Ashes Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Ashes Thread

Still don't understand why Root doesn't like Woakes, hardly used him in the first 3 tests as a bowling option and now dropped for this one, is Overton any better? The batsmen have failed all summer bar the odd innings but they've been retained, typical England selection policy, batsmen fail change the bowling attack.

I think Overton is almost as good with the ball but slightly better with the bat. I’m at a loss and that’s what makes cricket, especially Test Match cricket so amazing and unfavourable. Take away Steve Smith and they are really average. We need to figure out a way to get him early. And stop all the fu**ing dropped catches.

Wasn't having a go at Overton just bemused by everything England done throughout the series, bar the odd magic hour we've been poor. If can't Smith try double hard to get the others out, they gave up again today.

Smith will fail before the series is over, but imo bar the did few innings it's been the bowlers who have been the players of the series. Admittedly I dont watch the games , but the scorecards and the odd highlights on the tele seem to indicate that

Smith will fail before the series is over, but imo bar the did few innings it's been the bowlers who have been the players of the series. Admittedly I dont watch the games , but the scorecards and the odd highlights on the tele seem to indicate that

Not before he's won the Ashes though...

Still 97 (or is it 98) short of saving the follow on. TMS seem to think it wouldn't be enforced, but if they happen to roll us out in the first 90 minutes tomorrow I think they would give it serious thought.