and Williams was by far the best player on the pitch, honestly he saved a goal and was brilliant all round.
Krul was poor by his standards, distribution was very poor.
If we had started with normann & gilmour and had sargent playing i think we would of got something today. Pukki had a great chance but took too many touches and lost the chance.
Rachica was poor when he came on, he took two corners and didnt clear 1st defender, mclean really coated him off both times gor that.
Overall we defended well but had zero attacking threat. Arsenal are a poor side that will struggle this season imo.
DF has got to start putting our strongest side out now, and work this out quickly, i dont want to hear about a player needs time to settle etc or hes one for the future, weve got ground to make up now so no more resting our best players and playing the ole DF favourites.
on Dowell, i was surprised by his inclusion, he did ok tbh, but hes slow and clearly was never going to last more than an hour, odd inclusion for me.

14 successive prem defeats and two goals scored is a horrific stat
It is and still no points from games where we let the 1st goal in.

Krul was so bad in his distribution.

We all know that if DF drops one of the central defenders it will be omobamidele

Home again and shattered...We wuz robbed by that goal, we looked good at times, Farke needs to sort formations out, Pukki again not up to the job.....Good day out, spoiled only by a corrupt decision.

Attachments

• 241703954_4088931067883148_5605448605277159165_n.jpg
    241703954_4088931067883148_5605448605277159165_n.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 6