Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st | Page 20 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st

The weather could be a leveller on Sunday. Storm Jorge coming in with 50 to 60 mph winds. Hold on to your hollyhocks!

All you glove haters on here! I am obviously created for warmer climbs. I wouldn't be seen dead without gloves until at least the end of March! There are many things about El Ghazi that pre me off, but gloves ain't one of em!
Remarkable seeing highlights of the 75 final even the keepers didn’t have gloves.

Win or lose on the pitch will be down to skill or luck, but the battle of the terraces will have only winner. "Everywhere we go, it's Villa boys making all the noise"
I was not old enough for my parents to let me go to the 1971 LC final against Spurs. We were a 3rd Division club up against the like of Chivers, Peters, Mullery, Gilzean, Perryman and Jennings. We lost but the noise from the Villa fans was immense. We had a 33rpm vinyl record of the commentary of the final (honestly!) and at times you couldn't hear the commentator for the "Villa, Villa, Villa" being belted out.
I was there for the 1974 final against Norwich the noise was painful at times and the "we want Saunders" at the end was deafening.
1977 at Wembley the atmosphere was dire but Hillsborough and Old Trafford were very loud.
I couldn't go to the 1994 final but was there for 1996 and it was impossible to hear anything from the Leeds fans as we drowned them out for 90 minutes.
I cannot wait for Sunday and will be cheering, singing and shouting whatever the result. We will be the 12th man and do more than our share. We just need those on the pitch to show the same passion and enthusiasm and "fight like lions".
Finally, I have never been in attendance at a final and seen Villa lose.
COYVB
HEITS
TCIO
VTID
SC, TGTNFSG
I went to the '71 final and we actually outplayed Spurs. I managed to bump into Chivers at a golf event a couple of years ago and even he (bearing in mind he scored both goals) admitted we had played better than them.

The weather could be a leveller on Sunday. Storm Jorge coming in with 50 to 60 mph winds. Hold on to your hollyhocks!

agreed, thought that, although some of our players have been very weak recently, falling over for no reason, and so on, so hope the wind doesn't blow them away!

All you glove haters on here! I am obviously created for warmer climbs. I wouldn't be seen dead without gloves until at least the end of March! There are many things about El Ghazi that pre me off, but gloves ain't one of em!

I've worked in the arctic circle on vehicles on a frozen lake without gloves, now that is cold trust me. It's never seemed cold to me here since
I just don't get footballers with gloves, it's just like admitting you're a bloody fairy to the opposition, come on lads and kick me

I've worked in the arctic circle on vehicles on a frozen lake without gloves, now that is cold trust me. It's never seemed cold to me here since
I just don't get footballers with gloves, it's just like admitting you're a bloody fairy to the opposition, come on lads and kick me

Well exactly 57. :shake:

If Anwar scores the winner on Sunday he can wear a bra for all I care.

He was obviously desperate to play at Wembley (by fucking us over a bit) and to be fair he did have a big influence last time we were there.

It'll be nice if someone makes themselves a hero. But the last cup final we were in has scarred me to the point where I'm not that excited about this. I probably will be Sunday morning though, like a big stupid kid.