Ashes Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

Ashes Thread

Great effort from Overton and Leach at the end, thought they were going to do it. A shame it's always the England bowlers who have to dig us out of the crap. Overton and Leach should open at The Oval.

At least I won't feel tempted to stay up for the next four nights. Very generous of England to send a strong statement about the outcome of the match on day 1 rather than string us along to a laboured defeat on the morning of day 5.

Is it only on BT Sport - highlights and all?
Good question. Fortunately I have BT Sports and haven't had to look beyond that. Audio wise if TMS don't have it on R5 Xtra, Talk Sport have muscled into cricket in recent years.

It might be worth checking out BBC Sport online to see if they are doing anything; in the past they have clipped mini highlights like wickets falling.

Ball one!
Just done the obligatory check on the weather forecast. There is a chance of rain, similar to what we saw yesterday afternoon. Sadly it's not likely until after stumps.

Who am I kidding anyway, you could probably take two and a half days out due to rain and Australia would still probably win this test at a canter.

I'm told an international opening batsman has been bowled around his legs, first ball of a match. Surely, I've been misled!
Agnew can't understand playing Leech instead of Broad. I get it, but unless Broad (understandably uneasy at the crease since taking one in the face) can bat for 2 or 3 sessions, it matters not one jot!

I'm told an international opening batsman has been bowled around his legs, first ball of a match. Surely, I've been misled!
Agnew can't understand playing Leech instead of Broad. I get it, but unless Broad (understandably uneasy at the crease since taking one in the face) can bat for 2 or 3 sessions, it matters not one jot!
Apparently in all formats of modern cricket it's imperative to look to score off every ball and not worry about getting out

In fairness it was a bloody horrible delivery to get first up; not that I think Athers or Sir Geoffrey would have been undone by it.

They’d probably have clipped it to the fine leg boundary. Also dropped Warner on 48 which should have been a straight forward slip catch.
l‘ve got a feeling this will be all over in three days. Aussie current first innings lead of 160+
edit. Now 185