Aston Villa v Southampton Thread - 1st Nov - 12 noon | Page 7 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Southampton Thread - 1st Nov - 12 noon

I hope we start Traore today. I’ve been a fan of Trez but Leeds was the first game where I think he had made himself droppable. Traore could give Southampton a bit of a surprise.

Capable of winning this one however with them in good form, and after our shocker v Leeds, would take a good performance/good game and a well earned draw. Another loss sees an end to any momentum we had.

But obviously would prefer the win.... come on Villa!

Jack, Ross, Watkins and Traore will be a hard front 4 to pin down.
All drift in from the flanks, Watkins, drifts wide to link up. Hopefully we can pull Southampton all over the place like a dogs back leg.

Hopefully Shane Long will stay on the bench for them as he always seems to do well against us and only us. Just like that bloke at United used to can't even remember his name now .

I hope Smith has come up with a plan to stop Bertrand and Walcott doubling up on Cash. Southampton shifting Walcott to the left must mean they spotted something from the Leeds game.

Big test for Traore today then. At least we get the chance to properly have a look at him.

Can't say I'm positive about today, but that is because we've been shit for years now. Hopefully Villa prove me wrong like they've been doing for most of this season!

Whatever happens tonight, hope Watkins bags a goal. Think he needs to get on the scoresheet again.