Aston Villa away to Chelsea Match Thread (28/12) | Page 38 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Chelsea Match Thread (28/12)

I think anyone who expects the press to fawn over us just yet is expecting too much of them. Their bread and butter is, and will be for the foreseeable future, the teams that have had success (winning leagues and cups) over a period of years. It's what the majority of people want to hear and that's what pays their wages. Don't quite understand the "plucky losers" love-in for Leeds, but I think that will die out. Leicester had 15mins in the sun, but they are not referenced as serious contenders despite being up and around the top four for a few years now.

We need to win silverware to be taken seriously and develop a worldwide fanbase of clicks into media stories. I for one can live without the limelight, I mean look at all the shite written about Man U - have they actually won anything recently? Most of what they do write is utter bollox anyway. As our African friends keep reminding us "I know Villa" and that's enough for now.

I think Matthew Syed is always a good listen.
Great stuff. Kirsty and Jim looked hot and bothered.No Sky fawning by Matthew. How dare he criticize a Sky football club? Such a lack of gratitude, its off to Europe and playing the same cartel every month and TV runs the game 100 per cent. Can't wait.

Great stuff. Kirsty and Jim looked hot and bothered. No Sky fawning by Matthew. How dare he criticize a Sky football club? Such a lack of gratitude, its off to Europe and playing the same cartel every month and TV runs the game 100 per cent. Can't wait.
Yeah, quite funny "now then young Matthew, we didn't bring you on here to ruin our w@nkfest" :lol:. They were just absolutely lost.

TBF they're only used to sparring with ex-pro's who don't give a shite about where the money comes from, as long as they can have some of it.

I wouldnt take any notice of Lampards whinging after the match. They are on a poor run and the pressure is starting to build up against him. He's just trying to deflect criticism so they dont begin asking questions of how safe his job is.