Administration? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Administration?

The minute you put a company into administration you lose control of it - can’t see Paul doing that, can you?
He may be forced to if the club can’t meet all its various bills? He’s made several million out of the club already, I don’t know why he didn’t retire years ago.

He may be forced to if the club can’t meet all its various bills? He’s made several million out of the club already, I don’t know why he didn’t retire years ago.

The club is solvent. Doesn’t have immediate debts being recalled (as far as I can tell).

Mr Scally would sell, rather than get peanuts from admin.

Binman is not an attention seeker and I think he must be asking the question, as the information he has heard comes from someone he trusts.

I seem to remember there were loads of rumours like this when we were in the championship, after ITV Digital. It was unfounded then and hopefully the same today

He does seek the limelight. He’s been on RK and in the papers. And rumour spreading like this just get him more attention.

He’s got form. Not that long ago, PS did a chairman’s chat to address other incorrect rumours he was spreading.

Maybe Michael Anderson is calling his debt in?

Depends on the terms of the loan but in any case that could only result in an administration if he took it to court and obtained a judgment. I think we would have heard about that in the press.

The club would also first be ordered to repay the debt and given time and every opportunity to do so.

He does seek the limelight. He’s been on RK and in the papers. And rumour spreading like this just get him more attention.

He’s got form. Not that long ago, PS did a chairman’s chat to address other incorrect rumours he was spreading.
He is a genuine fan and no way would I put him in the Fred Perry league. However he is a sh#t stirrer and seemingly obsessed with hating Scally. The bloke needs to give it a rest, at least for a few months to see how Harris and Fisher get on.

He loves to be negative about the Gills.

I would like to know what work experience and knowledge he has to be able to comment, apparently authoritatively, on what's going on and what the Gills/Scally should do.

I wonder how his CV compares to that of Fisher and then we could see who is most likely to steer us in the right direction.

Anyone know what Eddie's CV looks like?

My first response is to take the rumour with a large pinch of salt, my second too. But for every lower division supporter there is always that nagging worry at the back of one's mind. Ask yourself honestly which of our rivals entering administration would really shock you, not many is my personal response. There is always that risk because so many clubs trade close to the edge for years and sometimes they fall over. I think it's nonsense but trading conditions are awful for everyone at the moment and likely to get worse.

I don't think Eddie is stirring but I do think his general dissatisfaction and anxiety about the club has nudged him into catastrophe mode. He's not alone. In the past this sort of talk would have taken place in the pub, the social club, or on the terraces and a bit more detail would be out and about of varying credibility. I suspect someone has blabbed about an unpaid bill, an argument with a supplier, or some other matter and started the rumour ball rolling.

Edited following 58's post. Eddie's CV is pretty much all taken up with supporting GFC, Kent and England. I am sure his CV would not be inferior to my own but I reserve the right to have my say. Sometimes utter BS and tripe comes from above and us gossipers talk more sense, not always but sometimes.

Perversely, our history and the way Scally runs the club makes us one of the clubs least likely to fall in to administration.

When you hear about the eye watering sums some clubs like Derby and Bolton ran up before sanctions and points deductions were applied, that just could not happen under Scally for the main reason that no third party, creditor or financial institution would lend us money or let us run up a sizeable overdraft that we could not repay.

If there was not enough money built up in the club's account at the time, PS would not even be able to take his usual remuneration.

Over 20 years that is not a great deal of money compared to other senior business figures.
Remember it is his business not yours , you can't begrudge him being properly remunerated.
Do you expect him to run the business and take the associated abuse for nothing?

Over 20 years that is not a great deal of money compared to other senior business figures.
Remember it is his business not yours , you can't begrudge him being properly remunerated.
Do you expect him to run the business and take the associated abuse for nothing?
Nail on the head.

People are free to call out fellow fans but I'd appeal for tolerance towards differences of both opinions and temperament. We were corralled into pro and anti Scally camps a while back, now it's for or against wanting a change at the top. It started as a subtle difference but is broadening into villification by association. For the avoidance of doubt this is waht Eddie posted on FB:

" Genuine question, has anyone else heard any rumours re the Gills might face the risk of actually going into administration in October? First time I've heard them and obviously sincerely hope they are not true... Can anyone shed any light either way? Bit of a worry to be honest... "

Hardly inflammatory in my book. I'm not a friend of his but have exchanged words because he's a friend of a friend. He wouldn't recognise me but I see him at every game I go to and he supports the team enthusiastically during games.

My first response is to take the rumour with a large pinch of salt, my second too. But for every lower division supporter there is always that nagging worry at the back of one's mind. Ask yourself honestly which of our rivals entering administration would really shock you, not many is my personal response. There is always that risk because so many clubs trade close to the edge for years and sometimes they fall over. I think it's nonsense but trading conditions are awful for everyone at the moment and likely to get worse.

I don't think Eddie is stirring but I do think his general dissatisfaction and anxiety about the club has nudged him into catastrophe mode. He's not alone. In the past this sort of talk would have taken place in the pub, the social club, or on the terraces and a bit more detail would be out and about of varying credibility. I suspect someone has blabbed about an unpaid bill, an argument with a supplier, or some other matter and started the rumour ball rolling.

Edited following 58's post. Eddie's CV is pretty much all taken up with supporting GFC, Kent and England. I am sure his CV would not be inferior to my own but I reserve the right to have my say. Sometimes utter BS and tripe comes from above and us gossipers talk more sense, not always but sometimes.
Jogills, re CV I meant actual experience of the world of work and running businesses rather than how many games he's seen Gills/Kent play.

For example, it appears that SE1Gills on this board has some such experience so he will have some idea of what he is talking about. Has Eddie?

What is his work record?

Jogills, re CV I meant actual experience of the world of work and running businesses rather than how many games he's seen Gills/Kent play.

For example, it appears that SE1Gills on this board has some such experience so he will have some idea of what he is talking about. Has Eddie?

What is his work record?

It's about as long as a finger nail...

I have no experience of running a football club but historically, clubs go into administration when they have spent too much compared to income.
Scally is accused by most of not spending enough, so I suspect this is total BS.

People are free to call out fellow fans but I'd appeal for tolerance towards differences of both opinions and temperament. We were corralled into pro and anti Scally camps a while back, now it's for or against wanting a change at the top. It started as a subtle difference but is broadening into villification by association. For the avoidance of doubt this is waht Eddie posted on FB:

" Genuine question, has anyone else heard any rumours re the Gills might face the risk of actually going into administration in October? First time I've heard them and obviously sincerely hope they are not true... Can anyone shed any light either way? Bit of a worry to be honest... "

Hardly inflammatory in my book. I'm not a friend of his but have exchanged words because he's a friend of a friend. He wouldn't recognise me but I see him at every game I go to and he supports the team enthusiastically during games.
Not particularly inflammatory but part of a tiresome pattern from a self appointed "expert".

Btw, I'm not defending Scally here but feeling as if it's groundhog day. Can he just give it a rest for a while given the changes over the last month?

Not particularly inflammatory but part of a tiresome pattern from a self appointed "expert".

Btw, I'm not defending Scally here but feeling as if it's groundhog day. Can he just give it a rest for a while given the changes over the last month?

I don’t know what his day job is but clearly he’s not stupid. He was part of BMH and knows the power of the written word. And that’s why I go one further than you. He is shit stirring. He knows that SOB with latch on to it.