Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st | Page 18 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st

I'd like to see Vassilev back in the squad for this game. Even if he's given ten minutes it's a bit of experience in the big time and, for me, the kid did alright in the couple of times he featured in the league. Can't see that this Borjan is any improvement on him.
We should play finals to win (even if it is unlikely) not to give experience

Or .
Bring BFR (my favourite ever manager) back in for a one off, for the final.

BFR's claret and blue army!

I was looking at some of his signings last night and the were nearly all experienced players from big clubs plus a few stocking fillers like the 2 Germans who never made it here but one ended up playing for Germany. It also took a punt on Shaun Teale which worked out pretty well and they were his buys, not some transfer committee

I was looking at some of his signings last night and the were nearly all experienced players from big clubs plus a few stocking fillers like the 2 Germans who never made it here but one ended up playing for Germany. It also took a punt on Shaun Teale which worked out pretty well and they were his buys, not some transfer committee

I was thinking similar about the League Cup win under Big Ron and how much experience was in that team.

McGrath 34
Teale 29
Richardson 31
Townsend 30
Saunders 29
Houghton 32

This buy young policy is a crock of shit and deeply flawed. Look at how much experience is in that team, that would be almost unheard of now.

Sterling , Aguero , Silva and Fernandino on the bench for Man City tonight.

Does this mean they will play Sunday ?

GULP !!!!!

I was thinking similar about the League Cup win under Big Ron and how much experience was in that team.

McGrath 34
Teale 29
Richardson 31
Townsend 30
Saunders 29
Houghton 32

This buy young policy is a crock of shit and deeply flawed. Look at how much experience is in that team, that would be almost unheard of now.
SJ,that side played superbly that day and it was a well deserved triumph. However, as a team we were soon to be over the hill and Big Ron,much to my disgust,was to be sacked . I dont think this is Dean's team but he may get the blame for disastrous recruitment.

Yes play to win. That’s why I’d include a kid with a bit of fire in his belly and a willingness to run himself into the ground. The experience is secondary.

SJ,that side played superbly that day and it was a well deserved triumph. However, as a team we were soon to be over the hill and Big Ron,much to my disgust,was to be sacked . I dont think this is Dean's team but he may get the blame for disastrous recruitment.

That's true, although both Townsend and McGrath both played in the 96 final too.

There has to be balance, simple as that. We're either buying young players or 38 year old Robert Pires', get the bloody balance right.

The buy young policy is fine to a degree .Some of the players we bought could be decent in my humble.

The buying young policy is a crock of shit when they are all thrown in at the deep end together having no experience around them and having not played in the premier league before . Which is exactly what we have done and is why we are in the shit .