Away v Arsenal | Page 6 | Vital Football

Away v Arsenal

Got back at 10.15, watched MOTD and went to bed so only just getting time before starting work to write down my thoughts.

Firstly, a great day out in the sun.
Trains both on time. The new trains are much faster and quieter.
6 great pubs and the usual gallon of real ale including a fry up and
pint at 9.45 by the locks in Camden.
17,000 steps to work off a few of those calories.

The game and offside has been covered a lot already so my thoughts are
on other things.

The Emirates.
Pathetic home crowd. No atmosphere. It really is a case of sing when you are winning and from what I saw they will not be singing very much this season.
Away fans not really in great voice. I feel that the team selection, failure to start with attacking intent and general lack of attacking made us all a bit subdued.

One moron in away end just before end of game took of his shirt to reveal an arse shirt underneath. It took a lot of us away fans to persuade stewards to have him ejected. Even then they barely got him out before final whistle and allowed him to shake hands with fellow mouse like home fans on way out.
Chap near me confronted a steward who said he would be banned for life.
That would be a pleasure if they have to watch Arse every 2 weeks but I doubt if it will happen.

The game.
Arsenal are poor. A top 6 team would have won easily and average teams such as Brighton, Southampton etc would have sneaked a win. We could have drawn but if you only have one shot on target and typically concede, then the chances are very poor.
The selection was poor, it did not work and even though subs were made relatively early for DF, they were too late as damage was already done.

The pubs.
I suggest Camden for wethys breakfast and a few pubs there also open about 10
although one I had identified was closed.
Angel tube, several good pubs and a walk to the ground is about 25 mins
without pub stops. If you get lost follow the silence and you will be near the ground.

I do not want to hear comments about waiting to play lesser teams and then getting points. They are still better than us and maybe there is a better chance of getting points from teams towards top not playing well than there is from lesser teams who are on form and fight harder.
We have now wasted chances to get maybe 2 / 4 points from last 2 games.
I accepted we were going to be outclassed by Manc buy success and Scousers were generally better than us but Leicester and Arsenal were there to be shot at and we generally fired blanks.

After Covid it was just great to do an away with good friends and I really enjoyed the long day out. I was hoping NCFC would complete my day out with getting a point but in my head I knew that they would disappoint me, and they did.

Thanks for the picture FFL and thanks for the write-up DG. It s always best to hear from those who went . I know MOTD highlights can be deceiving but nonetheless it looked like we’re were wiped and it could have been worse but for their finishing . Those statistics of letting the bottom club have 30 shots against us says it all really

My take on today.
Arsenal were poor and were there for the taking if we had more attacking intent. I thought to be fair mclean & rupp did well in the middle, and Williams was by far the best player on the pitch, honestly he saved a goal and was brilliant all round.
Krul was poor by his standards, distribution was very poor.
If we had started with normann & gilmour and had sargent playing i think we would of got something today. Pukki had a great chance but took too many touches and lost the chance.
Rachica was poor when he came on, he took two corners and didnt clear 1st defender, mclean really coated him off both times gor that.
Overall we defended well but had zero attacking threat. Arsenal are a poor side that will struggle this season imo.
DF has got to start putting our strongest side out now, and work this out quickly, i dont want to hear about a player needs time to settle etc or hes one for the future, weve got ground to make up now so no more resting our best players and playing the ole DF favourites.
on Dowell, i was surprised by his inclusion, he did ok tbh, but hes slow and clearly was never going to last more than an hour, odd inclusion for me.
Agree totally 76. Dowell is okay for bringing on mid way 2nd half (not starting). Rashica, (I think) could turn out to be a bad buy. He should only start on the bench for now.

Just had a close look at that Arsenal goal. Bears is spot on. The final pass hits the post then hits the Arsenal players shin not Krul and it loops into the front of goal with the scorer clearly off-side. Poor decision from Oliver and VAR - its clear as day. We know that favouritism will be given to the top teams - yep - its arrived.

Are we the only club in 4 divisions without a point and was that arsenal's first goal this season?

For me Williams, omobamidele are the two starts for Watford as they were most impressive in the game.

Tzolis starts as I think he'll be able to cause Watford problems.

Dowell, pukki, Rupp not to start please. Sargent and Normann defo start

Obviously not all of them no, krul is good as is aarons (although he still cant cross), rupp id drop like a stone and pukki & mclean should not be auto starters every game

What would be your CB pairing once Kabak is fit (by DF standards)?

So Krul, Aarons, Williams, 2 x CB., Normann, Lees Melou, Sargent, Tzolis, +2
Pukki has been in need of a rest for ages.

What would be your CB pairing once Kabak is fit (by DF standards)?

So Krul, Aarons, Williams, 2 x CB., Normann, Lees Melou, Sargent, Tzolis, +2
Pukki has been in need of a rest for ages.
Id probably go with that BB yes, id pair kabak with Gibson probably to start, harsh on hanley but i think gibson a better ball pkayer.
pukki defo needs a rest and its not working up top which hasnt been his fault as were not getting the ball up to him. Definitely need normann in and to get gilmour firing and tzolis.

Got back at 10.15, watched MOTD and went to bed so only just getting time before starting work to write down my thoughts.

Firstly, a great day out in the sun.
Trains both on time. The new trains are much faster and quieter.
6 great pubs and the usual gallon of real ale including a fry up and
pint at 9.45 by the locks in Camden.
17,000 steps to work off a few of those calories.

The game and offside has been covered a lot already so my thoughts are
on other things.

The Emirates.
Pathetic home crowd. No atmosphere. It really is a case of sing when you are winning and from what I saw they will not be singing very much this season.
Away fans not really in great voice. I feel that the team selection, failure to start with attacking intent and general lack of attacking made us all a bit subdued.

One moron in away end just before end of game took of his shirt to reveal an arse shirt underneath. It took a lot of us away fans to persuade stewards to have him ejected. Even then they barely got him out before final whistle and allowed him to shake hands with fellow mouse like home fans on way out.
Chap near me confronted a steward who said he would be banned for life.
That would be a pleasure if they have to watch Arse every 2 weeks but I doubt if it will happen.

The game.
Arsenal are poor. A top 6 team would have won easily and average teams such as Brighton, Southampton etc would have sneaked a win. We could have drawn but if you only have one shot on target and typically concede, then the chances are very poor.
The selection was poor, it did not work and even though subs were made relatively early for DF, they were too late as damage was already done.

The pubs.
I suggest Camden for wethys breakfast and a few pubs there also open about 10
although one I had identified was closed.
Angel tube, several good pubs and a walk to the ground is about 25 mins
without pub stops. If you get lost follow the silence and you will be near the ground.

I do not want to hear comments about waiting to play lesser teams and then getting points. They are still better than us and maybe there is a better chance of getting points from teams towards top not playing well than there is from lesser teams who are on form and fight harder.
We have now wasted chances to get maybe 2 / 4 points from last 2 games.
I accepted we were going to be outclassed by Manc buy success and Scousers were generally better than us but Leicester and Arsenal were there to be shot at and we generally fired blanks.

After Covid it was just great to do an away with good friends and I really enjoyed the long day out. I was hoping NCFC would complete my day out with getting a point but in my head I knew that they would disappoint me, and they did.
On the positive side, we could have got two points so far but haven't. With the right starting line up and a win Saturday against Grotford. We will have achieved 3 out of a possible 5. (always half full).

Id probably go with that BB yes, id pair kabak with Gibson probably to start, harsh on hanley but i think gibson a better ball pkayer.
pukki defo needs a rest and its not working up top which hasnt been his fault as were not getting the ball up to him. Definitely need normann in and to get gilmour firing and tzolis.
I think it is a no brainer starting 11. Krul, Airons, Kabak, Omodele, Williams, Normann, Melou, Gilmore, Tzolis, Cantwell, Sargent.

On the positive side, we could have got two points so far but haven't. With the right starting line up and a win Saturday against Grotford. We will have achieved 3 out of a possible 5. (always half full).

True but I still maintain that the so called easier games are not as easy as a good team playing below par.

Against a physical Watford, I would want Gibson in the defence.

Is Cantwell doing enough to merit a starting place?
Yes BB you are probably right. I thought Omodeli had warranted a start but maybe BG and Kabak could be a good pairing. Cantwell on his day and playing with the right team mates can be massive for us.