Aston Villa away to Chelsea Match Thread (28/12) | Page 33 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Chelsea Match Thread (28/12)

They way the fitness levels have improved maybe not? A few months here and Traore will be at the required level fitness wise. I would also not rule out another winger coming in. In unpredictabilty levels Traore is ahead of ElGhazi. ElGhazi is deserving of his place at the moment.
Fitness levels much improved. We cope with the physicality of this league so much better. After 3 years in the Championship, it was a shock in the first home game the Cherries to see the pace, athleticism and sadly,cynicism. We look at the races now.

Good to see we can still perform well when players are missing, Still think Konsa was worth every penny we paid for him.
It's crazy to think at one point that Konsa was way way down the pecking order. Now he's as good as England international Mings.
We'll never learn our lessons...but we really should, like Managers, give people more time within this sport.

It's crazy to think at one point that Konsa was way way down the pecking order. Now he's as good as England international Mings.
We'll never learn our lessons...but we really should, like Managers, give people more time within this sport.
Southgate will be watching him i reckon sooner than we think.

In my opinion Konsa is better than Mings. Just my opinion.
And Hause. Jesus. Doesnt even look the same player. Concrete is back!

I learned ages ago to turn off any commentary that involves Jim Beglin as he is so fixated on certain situations and players in a game his commentary becomes one-eyed and irritating.

Apparently, the commentary was so biassed someone has started a tweet with lots of replies agreeing with him

Did Beglin really appear to have some sort of man-crush on Hudson-Odoi!?

Did Beglin really appear to have some sort of man-crush on Hudson-Odoi!?

I thought he looked very ordinary tonight, I've seen him play for Chelsea a few times. I am often surprised he doesnt start more and you have to question the decision of signing so many expensive players when he is already at the club. I see he is often their most direct player and usually he is more dangerous. Poor tonight though. Targett pretty much had him in his back pocket.

A word or two about the defence. Thought Konsa and Hause did very well tonight. Hause’s distribution is a bit iffy at times but fair play to the lad, after a long lay off he’s done us proud. So strong in the air though he’ll no doubt be disappointed with his header at the other end first half. As for Konsa, wow that lad really has come on a shed load since joining us...but you never really notice him...he does what he has to do with no fuss, no drama....what a cracking piece of business for peanuts in this day and age.
Matty Cash also did a pretty decent job as well tonight, considering he’s had to step up from the Championship I think he’s showing bags of potential and then of course Mr Dependable between the sticks was as proficient as ever...I think I may eventually love him as much as I did Jimmy Rimmer...!
A year ago to the day we lost 3-0 at Watford....what a difference a year makes! The improvement in the quality of our defensive performances this season compared to last, really is quite remarkable.