Aston Villa away to Chelsea Match Thread (28/12) | Page 34 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Chelsea Match Thread (28/12)

Ezri is like Douggie and Super Jack in that he never seems to have to rush and always seems to have so much time.

Sign of a class player imho.

He's a Rolls Royce defender - big and imposing but graceful and elegant too. Reads the game exceptionally well with experience well beyond his years.

No wonder Chilwell is so shite - he's blind! :cool::cool::cool:
Hause chance
ElGhazi shot that took a lucky deflection and got half-blocked
Grealish shot that Mendy tipped around the post
McGinn screamer that hit the bar
Ramsey shot that whistled past the post
And those are just the ones I can remember after my post-match beverage...:guiness::smoke:

Tbf I rate Chilwell and he did nearly snatch it with that chance, would’ve been a great finish but that comment was just thick. A very even game between 2 evenly matched teams at the moment, you’d never think they’ve spent the most of any club in Europe.

A word or two about the defence. Thought Konsa and Hause did very well tonight. Hause’s distribution is a bit iffy at times but fair play to the lad, after a long lay off he’s done us proud. So strong in the air though he’ll no doubt be disappointed with his header at the other end first half. As for Konsa, wow that lad really has come on a shed load since joining us...but you never really notice him...he does what he has to do with no fuss, no drama....what a cracking piece of business for peanuts in this day and age.
Matty Cash also did a pretty decent job as well tonight, considering he’s had to step up from the Championship I think he’s showing bags of potential and then of course Mr Dependable between the sticks was as proficient as ever...I think I may eventually love him as much as I did Jimmy Rimmer...!
A year ago to the day we lost 3-0 at Watford....what a difference a year makes! The improvement in the quality of our defensive performances this season compared to last, really is quite remarkable.
Jimmy Rimmer ok but do you love him more than Nigel?

Was Grealish disposessed today more than usual because he was a bit knackered or the quality of the opposition?

20 times a game for Jack is around normal, although he only had 63% pass rate which was off, Chelsea kept him tight and really pressed him, definitely saw him tired a bit, I think we can expect more from him against Man Utd being a bit fresher, still one of the best players on the pitch today.

Really good result. Again. Would take that all day long.
One of the chelsea fans moaning on talk sport said how he admired the passion in the villa team.
It's a tough set of fixtures but these 4 points were vital.

Think we played with fire with not changing Traore earlier. Cash was left exposed.
I think Deano probably thought keeping him on as an attacking threat outweighed the negative. If so it was a brave call.
I saw someone giving him a bollocking after the Chelski goal. Chilwell didn't get much space on that side after that (until the last minute shot when Traore was off the pitch). You can see a dramatic improvement in Traore off the ball since his first couple of games. Still a ways to go but I think we've got a player there....

In my opinion Konsa is better than Mings. Just my opinion.
And Hause. Jesus. Doesnt even look the same player. Concrete is back!
The nice thing about both Hause and Konsa is that they're brave as well as being big units. Don't want to turn this into a dig at Mings, but Hause and Konsa are far better "natural" defenders and are completely unafraid of contact.

If you want a really balanced view from a Chelsea fan on todays game take a look at this video, says some great things about the Villa without being patronising, well worth a look.

I like that and got to agree, I thought Christensen would of been a good signing, didn't do much wrong today, 88% pass accuracy, won all his aerial duals, found 5 of his 7 long ball passes, 72 passes and I don't think we really troubled him.

Although the way he lay down on the pitch when there seemed to be not much wrong with him I would be absolutely screwing if he played for us, get up dust yourself down and get back and help your side from conceding, he let Chelsea down and I hate players like that.