Away v Arsenal | Page 3 | Vital Football

Away v Arsenal

McLean out Normann in I think.

If fit play tzolis for Cantwell and sargent for pukki, but I think pukki will start every game this season.

I haven't been that impressed by idah as the lone forward in the Ireland ganes. I'm sure he has the talent but maybe a loan to the championship would help but then we'd be short upfront.
Hes nowhere near good enough Idah

Fortunately it's only a knee ligament injury, which puts him out for twelve weeks. His golden finger is intact.
The injuries start! McLean hasn't had much luck recently with injuries he missed the Euros and pre-season with a knee injury. This might be the start of the end for him if his knees are starting to go.

The injuries start! McLean hasn't had much luck recently with injuries he missed the Euros and pre-season with a knee injury. This might be the start of the end for him if his knees are starting to go.
And Gianoulis now. Neck injury

I say play some bagpipe music on the City coach to the Arsenal game and put some "fire into their bellies":

Get stuck into those Gunners! Just like these "clean" games:

Last edited:
At least Tzolis is fit and ready to play. Giannoulis will miss out but I am not sure he is better than Williams.

Sounds like the Sarge is out with a hamstring issue . This follows the other bad news that McClean may be fit to play

Zimmermann out - injured (he seems to always be - time to move on)
Giannoulis out

Sargent - 50/50 (he seems to also have a few injury issues). DF also says that Sargent is struggling with his sleep.

McLean is training and looks okay.

DF confirms there was interest in Aarons. I am surprised that if that is the case Aarons is still here. Unless they were all loan offers.

Normann and Kabak are fit and ready for tomorrow. But DF says that might be too soon for Kabak - always too soon Mr Farke!

DF saying that he might have to rotate because players have had a big load recently mentioning Gilmour and Rashica, but of course not his golden boy Pukki.

DF says that he expected our first 5 games to be bumpy as facing topsides and squad still gelling together.

I have a feeling DF will go much the same (as he usually does)

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Williams

Normann
Lees-Melou
Gilmour

Cantwell
Pukki
Rashica

I would go

Krul

Aarons
Omobamidele (If Kazak isn't ready)
Hanley (c)
Williams

Normann
Lees-Melou

Tzolis
Gilmour
Rashica

Sargent (if fit if not then Idah :balloon:)

I really hope it isn't along come, Norwich, tomorrow.

We can't let them build any confidence (I bet we will)
We can't let them settle (I bet we will)
We can't sit back from the word go (.....'''')
No messing around
No pissing around the box
No slow build-up
No backwards passing all the time

Its a battle of the relegation candidates tomorrow as my Arsenal mate put it.

Interesting that DF spoke with Klopp about Kabak and that the Liverpool boss would have signed him if not for the fitness of VVD, Gomes and the ability to sign Konate

seems df is still going to be taking his time to play Tzolis. He did say that the calf is much better now.

Probably be a 85th min sub
Zimmermann out - injured (he seems to always be - time to move on)
Giannoulis out

Sargent - 50/50 (he seems to also have a few injury issues). DF also says that Sargent is struggling with his sleep.

McLean is training and looks okay.

DF confirms there was interest in Aarons. I am surprised that if that is the case Aarons is still here. Unless they were all loan offers.

Normann and Kabak are fit and ready for tomorrow. But DF says that might be too soon for Kabak - always too soon Mr Farke!

DF saying that he might have to rotate because players have had a big load recently mentioning Gilmour and Rashica, but of course not his golden boy Pukki.

DF says that he expected our first 5 games to be bumpy as facing topsides and squad still gelling together.

I have a feeling DF will go much the same (as he usually does)

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Williams

Normann
Lees-Melou
Gilmour

Cantwell
Pukki
Rashica

I would go

Krul

Aarons
Omobamidele (If Kazak isn't ready)
Hanley (c)
Williams

Normann
Lees-Melou

Tzolis
Gilmour
Rashica

Sargent (if fit if not then Idah :balloon:)
id rather play myself than idah!

Hope all going to Emirates see a great game and hopefully three points in the bag, though one may be more realistic.