Aston Villa v Southampton Thread - 1st Nov - 12 noon | Page 5 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Southampton Thread - 1st Nov - 12 noon

Just a reminder, only quote a small amount and then link to the rest of the article.

I take a bit more from BBC because I always feel like that is our property, they force us to pay for it whether we want it or not.

For the rest, caution please!

Agree this game has come at a good time in terms of a real litmus test of the here & now

Yep. There are some very good signs, in spite of the Leeds loss. If the signs are genuine, then we should be able to go out and put in a really solid performance. If we can't, then some of those signs are misleading and we're further back than we hoped.

According to the Times, the Villa players are negotiating with the club about a bonus for securing european football/top six finish. How targets have changed since this time last season.

We are one of the 14 fighting relegation and the players need to realise that can still happen we have an 11 point cushion so it's unlikely but we are not strong enough squad wise to be finishing in the top 6

If I were the owners I'd say yes I'll happily entertain a discussion about top 6 bonuses, just come back in January when you're firmly in the top 6 and we'll talk about it.

For now, just fuck off and win some games you greedy pricks Hitting

We are one of the 14 fighting relegation and the players need to realise that can still happen we have an 11 point cushion so it's unlikely but we are not strong enough squad wise to be finishing in the top 6
What if we are top four at Christmas and spend another 100m or so on the squad? I'm not writing us off, I haven't been overly impressed with anyone else this season so far.

If I were the owners I'd say yes I'll happily entertain a discussion about top 6 bonuses, just come back in January when you're firmly in the top 6 and we'll talk about it.

For now, just fuck off and win some games you greedy pricks Hitting

I wonder if they negotiated their wages downward last season when most of them were so very poor and we were in a season long relegation scrap?

Hopefully, only fair eh!?

Cant understand why people are upset over this story of bonuses. Exactly the same would happen at any club in the league and its been that way for a long time.
We've obviously exceeded expectations so far and I'm pleased to see they are confident they can push on and finish top half.
I'm not saying we will achieve this, but you need to have the belief that you can

Cant understand why people are upset over this story of bonuses. Exactly the same would happen at any club in the league and its been that way for a long time.
We've obviously exceeded expectations so far and I'm pleased to see they are confident they can push on and finish top half.
I'm not saying we will achieve this, but you need to have the belief that you can
This surely is yet another pathetic attempt by the media to divide and create controversy. I have to believe that it's nothing but a BS "story."
If true, I think people would be rightly upset for two reasons. 1. People across the world have lost/are losing jobs and income due to the pandemic, so why would footballers be pushing for more money. 2. They have won a handful of games at the start of the season and have proven/won absolutely nothing.

This surely is yet another pathetic attempt by the media to divide and create controversy. I have to believe that it's nothing but a BS "story."
If true, I think people would be rightly upset for two reasons. 1. People across the world have lost/are losing jobs and income due to the pandemic, so why would footballers be pushing for more money. 2. They have won a handful of games at the start of the season and have proven/won absolutely nothing.

Even if it is true, it's nothing out of the ordinary, every club has bonuses based on performance. I was listening to the radio earlier and someone mentioned about how Leicester players negotiated a title winning bonus in the 2nd half of the season when they won PL.
Personally I'd rather they are aiming for the stars than thinking lets just get to 40 points. If we hadnt lost to Leeds last weekend, I don't think so many would be upset by it all.
I get the point about the general public struggling financially, but the club could be earning more prize money, they are just after their piece of the pie. For the top earners its likely to be less than a weeks wages for them.

Yes, agreed, but when they signed their contracts was the time to negotiate - so maybe as above, the report isn't true anyway.

Just wondered if they negotiated their wages downward when things aren't going well though!.

I think we have strayed way toooooo far. this is the match thread innit.