Atletico Madrid-Manchester City Champions League Post Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Atletico Madrid-Manchester City Champions League Post Match Thread

They are a bunch of :censor:s managed by a :censor:

You can bet the house that UEFA will not hesitate to charge City with ‘failing to control their players’ whilst dragging their feet in dealing with this arrogant, racist bunch of thugs,

Pls start Madrid champions league match day thread as soon as possible. We can monitor both sides results in the coming weeks here and it will make the build up to the semis much better.

yesterday match effect was similar to the one we lost to spurs in QF s three years back. I feel like it’s hard to get past both the Madrid sides in the same year this time. But if we get past Real Madrid also this time in semis we deserve the CL cup. Last year we went to finals beating Real and PSG .this time it’s much better we beat barca , athletico .
Guardiola should stop overthinking, last two games he brought the best 11 . Same way we hope for the rest of CL matches this season.

22:41
FT: Atletico Madrid 0-0 Man City (0-1 agg)

This was Manchester City's 100th Champions League match - although they failed to win or score tonight, they are outright second for most wins (55) and goals (201) in their first 100 games in the competition, behind only Real Madrid for both (won 57, scored 202).

Since the introduction of the last-16 stage in the 2003-04, City are only the fourth side to keep a clean sheet in both legs of the last-16 and quarter-final in a season, along with AC Milan in 2004-05, Arsenal in 2005-06 and Juventus in 2016-17, all of whom reached the final (and all lost).

Pep Guardiola has reached his ninth UEFA Champions League semi-final, the most of any manager in the history of the competition (four with Barcelona, three with Bayern Munich, two with City).
All of this will get lost in the noise. All things considered this was a magnificent, controlled performance against a team that were intent on goading and injuring players. Not so much ‘dark arts’ as full on thuggish brutality out in the open which the officials failed to deal with early on and which inevitably led to the sort of behaviour we all feared (& predicted). The card count is false as has been pointed out and I think emphasises the weakness of the officials who wilt under the intimidation & hostility of the :censor: Simeone, his ‘players’ and the crowd. UEFA ought to have anticipated this and put someone in charge with a proper spine.

Doubtless City will get charged and blamed though.

BBC report on tv this morning referred only to “City scraped into the semi finals” - WTF? - without noting the maturity and discipline of the performance. Twats.

I too worry about the price we may pay at the weekend and in the PL run in. That was brutal and we may be counting the cost for some time.

A flavour of the BBC view on the affair. Ian Dennis’s comment praising the home crowd are a disgrace - this is the bunch who are under threat of a partial stadium closure for their alleged racist behaviour at the Etihad and who booed the City players when taking the knee. He needs to get a fucking grip and call them out along with the thuggish behaviour of the AM players :mad:

Pep Guardiola: Man City 'in big trouble' despite 'deserved' Champions League win over Atletico https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61102195

Ali Mann says that was a straight Red on Filipe not two yellows, but anyone looking at the cards would think City were the more aggressive getting all those cards, but perhaps in future all AM games should have a top referee and that Savic was reported to have committed no fouls over the two games.

I watch the replay late into the early hours and for a 0-0 this was far from a bore draw, but how AM players got away with some of their antics, I can only surmise that the Referee was intimidated by the home fans.