Ashes Thread | Vital Football

Ashes Thread

Well maybe... although it seems definitely wrong that the first game of the football season is dueo to finish before the first major test match of the summer

Agree. Test series seem to start much later these days - only The Oval used to be in August. And the footy season must be starting earlier than ever this year.

Agree. Test series seem to start much later these days - only The Oval used to be in August. And the footy season must be starting earlier than ever this year.
A test match has room for some rain these days. I don't think there is a single batsmen able to take themselves out of T20 mode for long enough to build a long innings.
Expect bowlers on top for most of the series.

Certainly unlikely to be any draws unless there’s a lot of rain about. I’ve gone 1-4, and can see Smith and Warner racking up lots of runs.

Root deciding to move himself to no.3 two days before the start of the series just about sums up how seriously England take Test cricket at the moment.

Flippin Heck Australia are 17 for 2 in the ninth over. Come on England stuff the Aussies!!

Long way to go and we have to bat of course but a great start nonetheless.:clap:

Our pace attack looking very dangerous.

Or possibly only Smith and Warner can bat and the others are just one day sloggers! Just need to get Smith out (sand paper anyone!)

I just hope we can bat and put on a monster first innings score!