Aston Villa away to Chelsea Match Thread (28/12) | Page 32 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Chelsea Match Thread (28/12)

[QUOTE="CDX_EIRE,

I havent seen any of the analysts who said we'd be relegated come out and amend their comments or give us any praise at all.

Well they can get 500/1 if they want

The number one comment in the Daily Mail comments section match report.
Banjul from London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
"No one can deny the fact that Grealish is a talented footballer, but the number of times he hits the deck anytime an opposition player comes close to him is a disgrace."
Bitter and twisted or what. B

Oh yeah, apparently he's the first and only player ever to go down. If Grealish was Spanish every pundit and fan in this country would be gushing over him. As it is he's despised for playing the exact same way as every top player in Europe plays.

Smith needs to be more political here. He needs to make a song and dance over Grealish needing protection from referees just like Fergie did with Ronaldo. He should also remind everyone how Grealish was being deliberately kicked off the park for years on end and ended up sidelined with an injury.

Did sign off for the night, but couldnt resist posting this comment from the Guardian football writer
"Villa produced a compact, resilient performance and might easily have won the game, even if Anwar El Ghazi’s second-half goal was helped by a weak piece of defending from Andreas Christensen, who injured his own foot trying to foul Jack Grealish."
And that Fat Frank is how it was.

Lampard is another irritating shit who thinks life and football owe him a favour so I'd love to wipe that smug look off his face with a result for us

We seem to look tired but it's probably more of a case that we only played 48 hours ago and they have a whole 6 rested players so no wonder.

Whoever came up with these ridiculous, crowded fixtures over this period needs sacking but of course, it won't happen.

I said the above at half-time. Oh my, how I smiled at the end and the anticipation of bitter Lampard pointing the finger at everything and everyone except himself.

Well done my Villa. I'm proud of you again.:utv:

What will happen is that Traore will struggle for fitness, El Ghazi moves over to RW, Jack to the LW and Barkley then performs a blinder in the middle and Traore misses out again.

They way the fitness levels have improved maybe not? A few months here and Traore will be at the required level fitness wise. I would also not rule out another winger coming in. In unpredictabilty levels Traore is ahead of ElGhazi. ElGhazi is deserving of his place at the moment.

Its reported in the Birmingham Mail That our SJM told Lampard Told Lampard to eff off after Kante's late challenge on him. I cant believe that of our John, lucky he never gave him a Glasgow kiss. :arrghh:
Coverage here wasn't piping in fake crowd noise and you could hear Fat Frank all flippin' match screaming every time things didn't go his way. You could see the players getting sick of it. Grealish gave him some stick at one point too. He's getting more like his annoying Uncle 'Arry every day.

On a side note, nice to have a game without the referee or VAR as key talking points. I thought Atwell handled the game well, he let players tackle but made the right calls to play on or give a free kick.

Without home fans on the back of officials, it does feel to me like they are more independent and aren’t looking to make more decisions for the “Big 6” (a term I hate) - a feeling you sometimes get as an away fan.

Ben Chilwell ’They’ve had one shot and they’ve scored’ 😂
No wonder Chilwell is so shite - he's blind! :cool::cool::cool:
Hause chance
ElGhazi shot that took a lucky deflection and got half-blocked
Grealish shot that Mendy tipped around the post
McGinn screamer that hit the bar
Ramsey shot that whistled past the post
And those are just the ones I can remember after my post-match beverage...:guiness::smoke:

Did sign off for the night, but couldnt resist posting this comment from the Guardian football writer
"Villa produced a compact, resilient performance and might easily have won the game, even if Anwar El Ghazi’s second-half goal was helped by a weak piece of defending from Andreas Christensen, who injured his own foot trying to foul Jack Grealish."
And that Fat Frank is how it was.
Absolutely spot on there....

On a side note, nice to have a game without the referee or VAR as key talking points. I thought Atwell handled the game well, he let players tackle but made the right calls to play on or give a free kick.

Without home fans on the back of officials, it does feel to me like they are more independent and aren’t looking to make more decisions for the “Big 6” (a term I hate) - a feeling you sometimes get as an away fan.
@sirdennis are you seeing this? :cool: Is this allowed? :ban:
Fair point though @danvilla2 , the ref wasn't absolutely shite for a change....