Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st | Page 22 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final March 1st

Even more bang up for this than yesterday.

We will be our 12th man tomorrow and Man City won't even think they have any fans there.

I am fully fit and prepared to give 110% support.
Look on the bright side sirdennis, City have failed to win on nine occasions in the Premier League this season.
They are good but they are not invincible this season.

I wasn't sure which thread to mention this in, but there's an excellent article by Jamie Carragher in The Telegraph today under the byline " Former European Cup winners have forgotten how big they are."
He argues that winning the League Cup is far below staying up in Vila's interest.
It's a good article and Carragher writes well of Villa as a football institution.
He says,"I am desperate for Villa to stay up because, for me, they symbolise football tradition in this country and the Premier League is better for having them back."
He argues that for teams like Wigan winning the cup is the pinnacle of their achievement but Villa's history is littered with cup successes.
"The potential to re-establish Villa as part of English football's elite is immense. Premier League survival is fundamental to realising it, not a League Cup to add to the five they already have."
Interesting read.
The win's the thing tomorrow though.

I wasn't sure which thread to mention this in, but there's an excellent article by Jamie Carragher in The Telegraph today under the byline " Former European Cup winners have forgotten how big they are."
He argues that winning the League Cup is far below staying up in Vila's interest.
It's a good article and Carragher writes well of Villa as a football institution.
He says,"I am desperate for Villa to stay up because, for me, they symbolise football tradition in this country and the Premier League is better for having them back."
He argues that for teams like Wigan winning the cup is the pinnacle of their achievement but Villa's history is littered with cup successes.
"The potential to re-establish Villa as part of English football's elite is immense. Premier League survival is fundamental to realising it, not a League Cup to add to the five they already have."
Interesting read.
Winning the league cup is huge too. Qualifying for Europe would be absolutely fantastic.

Right - all packed and just leaving. Claret and Blue scarf out of the car window on the drive down to Watford junction. If any fellow VV are staying there tonight PM me and we can meet up for a beer and a sing song.
Safe trip down to all and I hope beyond hope that we will be singing "We'll be running round the Bull Ring the Cup" 🏆 tomorrow evening - just like the old days👍

I know that for some reason plenty of English fans and especially English media look down on the Europa league but I'd love us to be back in Europe. Competing regularly in continental competitions shows that you are part of the elite in your country and Europe in general.

The contempt we showed towards the competition the last couple of times we were in it always annoyed me. The Moscow away debacle was the beginning of the end for MON. And I've been trying to forget the 2 swift exits to rapid Vienna since they happened. I can't see us winning this game but if we do I'll be looking forward to my first ever European away day.

I know that for some reason plenty of English fans and especially English media look down on the Europa league but I'd love us to be back in Europe. Competing regularly in continental competitions shows that you are part of the elite in your country and Europe in general.

The contempt we showed towards the competition the last couple of times we were in it always annoyed me. The Moscow away debacle was the beginning of the end for MON. And I've been trying to forget the 2 swift exits to rapid Vienna since they happened. I can't see us winning this game but if we do I'll be looking forward to my first ever European away day.

Yep, I’d rather win the Europa league than one of the domestic cups personally.

They were best fans I’ve seen at Villa Park by a long way, even when they were losing. Proper european style supporters.

Interesting read.

He said something similar on Sky a few months ago, My respect for Carra has gone up.

The potential to re-establish Villa as part of English football's elite is immense.
I reckon that's how the owners see it. At the end of the season they won't hesitate to change if they think we're not going where they want us to.

Interesting read.
I don’t necessarily agree with his comments, we haven’t won anything for 24 years which is far too long and to rejoin the elite as he puts it we need to win trophies, even if it is “only the league cup”. I hope we stay up but equally hope we win the cup tomorrow too