Aston Villa v Brighton Match Thread - Sat 20th Nov - 3pm | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brighton Match Thread - Sat 20th Nov - 3pm

It does not look like our lucks changed much then.

We can’t possibly still have injuries . Jesus Christ it was bad enough we had Marv starting, he is now injured . Mcginn on his own in the middle then.

Memo to SG .Can you get rid of these fannies and get some proper men in . You know like Grant Holt.

It will be interesting to see his first-team selection and how many will still be the same come say January when he's had a chance to look at them with an open mind.
He knows Danny Ings and Ashley Young from his L*******l and England days doesn't mean he likes or rates them but they are two he actually knows what they can do, the rest will be a mystery to him at the moment.

I would imagine he'll make some controversial change, just to show he's done something, just like all new managers in all sorts of jobs do when they come in.

We can’t possibly still have injuries . Jesus Christ it was bad enough we had Marv starting, he is now injured . Mcginn on his own in the middle then.

Memo to SG .Can you get rid of these fannies and get some proper men in . You know like Grant Holt.

I think our fitness setup is poor. Every player who’s had an injury for us returns and gets injured immediately. Bailey came to us injured but everyone else this has happened to has been with us for 6 months +.

The injury YKW had is a classic overtraining injury.

Is 4-4-2 too old fashioned these days?

Targett seems betters in a 4. McGinn and Doug seem better suited to playing CM and we could play Watkins and Ings together. Do we have wingers who could tuck in and pull their weight in the middle?

Is 4-4-2 too old fashioned these days?

Targett seems betters in a 4. McGinn and Doug seem better suited to playing CM and we could play Watkins and Ings together. Do we have wingers who could tuck in and pull their weight in the middle?

I see a few ways it can work put our players need to rotate and be well drilled in defense.

I think you make Watkins drop into MF when we lose the ball and focus more on "mid-block" pressing. So instead of using his ability to press from the front you sacrifice that and we only engage around the halfway line. Let Ings lead the line but don't have him waste his energy chasing the ball back to the GK.

Other option for this which I dont like as much is Watkins or Ings pull back to LW when we lose the ball. McGinn starts at LM but tucks into CM to create a MF3 or MF5. You could do this with Ramsey or Sanson too.