Away v Arsenal | Page 2 | Vital Football

Away v Arsenal

Trains are not too busy.

We went to London a couple of weeks ago and only about 10
people on the carriage.
Should be the same on our early morning train to London but I anticipate a busy
one on the way back.
I booked a monthly pass including tube pass so we are totally flexible on train times.

Train in yesterday was quiet...I felt safe, wore my mask, one of only a few!

With the two new signings this puts a different complexion on the starting line-up.

Now assuming (risky) that the international break allows some form of togetherness for the new signings to have a few training sessions and we use our expensive purchases early and they dont sit around becuase they arnt ready, what could the team look like

1 GK Krul ( unchanged)
2 RB Aarons ( unchanged)
3) CB Handley ( unchanged)
4) CB Kabak ( replaces Gibson or Gibson moves to LB and Williams drops out)
5) LB Williams ( or replaced by Gibson)
6) CM Normann (replaces Gilmore or Gilmore replaces McLean left half)
7) RH Cantwell ( replaces Lees - Malou- questionable?)
8) LH Gilmore ( replaces McLean - unlikely as McLean is DF's favourite)
9) RW Rashica ( replaces Cantwell)
10) CF Sargeant ( replaces Pukki - unlikely as DF loves Pukki up front but Pukkis scoring in Prem is yet to be proven)
11) LW Tzolis (assuming he's fit otherwise Pukki CF and Sargent LW)

Based on team against Leicester, old style position naming with no thought of play formation, no way intending to or would usurp Bears as our tactical team selector - just thought I'd have a bash

Over to you Bears

With the two new signings this puts a different complexion on the starting line-up.

Now assuming (risky) that the international break allows some form of togetherness for the new signings to have a few training sessions and we use our expensive purchases early and they dont sit around becuase they arnt ready, what could the team look like

1 GK Krul ( unchanged)
2 RB Aarons ( unchanged)
3) CB Handley ( unchanged)
4) CB Kabak ( replaces Gibson or Gibson moves to LB and Williams drops out)
5) LB Williams ( or replaced by Gibson)
6) CM Normann (replaces Gilmore or Gilmore replaces McLean left half)
7) RH Cantwell ( replaces Lees - Malou- questionable?)
8) LH Gilmore ( replaces McLean - unlikely as McLean is DF's favourite)
9) RW Rashica ( replaces Cantwell)
10) CF Sargeant ( replaces Pukki - unlikely as DF loves Pukki up front but Pukkis scoring in Prem is yet to be proven)
11) LW Tzolis (assuming he's fit otherwise Pukki CF and Sargent LW)

Based on team against Leicester, old style position naming with no thought of play formation, no way intending to or would usurp Bears as our tactical team selector - just thought I'd have a bash

Over to you Bears
Knowing DF he'll not start them both.

I'd say in time it will be Gibson out and kabak in. Normann in place of Lees-melou with McLean left mid central and Gilmour the more attacking midfielder. The tzolis left and Cantwell right (or swap those two) and pukki will stay up top.

It's tough though but good to have that headache.

I think DF will need to start to be tough and maybe players like pukki, aarons and Krul are droppable.

In home games against the 'lesser' sides we can go 4-2-3-1 and have the like a of Cantwell, tzolis and Rashica all playing. Does seem harsh on Dowell who looked to be the player to watch at end of last season and preseason

Come on lads, it's not that bad. There are other midfielders, who are nearly as good.

McLean out Normann in I think.

If fit play tzolis for Cantwell and sargent for pukki, but I think pukki will start every game this season.

I haven't been that impressed by idah as the lone forward in the Ireland ganes. I'm sure he has the talent but maybe a loan to the championship would help but then we'd be short upfront.

I wish we did have a bit clause in the the Skipp loan. He looks so bloody good. Playing for England u21s.

If Normann is half as good as Skipp we will have a very good player.

My only concern is we have 1 defensive midfielder as DF doesn't seem to want to play Sorensen.

Fortunately it's only a knee ligament injury, which puts him out for twelve weeks. His golden finger is intact.

Incidentally, on the main site first team listing, Todd Cantwell has turned into Onel Hernandez :lol:

Last edited:
McLean out Normann in I think.

If fit play tzolis for Cantwell and sargent for pukki, but I think pukki will start every game this season.

I haven't been that impressed by idah as the lone forward in the Ireland ganes. I'm sure he has the talent but maybe a loan to the championship would help but then we'd be short upfront.
I think we should start with Cantwell, Tzolis, Sargent and Pukki.