Administration? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Administration?

I genuinely don’t know who he is.
I’ve read BMH many times but never took notice of who the writers were.
I’ve been home and away since the seventies and have never noticed him at either.
I sat in the RE for over twenty years and never saw or heard him.
I know who you are because of GITB but I don’t think I’ve ever seen you at a home or away fixture.
The smallest away crowd for many years was last season, Plymouth away, first game.
I was there with about 100 others but didn’t notice this guy.
He was undoubtedly there but I didn’t see him.

Maybe he's like Yosser Hughes, he said he's famous & everyone knows him but the fact was only Graham Souness knew him. ;)

Could be because I tend to sit or stand away from the vocal crowd, mainly because I don’t like the negativity that often comes with that.
That’s the best thing about the old league two grounds with terraces.
You can just walk away if you get a knob jockey in your ear 😁
Ps
I don’t think that I know the other guys you mentioned either.
I recall one guy with grey hair who is a postman who I always see away.
Is he one of them?
Newport away will be my next local ish game.
I’ll look out for you 👍

i also have no idea who any of these people are and I never did read BMH.

i knew people who ran the away coaches and supporters club in the sixties but thats it.

i also have no idea who any of these people are and I never did read BMH.

And there was I thinking you were well read!

Anyway, it's not about knowing who The Binman is, the real question is does he know who you are? I can confirm that both he and Jim Case know who Buddha is

# loyal supporters. 😜

Anyway, it's not about knowing who The Binman is, the real question is does he know who you are? I can confirm that both he and Jim Case know who Buddha is

They'd both know who I am too, I think. But I don't know who you are (at least I don't think I do!). I've certainly seen Jim at Gills games, as he was good mates with a mate of mine I used to go to Gills with. For Eddie, I can't recall ever having seen him at the Gills (although I probably did). At Euro 2004 I seemed to bump into him and Wolfie just about everywhere I went in Porto, and I can even recall seeing him (and Jim, actually) at Lordswood once. But not at Gills.

I find the possibility that Scally is much more likely to sell the club to the highest bidder than ever before. Administration I would say is very unlikely.

But if Scally is open to offers he is in my view unlikely to make it public.

If the option to sell is a possibility then staving the player budget of funds in the short term could be a real possibility especially if he were looking to sell in the near future.

The other option is a investment for a third party Scally has been totally unsuccessful in his attempts over the years Anderson apart.It is possible that is what Fisher is being asked to find .In which case Scally needs to find enough money short term to keep us competitive.

The rest of today will be interesting.

I find the possibility that Scally is much more likely to sell the club to the highest bidder than ever before. Administration I would say is very unlikely.

If the option to sell is a possibility then staving the player budget of funds in the short term could be a real possibility especially if he were looking to sell in the near future.

The other option is a investment for a third party Scally has been totally unsuccessful in his attempts over the years Anderson apart.It is possible that is what Fisher is being asked to find .In which case Scally needs to find enough money short term to keep us competitive.

Clock is ticking faster and faster

Hard to see any libel in saying you have heard a rumour and asking if anyone knows if it's true or rubbish. The longer it goes without credible information the more it looks like idle speculation.

It's no use thinking rationally about the possibility of administration. We are far too committed and likely to be swayed by basic optimism/pessimism and there is more of the latter about because we haven't started well. I'd guess a number of clubs at our level could fall over at any given time, it doesn't take much to tip the balance. How many have yet repaired their finances after covid.

The other real possibility is that Scally himself hasn't decided what to do next and has brought in Fisher to give himself time to decide.
That of course leaves to club in a sort of limbo.
In those circumstances Scally is likely to have a tight ish budget. Perhaps not as generous as originally hinted at to Harris at interview. It would I believe fit well with current events.
If the investment option comes to nothing as before.
Does he fight on against the flow ?
Or sell it appears to be against his wishes ?

To sell you need a buyer. Not many of those around at our level.
Just been reading comments about MEMS wanting to buy the club or at least a sporting interest years ago, but Scally wanted more than the independent valuation of the club and would not release the club’s accounts to be checked.
MEMS instead bought the 442 club and have converted it into the tennis centre and done well out of it.

Just been reading comments about MEMS wanting to buy the club or at least a sporting interest years ago, but Scally wanted more than the independent valuation of the club and would not release the club’s accounts to be checked.
MEMS instead bought the 442 club and have converted it into the tennis centre and done well out of it.

This originally was rumoured around the season MEMS didn't renew their sponsorship for about a season and the speculation that he (Colin Jarvis) tried to buy the club and as a result of being insulted by Scally's demands withdraw his support (via sponsoring the club).

Pretty certain I saw comments from Colin Jarvis that the pulling out of sponsorship was down to company restructuring costs at the time. He confirmed (I recall) that running MEMS was a big enough job that he had no intention of ever wanting to buy the club.

The only people who'd know for sure would be Scally and Colin Jarvis and I'd doubt either would leak any alleged falling out to those who like to have a negative opinion of him on principle.

Right then, folks - what shall we come up with next to undermine the club we love?

What about - Jim Ratcliffe wanted to buy us rather than Manure but Scallwag is holding out for 12 billion for a minority interest?

OR - Tom Cruise had became jealous of Ryan Reynolds so offered 15 billion for a 10% stake but only if PS came back to run the club ?

Paul Fisher has rejected this claim and branded it “fake news” on Twitter. I’m pleased to see him respond to such spurious murmerings.

Right then, folks - what shall we come up with next to undermine the club we love?

Binman must be really proud of himself.

In other SOB news, Fred (who presumably wasn’t at the game yesterday) can take any positivity out of yesterday’s performance.